• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ryder Cup

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Any fans on here?

One of the best sporting events, love it

Huge task for Europe can’t see us winning it.

Bothered. It lost its meaning for me when it stopped being Britain and Ireland-v-US and became an artificial matchup of the two golf tours instead.

Bothered. It lost its meaning for me when it stopped being Britain and Ireland-v-US and became an artificial matchup of the two golf tours instead.
Considering it was originally just Britain it’s hardly a big step to change it to its current format.
I absolutely love it.

Oh come on Jules.. UK vs US was hardly a sporting contest. It was on par of England vs Scotland at just about any sport.

Still.. US have this one in the bag. Roll on next year

It's quite true that the contest wasn't a balanced one, but I didn't care. It was a contest between two, later three, real countries and the lopsided nature of the match-up made any British & Irish success all the sweeter. I know I'm being a bit of a grinch but sorry, that's how I feel about it.

The singles are a dead rubber..almost. Think it was on the cards. USA much stronger squad. Europe have some big hitters but not as strong all round as USA.

But I'm losing patience with the sport. Always had an interest but this constant marking, picking up, setting the aim, walking back and forth on the putting green is annoying. Should only be allowed to lift the ball ONCE only, on the green..after that..it's IN PLAY. Can then only be lifted if it's in the line of another player.

And the caddie should not be allowed to assist with the aim.

Only a couple of days away. Shame Bryson wasn’t selected.

Should be a good battle.

Of which the guts of the Europeans never play on(European Tour or DP World blah blah) anymore. And are mostly bloody yanks themselves anyway.... just like that fuckwit Paul mcginley thinks he is!

But yeah, love it anyway. Only European i want or care to see win is Shane Lowry, fuck the rest of them. Go team USA.

What a morning session!

Rahm and Hovland absolutely outstanding.
Straka and Aberg were poor to start on debut with nerves but got better and better.
Tommy missed so many putts but clutch when it was needed and Rory’s tee shot on 17 was magnificent.
USA on the other hand were abysmal.
Burns was awful, surely Peter Reid or Bryson would have been a better pick. Cantley in the water was a thing of beauty.

First ever 4-0 clean sweep session for Europe!

Amazing start!

Lowry was so passionate, loved it.

Aye, you can tell the real passion versus the arseholes like the Mcilroys and Poulters that are/were all about them... and how they look for the camera. Poulter was embarrassing.
Anyway, great start from europe. Long way back for USA.
And Is there anyway to mute Mcginley. A fucking child wouldn't pretend to put on that accent.

Aye, you can tell the real passion versus the arseholes like the Mcilroys and Poulters that are/were all about them... and how they look for the camera. Poulter was embarrassing.
Anyway, great start from europe. Long way back for USA.
And Is there anyway to mute Mcginley. A fucking child wouldn't pretend to put on that accent.
Loved Rose’s moment and impossible to dislike Hovland.
Rahm with an incredible finish eagle, par, eagle to steal a half.
Amazing golf everywhere.
USA need a huge response today.

Burns has probably just lit the touch paper.. 3 up there was no need for that reaction.
The fans made fun of his mullet :D

Cantley phenomenal finish on the last 3 holes do snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and keep a tiny slither of hope for team USA.

Homa playing extremely well too.

Back
Top Bottom