• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ryan Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Saw a one liner on Sky Sports saying Ryan Kent using biblical references about being left in the wilderness.

Problem?

Saw a one liner on Sky Sports saying Ryan Kent using biblical references about being left in the wilderness.

Problem?
Simple, he wants to leave or play.
We don't think he's good enough and want to sell him, but for the "right" fee.
No one wants to pay the "right" fee.

No idea why we didn't want to loan him out again, it's clear he's not in Klopp's plans.

Why on earth is Kent still at the club!? He clearly is not good enough so sell him, for his sake.

It feels to me that we are keeping him whilst our better emergency back ups for wide forward are out on loans (Wilson & Ojo). I can't see it being for anything other than being prudent.

Why on earth is Kent still at the club!? He clearly is not good enough so sell him, for his sake.
The reason we've got ridiculous fees for the likes of Solanke and Ibe in the past is because we hold out until we get our price, like we are here

The reason we've got ridiculous fees for the likes of Solanke and Ibe in the past is because we hold out until we get our price, like we are here

Solanke! What an awful footballer. He has actually scored a total of 0 goals in 10 apps for Bournemouth and 8 goals in 5 years of football. Bournemouth are mugs (Ibe) lol.

Solanke! What an awful footballer. He has actually scored a total of 0 goals in 10 apps for Bournemouth and 8 goals in 5 years of football. Bournemouth are mugs (Ibe) lol.
They took a risk buying Ibe. I had already written him off because he just seemed stupid on the pitch.
But buying Solanke....wow. That's a new level of stupid.

[article]
Ryan Kent has expressed his unhappiness at Liverpool’s treatment of him with a thinly-veiled dig at the club on social media.

The 22-year-old winger has been targeted by Rangers for a return to Ibrox all summer, having enjoyed a successful loan spell last season.

However, Liverpool only want to sell the attacker, which appears to rule out a return to Steven Gerrard’s side – especially with the reigning Europan champions wanting as much as £12million for Kent.

A move to Leeds also fell through because the Championship outfit were said to be unwilling to spend more than £5m on him and that appears to have Kent in the wilderness.

He lined up for Liverpool Under-23s against Tottenham on Saturday in front of less than 200 people
and it would seem that he has no chance of breaking into Jurgen Klopp’s first-team plans.

And now he has taken a thinly-veiled dig at the club, with a social post suggesting he feels Liverpool are stopping him from moving forward, especially after pricing him out of a move.

He posted a Bible passage from St Peter which reads: “And through covetousness shall they with fiend words make merchandise of you: whose judgement now of a long time lingered not, and their damnation slumbereth not”.

In modern English that translates to: “In their greed teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.”

It is not the first time that Kent has taken to Instagram to suggest he is unhappy with his current plight.

He has also posted images from TV show Prison Break, and also uploaded an image of Prince with the word ‘slave’ written on his face.

He has also deleted all images of him playing for Liverpool on Instagram, after also unfollowing them, as he desperately seeks a move away from Merseyside.

[/article]

What a fucking shit attitude. Fair enough he's frustrated, but Prison Break references and slave photos in Instagram? He's getting paid to go to football training. That's hardly the worst thing.

To be fair to him we've brought a 16 year old into the first team squad in a similar position.

I'd be fairly upset too if I was binned for a child after being rangers player of the season and priced out of any permanent move.

You guys are being harsh.

If we can't find a buyer for him now, we should at least let him go out on loan till January.

Shame Rangers can't cough up the cash.

To be fair to him we've brought a 16 year old into the first team squad in a similar position.

I'd be fairly upset too if I was binned for a child after being rangers player of the season and priced out of any permanent move.

He's entitled to he pissed off but Instagram photos of fucking prison break is hardly a good way to go about things.

He's entitled to he pissed off but Instagram photos of fucking prison break is hardly a good way to go about things.
Really? So when he signed the contract with us he wasn’t clear what it was he was committing to or what it meant? Or was he forced into it?

100%. He's got to look out for his career but the club are under no obligation to do him any favors. He is an asset who is under contract. And if he thinks throwing an online hissy fit is going to further his career he may be surprised.

We should be selling him to Rangers on the cheap with a huge sell-on clause. If he's player of the season a couple more times for them, there'd definitely be bids from England down the line. And we'd make more than 12M.
He's a dickhead but I do feel for him. Players can just disappear if they're unlucky and they don't have long enough careers to be able to turn things around (talking about talented but not super high level players).

At the end of the day there is nothing to suggest he is good enough to play for the European Champions. Klopp feels he gave him a chance in pre season and he didn't take it. I wonder if we had any loan offers, or if we even wanted any loan offers to come in?

At the end of the day there is nothing to suggest he is good enough to play for the European Champions. Klopp feels he gave him a chance in pre season and he didn't take it. I wonder if we had any loan offers, or if we even wanted any loan offers to come in?

Stevie G said Rangers tried to get a loan twice but each time were told that he wasn’t available to loan, buy only. Leeds tried to buy but didn’t offer enough

Whilst it must be frustrating not to play (or being sold), he is not going to be destitute and is probably on 20 grand week.

Didn't Camacho have a similar huff last year? There comes a point when we should accept whatever offer is on the table. We had Markovic on the books year after year, and there were times that we knocked back offers that we thought undervalued him. We helped in the ruination of his career. I think Kent is being strategic here- he hopes if he has a public strop that Liverpool might lower their demands in January. He still has the potential to be involved this season, especially in the cups. He needs to get his head down and make the best of it for now.

He's 23 soon and he's not really done anything to date to be of any value to us.

Take the 5m from Leeds and that's it...We let Mignolet go for 7m so we surely can't put a 10m price tag on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom