• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
The whole thing unravelled with in 48 hours making the owners look stupid. I think the 50%+1 rule is a non-starter. Fans can in no way come up with the £2bn it would take to buy 50% of Man Utd. The clubs could be told to give fans a seat at the board of directors, so they have a voting right.
Fines will hurt the transfer budget, point deductions will blow any chance of winning the league and may even derail qualifying for the CL. Which would hurt fans.

If the ESL wasn't a closed shop, and the super 15 bargained a collective TV rights package without UEFA, then I would imagine fans would have been behind it as would other clubs.

Jesus Christ..
There will be no fines or sanctions..
It's all bluster.

Just a tightening up of the rules

And what is the definition of a Fan?

I thought Lebron James was a fan and doesn’t he have a seat on the board?

There will be no punishment.
City have been playing the rules for yrs and nothing has changed.
If anything, various bodies should have a good look at themselves first to hear some of the valid concerns clubs in general have about running of the game before they put they feet up.

How can you punish them? It was just a proposal. They did nothing wrong by the letter of the law or the rules. Likewise, you can't punish the club, players, fans, managers for the actions of a few lizards. There was never gonna be any punishment.

How can you punish them? It was just a proposal. They did nothing wrong by the letter of the law or the rules. Likewise, you can't punish the club, players, fans, managers for the actions of a few lizards. There was never gonna be any punishment.

It wasn't a proposal. They quit the ECA and joined another league. They did not, at any time, say that they were "considering" the matter.

Apparently the other 14 Prem clubs pushing for a 25pt deduction for the start of next seasons Premier League ) which means we’d have to get 70pts just to be safe from relegation next year) , along with a 3yr ban from ALL European club competitions.

Apparently the other 14 Prem clubs pushing for a 25pt deduction for the start of next seasons Premier League ) which means we’d have to get 70pts just to be safe from relegation next year) , along with a 3yr ban from ALL European club competitions.

What a shame it takes a vote of 15 to agree anything with the premier league. Which is the first point this falls down. Not to mention all the other holes in this plot.

Straight from a cabbie outside the Black Horse that story, mate

Apparently the other 14 Prem clubs pushing for a 25pt deduction for the start of next seasons Premier League ) , along with a 3yr ban from ALL European club competitions.

I am mystified as to why they would want a 25 point deduction, but if Everton, Southampton, Newcastle, Burnley, West Ham, Aston Villa, etc want to start the next season at -25 points, who are we to deny them. Vote on it, get it approved and let us move forward.

What a shame it takes a vote of 15 to agree anything with the premier league. Which is the first point this falls down. Not to mention all the other holes in this plot.
Not sure about this. The general voting threshold is 2/3 (14 clubs). The rule requiring 15 was specific to votes on expulsion. Most other matters only need 14 votes.

Ha. Sounds like petty point scoring from clubs that aren't very good at scoring many points. Can't see it happening. As for 3 year European ban - Champions League without any of those 12 teams would be a commercial disaster for them. Let's see how important their sporting morality is then. As for the legal premise of it all. Highly questionable but I'm no leech lawyer

No participation in any Uefa competitions for 2 years would show both sides what there is to lose if they go to war

L. 9 of the Premier league handbook states

Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall
not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:
L.9.1. the UEFA Champions League;
L.9.2. the UEFA Europa League;
L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
L.9.4. the F.A. Community Shield;
L.9.5. the Football League Cup; or
L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.

Make of that what you willo_Oseems iffy to me

L. 9 of the Premier league handbook states

Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall
not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:
L.9.1. the UEFA Champions League;
L.9.2. the UEFA Europa League;
L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
L.9.4. the F.A. Community Shield;
L.9.5. the Football League Cup; or
L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.

Make of that what you willo_Oseems iffy to me
Yea that won’t stick.

Fuck them. Let them relegate all 6 of us and see what that does for the TV rights and sponsorship. Sky and BT straight on the phone to Masters asking for a rebate because it's not a premier league product

Fuck them. Let them relegate all 6 of us and see what that does for the TV rights and sponsorship. Sky and BT straight on the phone to Masters asking for a rebate because it's not a premier league product

It might actually be fun. I wouldn't mind a season in the championship if the other five were there too.

It might actually be fun. I wouldn't mind a season in the championship if the other five were there too.
I'm sure the Championship clubs would love it too. You do wonder which 3 would go up?

The top 6 - Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Brentford, and Barnsley - are currently ahead of the chasing pack by quite a bit, so it'll likely be these six. Reading is presently 7th so Ovie Ejaria may be a PL player after all

The top 6 - Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Brentford, and Barnsley - are currently ahead of the chasing pack by quite a bit, so it'll likely be these six. Reading is presently 7th so Ovie Ejaria may be a PL player after all
I meant which 3 out of the cunty 6 would get promoted if they sent us all down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom