• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Premier league all time 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
----------------------------------------------------Schmeical-------------------------------------------------------
Dixon------------------------Hyppia---------------------------------------Vidic-----------------------------Cole
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------Vieira-----------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------Gerrard-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronaldo.c----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Giggs
---------------------------------Henry-------------------------------Shearer-------------------------------------

Subs-Cech, Neville, Ferdinand, Keane, Fowler, Pires, Beckham.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46345.msg1375028#msg1375028 date=1312552094]
----------------------------------------------------Schmeical-------------------------------------------------------
Dixon------------------------Hyppia---------------------------------------Vidic-----------------------------Cole
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------Vieira-----------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------Gerrard-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronaldo.c----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Giggs
---------------------------------Henry-------------------------------Shearer-------------------------------------

[/quote]

Reckon you've got the squad as a whole spot on Oncy.....personally i'd have Keane in ahead of Viera in the first 11, but other than that spot on.

Edit - Add Zola to the squad too!

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=46345.msg1375044#msg1375044 date=1312553235]
Reckon you've got the squad as a whole spot on Oncy.....personally i'd have Keane in ahead of Viera in the first 11, but other than that spot on.

Edit - Add Zola to the squad too!
[/quote]

I agree with Sluggy on the Keane front.

I'd also add the Judas Midget and Bergkamp (in fact I'd be tempter to play him upfront instead of Shearer) to the squad ahead of Zola.

I think most Irishers would go for Keane over Vieira. I cant get with that. Vieira was a freak of a footballer.

ferdinand and campbell at their peak are better than vidic. other than that, pretty spot on. I think babbel was the best RB in the league but that was only one majestic season so you can't include him.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=46345.msg1375061#msg1375061 date=1312554511]
ferdinand and campbell at their peak are better than vidic. other than that, pretty spot on. I think babbel was the best RB in the league but that was only one majestic season so you can't include him.
[/quote]Campbell was NEVER better than Vidic. He was fucking shit and had to resort to last ditch tackles all the time because he was so fucking hopeless at marking or reading the game. He was a big lump and dominant in the air but a shite CB.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46345.msg1375060#msg1375060 date=1312554395]
I think most Irishers would go for Keane over Vieira. I cant get with that. Vieira was a freak of a footballer.
[/quote]

I support NI though. I've zero affiliation with ROI.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46345.msg1375028#msg1375028 date=1312552094]

[/quote]

I will go home and have a shower after typing this I feel that dirty but would Neville not be ahead of Dixon?

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46345.msg1375067#msg1375067 date=1312554964]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=46345.msg1375061#msg1375061 date=1312554511]
[/quote]Campbell was NEVER better than Vidic. He was fucking shit and had to resort to last ditch tackles all the time because he was so fucking hopeless at marking or reading the game. He was a big lump and dominant in the air but a shite CB.
[/quote]

I don't agree with that, but ho hum. okay, take out vidic and put in ferdinand. it's a pity we couldn't afford ferdinand when he left leeds as a hyppia/rio partnership would have won us the league (imho)

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=46345.msg1375092#msg1375092 date=1312560287]
Our problem has rarely been our defence, it has been a lack of options going forward.
[/quote]

A debate for another day but as great as our defense has been since the arrive of gh to pretty much the present, it has needed far too much protection which in turn has effected the attacking side of our game. pretty much every time we have attempted to become more attacking (more people joining the attack) we've leaked goals.

----------------------------------------------------Schmeichal-------------------------------------------------------
-Finnan-----------------------Hyypia---------------------------------------Vidic-----------------------------Cole
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------Gerrard----------------------Vieira-------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Henry-------------------------------Zola-------------------------------------

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46345.msg1375067#msg1375067 date=1312554964]
[/quote]

You could argue the same about Vidic except instead of tackling the opponent who has just run past him he just drags them to the ground, I lost count of the number of times last season he should have received a straight red card but didnt, hes a good no nonsense defender but he is really limited and hugely over rated, Kompany at City is the best defender in the league for my money, Im not implying all time but right now

[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=46345.msg1375219#msg1375219 date=1312617483]
Cole being in there makes me cringe..

But i cant think of anybody else.
[/quote]

Denis Irwin ?

Actually , i was just looking and in 2003 they have the 10 year awards thing and these were the teams selected :

Teams of the Decade:

Domestic: David Seaman, Gary Neville, Tony Adams, Steve Bruce, Stuart Pearce, David Beckham, Paul Ince, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Alan Shearer, Michael Owen

Overseas: Peter Schmeichel, Dan Petrescu, Jaap Stam, Marcel Desailly, Denis Irwin, Fredrik Ljungberg, Patrick Vieira, Roy Keane, Robert Pires, Thierry Henry, Eric Cantona

Overall: Peter Schmeichel, Gary Neville, Tony Adams, Marcel Desailly, Denis Irwin, David Beckham, Patrick Vieira, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Alan Shearer, Eric Cantona

I'd also be tempted to have Sir Les on my bench , 149 prem goals he got which is the same as owen currently has .

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=46345.msg1375225#msg1375225 date=1312619732]
[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=46345.msg1375219#msg1375219 date=1312617483]
Cole being in there makes me cringe..

But i cant think of anybody else.
[/quote]

Denis Irwin ?
[/quote]

This.

Denis Irwin was a quality player. He was a bargain too, wasn't he?

Denis Irwin was nowhere fucking NEAR as good as Ashley Cole.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46345.msg1375558#msg1375558 date=1312669055]
Denis Irwin was nowhere fucking NEAR as good as Ashley Cole.
[/quote]

"nowhere fucking near as good" is absolute bollocks. He was ten times the defender of aul mobile arse and he wasn't too far behind in an attacking aspect either. The only thing cole has over Irwin is his pace.

i would go for:

-------------------Schmeichel----------------
G.Neville----Hyypia---Carvalho----A.Cole
----------------------Viera---------------------
C.Ronaldo------------------------------Giggs
--------------------Gerrard-------------------
------------Henry-----------Zola-------------

Players like Shearer, Hasselbaink, Keane, Robben, Vidic, Beckham etc should all be in there too

Schmeichel

Neville Adams Hyypia Cole

Viera
Gerrard

Ronaldo Giggs
Henry Shearer

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46345.msg1375731#msg1375731 date=1312722752]
Anyone else lads? Niall Quinn? Shay Given?
[/quote]

Explain why Gerrard gets into a "Premier League 11" ahead of Roy Keane for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom