• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Wolves (a) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed this game as a spectator. The safe standing in one of the Molineux stands made for a lively atmosphere although they sang a few dickhead songs like feed the scousers.

a few quick observations though

- Thiago was another level. He got stuck in, made great passes, always shows for the ball and launched many a good attack

- Jota - looked like the atmosphere got to him but got some v good chances. On another day he has a hat trick.

- Trent - i was amazed at how composed he is, he shits assuredness and leadership.

Wolves

- Ait Nouri did a great job on mo. If he hadn’t gone off for Agent Ki-Jana i don’t think we get a winner

- Max Kilman looks immense. Built like a rugby player and read the game well.

262855360_10158281352097826_7578921150763977539_n.jpg

“Liverpool lucky to have a player like Origi
After watching Divock Origi fire a late winner at Wolves that could have seismic implications for the title race, Jürgen Klopp could not believe his luck. “If I would be in another club I would go for him,” he said. “I thought that would happen. I am very happy he is still here but I cannot believe if you don’t play for Liverpool, you cannot be good. This team is outstanding, and if you are here and are number 12 or 13 or 14, you are outstanding.” It was only Origi’s third league outing of the season but his name is writ large in Liverpool folklore, not least due to his dramatic contributions in 2018-19, and Klopp was visibly delighted to see him step up again. Origi is that rare breed in the modern game: a player who understands that he occupies a backup role and embraces it. If and when the 26-year-old does opt to seek regular starts elsewhere, it will be with the most grateful of send-offs. “
Nick Ames

Brill again. Thanks for posting, again. I get a strong sense that they all really feel part of one team and that the club is at ease with itself, which is great.

BTW I'd forgotten that Jota fouled the defender to win the ball and go on the run that led to his miss. :vamp:

From Crouch's Daily Mail column:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...e-lineout-corner-ridiculous-idea-isnt-it.html

[article]
It's hard to leave Anfield... trust me
Another late, late show to go with the rest of them for cult hero Divock Origi, who will be loved at Liverpool for ever. Do not underestimate what a tough gig he has there, with only 34 league starts in six and a half seasons.

There is always this assumption about these players that they’ve no desire to play. People put you down. That goal at Wolves could potentially win Liverpool the title. Add it to scoring in a Merseyside derby. Scoring against Barcelona. The Champions League final.

It takes a special character to accept that role. It’s hard, there are a lot of dark days.

You’re going in to train the day after a game when everyone else is warming down. You’re in when they’re off. You’re playing training ground games in front of nobody to maintain fitness.

I know what it’s like to make an impact as a substitute. Origi could leave and play every game elsewhere. But he’s coming on and scoring massive goals for a huge club.

I sometimes regret leaving Liverpool when I was second fiddle to Fernando Torres. Thankfully I got those big games back at Portsmouth and Tottenham in Europe but leaving Anfield is a hard thing to do.

Ultimately, the game time is why I left. I was playing for England and wondering about my place with them. Thankfully it worked out, but the grass isn’t always greener.
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom