• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match - Preston Away (League cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sepp.png

Now that you see the whole picture, I think you'll notice that Sepp is marking Minamino

Right. Who was more central and dangerous. Right choice out of bad choices.

Morton looks as though he sees a pass. Add the extra strength, experience etc and he could be in with a shout. Disappointed with Jones...not for the first time. Puts in a good show then seems to slip back to mediocrity. Bit frustrating..think he is a good player but will he eventually become a fully fledged Liverpool regular...a name in the game...the jury's still out..

I agree that Morton is a good passer problem is, he needs to be more physical. He was bullied at times in midfield and he also needs to work on his defending and pressing.
Early days still, but he's far from ready.

Right. Who was more central and dangerous. Right choice out of bad choices.
Yeah if you see the reaction afterwards, Sepp wasn't really expecting that Neco would somehow get the ball to Origi with three defenders surrounding him.

Morton looks as though he sees a pass. Add the extra strength, experience etc and he could be in with a shout. Disappointed with Jones...not for the first time. Puts in a good show then seems to slip back to mediocrity. Bit frustrating..think he is a good player but will he eventually become a fully fledged Liverpool regular...a name in the game...the jury's still out..

He lacks consistency for sure. I got the feeling, like some other times, that he was not quite sure what his role was in this game.

Was he supposed to the creative force? the calm 1st teamer?

I think he does quite well when he is free to run and the opposition and defend from the front, but in this game, Ox played the role. So, he was kind of just providing an outlet for Morton and keeping it neat.

Yeah if you see the reaction afterwards, Sepp wasn't really expecting that Neco would somehow get the ball to Origi with three defenders surrounding him.

Sepp did quite well overall. He certainly played is role in a stubborn defense through 70 minutes, albeit against very limited threat.

Sepp did quite well overall. He certainly played is role in a stubborn defense through 70 minutes, albeit against very limited threat.
Yeah he did well. The only mistake he made was letting Minamino get passed him.

He lacks consistency for sure. I got the feeling, like some other times, that he was not quite sure what his role was in this game.

Was he supposed to the creative force? the calm 1st teamer?

I think he does quite well when he is free to run and the opposition and defend from the front, but in this game, Ox played the role. So, he was kind of just providing an outlet for Morton and keeping it neat.

Nail on the head. So many games his role seems undefinded. Sometimes little more than a foil for the other midfield players, other times just on the priphery. Then tonight just doesn't impose himself. Because he's a local lad we all want him to stand out. Maybe we're expecting to much. Hard to take or try to take the thing by the scruff of the neck when there are so many other outstanding players demanding the ball.

Still young enough obviously but this club and team waits for no man. Still love to see him become a name in the game but this season is make or break.

Blair could be a neat player. Just lacking in upper body strength
Blair was the worst player on the pitch. Bad positioning, barely did any running, didn't show the excitement and determination you usually see from a young kid getting his big chance.
The entire game changed when he was hauled off.

Seriously, that Blair kid was terrible. At least Gordon tried when he played.

Blair was the worst player on the pitch. Bad positioning, barely did any running, didn't show the excitement and determination you usually see from a young kid getting his big chance.

A little harsh. I thought he started okay and the effort was there. And…comparing him to Gordon is not really fair, at this point, regardless of whether he is older.

Many, many kids struggle in the opportunity. Was the lack of effort that you saw just created by being a bit lost as the game unfolded. The Preston defense was not easy to play against and even strugglers in the championship are a HUGE step up.

A little harsh. I thought he started okay and the effort was there. And…comparing him to Gordon is not really fair, at this point, regardless of whether he is older.

Many, many kids struggle in the opportunity. Was the lack of effort that you saw just created by being a bit lost as the game unfolded. The Preston defense was not easy to play against and even strugglers in the championship are a HUGE step up.
Basically the same age, hence my comparison. Actually he's a year older than Gordon.

Basically the same age, hence my comparison. Actually he's a year older than Gordon.

Understood, but we all know that Gordon is special. Gordon will make it and soon.

He is just starting to have an impact in the U18s/U23s, so he should not really be measured against Gordon, who is also the best youth attacker we have.

Anyway….not a big deal. His future will not be decided on this performance.

Understood, but we all know that Gordon is special. Gordon will make it and soon.

He is just starting to have an impact in the U18s/U23s, so he should not really be measured against Gordon, who is also the best youth attacker we have.

Anyway….not a big deal. His future will not be decided on this performance.
Yeah, it's not like I'm writing him off. He just didn't have a good game.

I was surprised to see Blair given the chance over say Polish Messi or Gordon, two players who seem to be in great form for the U23.

Blair wasn't the worst player. That accolade goes to Ox by a wide margin.

Origi and Minamino only had marginally better games than Blair padded by goals.

Blair wasn't great, but it's how he will learn from that, that will define him. The occasion looked like it got to him, he almost got on the end of a header let's not forget.

Blair wasn't the worst player. That accolade goes to Ox by a wide margin.

Origi and Minamino only had marginally better games than Blair padded by goals.

Blair wasn't great, but it's how he will learn from that, that will define him. The occasion looked like it got to him, he almost got on the end of a header let's not forget.

Seriously?! Nah, Ox was one of our better players, the problem, which Klopp also alluded to, was that Jones and him occupied the same space. They just didn't work well together. They pretty much had their own one man show in midfield and Klopp did not like that at all.

I went the pub straight from work and forgot we were playing, ended up going for an amazing Indian and getting cocktails. Was walking the dogs out of my mind in the early hours when I saw this topic.

To be honest I'm happier that City got beat than we won. Read into that what you will.

I went the pub straight from work and forgot we were playing, ended up going for an amazing Indian and getting cocktails. Was walking the dogs out of my mind in the early hours when I saw this topic.

To be honest I'm happier that City got beat than we won. Read into that what you will.
I was absolutely delighted city got beat…I have to put up with an extreme irritating family member who is a city fan..OMG he’s irritating ..like a big kid and he’s in his 50s the moron !

Seriously?! Nah, Ox was one of our better players, the problem, which Klopp also alluded to, was that Jones and him occupied the same space. They just didn't work well together. They pretty much had their own one man show in midfield and Klopp did not like that at all.
Seriously, yes he got the ball a lot. But I can't recall anything decent he done with it. Constantly running down blind alleys and that pass to Tsimikas towards the end up his night for me.

Seriously, yes he got the ball a lot. But I can't recall anything decent he done with it. Constantly running down blind alleys and that pass to Tsimikas towards the end up his night for me.
Yeah I remember that pass, but he had better momennts in the game. I think he's the one who played a delightful ball to Minamino who completely missed the ball.
I'm not saying it was a '8' performance, but I'd give him a solid '6'.
Most of our players were shite.

He is young and will learn but if he is ever going to be good enough, we will see
Still needs work to strenght his upper body ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom