• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll [Poll] Rodgers Biggest & Best Signing ?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Rodgers Best ever signing ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
With Lallana and Lovren about to leave, both came in during the Rodgers era..

Who do you consider to be Rodgers best Ever signing ?

Tough one to choose for me
Between Milly and Frim.. Both equally instrumental to the clubs recent success.

Frim on the field, our front 3 wouldn't be what it is without him.. Milly on and off the field with his experience and professionalism

Last edited:
I still think alot of people didn't realise just how good a fit and firing Sturridge was. He was dynamite.

Benteke was the most daft signing Rodgers ever made.. I struggled with it.. that was his signing..

He basically brought in what he essentially wanted to get rid off when he became manager, as he didn't fit with his style of play..

Andy Carroll

I just struggled to understand it, with his previous stance on Andy Carroll

These kind of threads always go wrong really when we start speculating on whether players were wanted by the manager or owners.

Rightly or wrongly if I'm giving Rodgers the credit for Coutinho, Sturridge, Milner etc then he is also getting the blame for Benteke, Borini, Aspas, Balotelli etc.

His best signing would probably be Coutinho, for the reasons Woland gave. For longer term individual impact on the team, I'd probably say Firmino.

Depending on how things pan out, it might well end up being Gomez though

The Balotelli “panic” buy after seeing Rickie Lambert really struggle in training HAS to be a pivotal moment in Rodgers managerial career if he’s going to get a Big 6 job....

The Balotelli “panic” buy after seeing Rickie Lambert really struggle in training HAS to be a pivotal moment in Rodgers managerial career if he’s going to get a Big 6 job....

Is that why we signed him? I didn't know about the Lambert aspect. I just thought we were running out of options, hence the panic.

I can kinda imagine Rodgers sitting watching Liverpool games on TV and constantly commenting to anyone who will listen on the players that he signed, ignoring all the others.

Is that why we signed him? I didn't know about the Lambert aspect. I just thought we were running out of options, hence the panic.

I can kinda imagine Rodgers sitting watching Liverpool games on TV and constantly commenting to anyone who will listen on the players that he signed, ignoring all the others.
It was. I love Lambert, hometown kid living his dream. But when they got up close and personal in training, everyone knew that at 7/10 he was significantly short of what we needed. Rodgers just totally rolled the dice on Balotelli - the antithesis of Lambert, talent to burn, but zero application or common sense

It was. I love Lambert, hometown kid living his dream. But when they got up close and personal in training, everyone knew that at 7/10 he was significantly short of what we needed. Rodgers just totally rolled the dice on Balotelli - the antithesis of Lambert, talent to burn, but zero application or common sense

I dont believe Rodgers ever wanted Baloteli, his statements at the time made that clear. If people are willing to praise the committee for the likes of Firmino and Coutinho then they can wear the almighty fuck up that was Baloteli.

I dont believe Rodgers ever wanted Baloteli, his statements at the time made that clear. If people are willing to praise the committee for the likes of Firmino and Coutinho then they can wear the almighty fuck up that was Baloteli.
This is totally back to front. Totally.

Rodgers was panicking, and made a big noise about not having any freedom to make deals. The committee absolutely did not want Balotelli but acquiesced after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing.

He was 100% the driving force behind signing him.

I firmly believe that our worst signing of the past ten years was Bentake. Thick, shit and an absolute spanner. Hated him before during and after.

I firmly believe that our worst signing of the past ten years was Bentake. Thick, shit and an absolute spanner. Hated him before during and after.

probably, yeah. Rodgers didn’t tend to do well with strikers, did he? Benteke, Ballotelli, Borini, Aspas. On the much more likeable scale, but still sadly didn’t work out there was also Ings and Lambert.

On the flipside I suppose there was Sturridge, Firmino and Origi.

probably, yeah. Rodgers didn’t tend to do well with strikers, did he? Benteke, Ballotelli, Borini, Aspas. On the much more likeable scale, but still sadly didn’t work out there was also Ings and Lambert.

On the flipside I suppose there was Sturridge, Firmino and Origi.

Ings is boss. Injuries did for him at our place. Shame he chose to leave but completely understandable

Villa, without his goals, promptly went down. Liverpool wasted £32 million (and time). Benteke himself never fitted and regressed to an absolute donkey of a player. It was a transfer which worked for nobody.

Ings is boss. Injuries did for him at our place. Shame he chose to leave but completely understandable

he is, yes. I think most people liked him at the time and like him now. It’s great to see him doing well.

That’s why I didn’t include him alongside the headline bad signings. I don’t think Lambert was a poor player by any means either. Maybe a few years earlier with some better luck he would have been fine.

Rogers was talked into signing Mario, he never wanted him. He made loads of noise dismissing the links with him at the time.

"What we wanted and what we needed was a player who could really press at the top end of the field,” said Rodgers. “It wasn’t just a goalscorer we were after. I felt Mario was someone who wouldn’t work for us. But come the end of the summer, we were struggling to get someone who could do the role we wanted. I think the ownership group thought that this could be a player I could develop."

“They were thinking that maybe he is a £50m player that we can get for £16m. So, when the owners are wanting you to go down that route and there is no other options, then of course you give it a go.”

Rodgers wanted Alexis Sanchez to fill the void left by the sale of Luis Suarez to Barcelona, but he joined Arsenal. “The huge blow for us was we felt we were getting Alexis Sanchez,” he said. “We thought Luis was going and he would have been the like-for-like replacement. He would have been perfect for us.”

You have just captured it there in that set of quotes-- the [fundamental] problem with Rodgers. When things didn't work out it was somebody else's responsibility (or fault.) He's a great coach (he improved Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling no end, no matter what anybody says) but he couldn't manage when things didn't quite work out.

You have just captured it there in that set of quotes-- the [fundamental] problem with Rodgers. When things didn't work out it was somebody else's responsibility (or fault.) He's a great coach (he improved Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling no end, no matter what anybody says) but he couldn't manage when things didn't quite work out.

He said multiple times before Mario signed that we didn't want him. Which bit is wrong? He got lumbered with a notorious fuckwit that managers like Jose also failed to manage. Its not a blame game, it was a project that was doomed to fail from the off. And I havent heard Rogers sucking his own cock about Suarez and co, no more than any other manager would. That's just nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom