• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pokémon Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
I really don't get what Klopp's trying to turn him into and the club has suffered. That extra bulk has taken away the nimbleness and speed he had running down the wing, and generally ran. This season I've seen him not bothering to chase a ball because with all that bulk he thinks he won't make it.

I'm hearing and reading that Jude will be given the chance of becoming the next Gerrard.1) How does the club make the next Gerrard 2) Wasn't Trent seen as the next Gerrard, and with less defensive responsibility he probably could evolve into one if he was playing in MF.

I don't think Klopp's trying to do anything different with him personally, our tactics were pretty evident for all to see under Klopp....he's always played the RB role but the license to stay high and wide when we'd dominate games and on the few occasions when we needed to defend everyone would quickly revert back to position except for Trent....as Hendo wouldv'e usually been in his spot to cover.

It's the risk we've always taken......as a team we can't function this way anymore but Klopp believes in the squad too much to change anything, we can't quickly make those adjustments when teams try to break on us, we simply lack the energy in a lot of areas on the pitch but moreso with Trent and Hendo.

A simple refresh in the energy tank is all that's needed for us to be effective again.

I don't think Klopp's trying to do anything different with him personally, our tactics were pretty evident for all to see under Klopp....he's always played the RB role but the license to stay high and wide when we'd dominate games and on the few occasions when we needed to defend everyone would quickly revert back to position except for Trent....as Hendo wouldv'e usually been in his spot to cover.

It's the risk we've always taken......as a team we can't function this way anymore but Klopp believes in the squad too much to change anything, we can't quickly make those adjustments when teams try to break on us, we simply lack the energy in a lot of areas on the pitch but moreso with Trent and Hendo.

A simple refresh in the energy tank is all that's needed for us to be effective again.
I bet you if looked the covered by Trent and compare it to past season he runs alot less and we concede far more, again with teams over loading on our Right.
When he didn't play in the FA Cup game we looked way more compact. He is a square peg in a round hole at the moment ie out of position.

I don't think he's as bulky as he was at the beginning of the season. That definitely had an impact. I think covid had a big impact on several players.

It actually made perfect sense to me, accidentally.

Because Ive been rewatching the original Pokemon series with my kid, and we just watched Pikachu slap the shit out his evolved form, Raichu, because the Raichu had been artificially evolved with a thunderstone, and hence never learned agility. While raichus attacks were more powerful, Pikachu ran rings around him.

Ahem. Neeeerdd.

Fuck you taking about... Never mind, you didn't make the title.
Fucks bluebell taking about
Idk Refugee I'm just offering a take on why the title could mean....maybe Trent when he had a crusty the clown type looking hairdo looked like one of the characters in Pokeman.

It actually made perfect sense to me, accidentally.

Because Ive been rewatching the original Pokemon series with my kid, and we just watched Pikachu slap the shit out his evolved form, Raichu, because the Raichu had been artificially evolved with a thunderstone, and hence never learned agility. While raichus attacks were more powerful, Pikachu ran rings around him.

Ahem. Neeeerdd.

I have a preference for the big powerful characters in smash Bros, my kids always play small quick ones. Generational gap aside, they murder me with regularity.

Pichu is especially obnoxious.

I’ve heard a lot about Trent wanting to pokeamom, is that the reference?

I remember when milfs felt like a kink, now it's just my wife's hottest friends, and any above average woman I see when I pick my kids up. It'd be kinkier to not fuck a mum at this point.

So does the Trent man have some off the field things distracting him you think? Seems like he's not as focused (it happens)

I don't get the point of this thread.
You don't think it's worth scrutinising Trent and his performance or even attitude?
He is part of a defence that has leaked in 25 goals, with opposition favouring to overload our Right and they've had great success.
If you were to look at how much distance he covers per game, it's fallen. He was our most creative player producing the most assists (in past seasons) , he only has 2 this season.
Now look at his attitude, its almost French.

What is his distance covered? How has Salah and Henderson dropped too? What about fabs?

What is his distance covered? How has Salah and Henderson dropped too? What about fabs?
You guys keep harping on about Salah but you cannot tell me who you'd get to replace him and fee we would have got.
Besides there are posts on Salah and Fabs.
You don't think he runs a lot less this season and has a face like he has been slapped with a wet fish

And I’m not a scout so wouldn’t even think about who to replace Salah. I wouldn’t have even picked him in the first place because I don’t watch every single game on the planet.

Is it really a physicality issue? I remember Rashford ripping him a new one several years ago, the last time we played them he was all over the place again, like there had been zero progress in however many years.

We've got the best out of his attacking play, but it's a travesty that he hasn't improved defensively. He's gone from being a poor defender who tried and was often found wanting, to a defender who just doesn't try to defend.

That Brighton goal last week was an abomination. He shouldn't be allowed near our defence again after that. But Klopp will play him again today and he'll have our backline at sixes and sevens and we'll get beat, and Klopp will just continue to overlook it.

Is it really a physicality issue? I remember Rashford ripping him a new one several years ago, the last time we played them he was all over the place again, like there had been zero progress in however many years.

We've got the best out of his attacking play, but it's a travesty that he hasn't improved defensively. He's gone from being a poor defender who tried and was often found wanting, to a defender who just doesn't try to defend.

That Brighton goal last week was an abomination. He shouldn't be allowed near our defence again after that. But Klopp will play him again today and he'll have our backline at sixes and sevens and we'll get beat, and Klopp will just continue to overlook it.

I don't think klopp will overlook it, as hes aware its an issues. I think its more stark this year solely down to everyone on that right side being shite. Yes, the brighton game was an hilariously bad low point in his defending, and he should be dropped. Issue is; for who? Gomez is just as bad positionally, Ramsay appears to either be a crock or has growing pains. The only real option is millie.

So it comes down to, we're getting rip at rb regardless; who do you want there for when we're on the offensive?

For me, this season should now be klopp working out what to do with trent. He's too special a talent to just cast aside. Do we go 3 at the back, with him at rwb, easing the defensive burden? Do we try the oft cited but barely tried midfield route?

If this team was a car crash, Trent is the biggest superficial wound. The midfield is the internal bleeding that will kill us.

I don't think klopp will overlook it, as hes aware its an issues. I think its more stark this year solely down to everyone on that right side being shite. Yes, the brighton game was an hilariously bad low point in his defending, and he should be dropped. Issue is; for who? Gomez is just as bad positionally, Ramsay appears to either be a crock or has growing pains. The only real option is millie.

So it comes down to, we're getting rip at rb regardless; who do you want there for when we're on the offensive?

For me, this season should now be klopp working out what to do with trent. He's too special a talent to just cast aside. Do we go 3 at the back, with him at rwb, easing the defensive burden? Do we try the oft cited but barely tried midfield route?

If this team was a car crash, Trent is the biggest superficial wound. The midfield is the internal bleeding that will kill us.

Millie is a better option against 60-70% of teams, in terms of defending. He's had his day, but he does the basics and supports the attack fairly well. He's far from the answer, and I agree about Gomez's failings, but between the two of them there's a short term fix there.

It seems illogical to me that we haven't shifted Trent this season. We're fucked in midfield, we have a few options at right back, it seems like we can sort two issues (at least temporarily) in one simple shift. Solidify the right side a bit and get the best from Trent, while taking the defensive burden off him.

Fix the front press and midfield solidarity then you’ll see Trent blossom once again.

Fix the front press and midfield solidarity then you’ll see Trent blossom once again.

Maybe, but there's still the risk that when asked to defend, he'll struggle. That's always going to be there and always was there. You get the best out of his attacking play and it takes some pressure off him, but teams will still target him and he'll still struggle.

I'm done with him as a defender, he's a joke when asked to defend and everything that every bellend said about him from opposition teams and at International level has rang true. He's an awful defender, while lesser more defensively able players are getting the nod over him as a result. I don't care about England, but his progression has suffered because of his flaws, had he progressed as an international it would have elevated him more as a player.

I’m fine with his flaws because that’s not what has prevented us having this period of success. The way I see it is “if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid”.

Defending isn’t his skill set but we’ve managed to utilise his skills to maximum effect. We just are not playing in a way to do that which magnifies his flaws even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom