• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pakistan England

tony

Huge challenge for England here losing the toss - you cannot afford to drop dollies like that. Bell has had more than his fair share of drops this season.
17 overs in and I think we will be lucky to get away with a draw here.

Bell only goes and does it again the dumbkopf !! Get him out the slips pdq has anyone seen two easier catches dropped!

Bell only goes and does it again the dumbkopf !! Get him out the slips pdq has anyone seen two easier catches dropped!

Get him out of the side altogether. His batting hasn't deserved a place for at least the last couple of years.

Pakistan missing Yasir Shah big time and the selectors messed it up by not having a backup spinner in the squad.

Pakistan missing Yasir Shah big time and the selectors messed it up by not having a backup spinner in the squad.

If Murali and Warne were bowling in tandem all day they probably wouldn't take a wicket on this deck

Absolutely. Having shipped a lot of (justified) criticism in his time, he deserves the kudos now for this tremendous effort.

Pakistan all out 173 with a 98 run lead, 20 overs left in the day but the light is fading. If England pull this off it would be the most impressive feat.

Ali and Buttler to open, the commentator reckon they'll get 10 overs in before the light becomes an issue.......#slogfest

To be honest we would do the same but we were sawn off by the Rashid review of Hafeez - how the third umpire didn't see the ball deflect by about 15 degrees as it passed the bat is a mystery. That cost us about 4 overs!
However, from 523 down on the first innings that was a magnificent performance to get into that position, and very pleased for Rashid. How much longer are we going to persevere with Buttler, he is totally crap keeping to the spinners, and hopelessly out of form. Bring in Taylor - a cracking player of spin - and give the gloves to Bairstow who is used to keeping to Rashid.

This is a better match and nicely poised, excellent work from England to winkle them out for less than 400. I think Bell has to be called in ,his time is up. Thanks for everything but it's time for JT in the next game. Buttler's keeping has been pretty sloppy to the spinners, he really needs to score big too

How good is Root going to be? What a cricketer.

He just seems so serene with so much time doesn't he. I really get pissed off with all the future captaincy talk, he should just be left to concentrate on his batting and I'm sure he will break records for England, he is that good. I guess Cook's resurgent form and improved captaincy has quelled that for now but all the same we cannot afford to rock the boat with him.

Have to say that our seamers have been fantastic so far in this series, I suppose having six bowlers helps a great deal in the conditions.

I watched him today and again was immensely impressed. So fluid in his action, his timing of the ball is superb. He picks the gaps out easily. The Pakistani's were spreading the field so he was all 'fuck this I'll just play singles' kept knocking it into the gaps for easy runs and then creaming the loose ball. Brilliant batsman - Without sounding too hyperbolic possibly one of the best technical batsman I've seen in the nearly 20 years I've been watching the game (for England). The last two years he has grown as a player. More sage souls tell me he's like Gower without the brain farts that often dampened his game. I don't know about that but whatever. He looks mint!

Great first hour for us. Wahab with a magnificent 9 over spell, may just have turned the match in our favor. Anything above 300 on this pitch might be too much for England especially if we get either of Cook or Root cheaply.

So now it all comes down to England batting 5 sessions to save the match. Cant see it happening.

So now it all comes down to England batting 5 sessions to save the match. Cant see it happening.

Didn't want to post incase it jinxed us. What a shame, great discipline from Rashid who nearly delivered mission unheard of ! Well done Pakistan, they deserved this one. Surely , surely that is it for Buttler, he might as well not bother being so hopelessly out of form. We must get Taylor in the next match too!

Back
Top Bottom