• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games November 27th - December 1st 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Southampton.

I don't know what the reason is, but it needs to be looked at doesn't it? 3 fans collapsing in the stadium within a couple of months. That's new.
Is it? What are the stats over say the last 10 years across all of Europe? Or is it just a case of jumping to conclusions. A football match seems to be one of the most likely scenarios for a heart attack !

Is it? What are the stats over say the last 10 years across all of Europe? Or is it just a case of jumping to conclusions. A football match seems to be one of the most likely scenarios for a heart attack !

I'd never seen the game stop for a fan having heart attack in the stands before. There's been 3 in the last couple of months. Footballers are dropping like flies too. Not saying it's vaccine/virus related, not saying it isn't, but it's definitely not normal.

People regularly die at the match. They just didn't used to stop the game. Fucking snowflakes. Harry Catterick, a former Everton manager died during the match a while back but they didn't stop the game. Why would you?

Catterick died of a heart attack shortly after watching Everton draw 2–2 with Ipswich Town in an FA Cup Sixth Round match at Goodison Park on 9 March 1985. He was 65 years old. His death came almost exactly five years after former Everton striker Dixie Dean had died while watching a game at the ground, also of a heart attack.

Probably both the vaccine

Manager is a bit different. They're under all sorts of stress. Though, I understand stopping the match is a new protocol. It is odd, though, that these heart attacks definitely seem to be increasing.

He wasn't manager at the time. Howard Kendall was.

The Blueshite had already taken its toll on him then, I guess.

I just think it needs looking into. Is it an increased phenomena? If so, why? These are questions society is becoming increasingly reluctant to ask. Is it just increased coverage?

People regularly die at the match. They just didn't used to stop the game. Fucking snowflakes. Harry Catterick, a former Everton manager died during the match a while back but they didn't stop the game. Why would you?
This is exactly what I was thinking. People have always had heart attacks at the game. Large crowd of people, with a large number in the most susceptible demographics, all getting a bit too excited. There must be dozens per year at matches around the country.

Speculation is pointless. Loads of people die at the footy because they get old, the tension of a big match gets your heart rate up, and a majority of people drink like fuck.

This is exactly what I was thinking. People have always had heart attacks at the game. Large crowd of people, with a large number in the most susceptible demographics, all getting a bit too excited. There must be dozens per year at matches around the country.

The best one was Fabrice Muamba. Technically dead, totally into Jesus, when he got asked if he saw heaven he said he didn't see shit. Just a total void.

Probably the vaccine

Speculation is pointless. Loads of people die at the footy because they get old, the tension of a big match gets your heart rate up, and a majority of people drink like fuck.

Yeah most likely. I'm just asking is it more than normal. And if so, why? We're seeing an increasing number of professional athletes collapsing, and that needs to be investigated too

As has been said loads of times both covid and the vaccine increase your chances of getting heart disease. Loads of people have had one or both, so heart disease stats will doubtless be up this year.

As has been said loads of times both covid and the vaccine increase your chances of getting heart disease. Loads of people have had one or both, so heart disease stats will doubtless be up this year.

Yeah, maybe. I don't necessarily believe it's the case with the footballers dropping though.

Careful, though, saying the vaccine causes heart disease will get you thrown in the gulag

Might also be the focus that followed the Christian Eriksen incident at the Euros, and the fact that every ground has medical personnel standby and defibrillators.

There has certainly been a shift in the attention to what happens in the stands. Yesterday the Wolves goalkeeper stopped the match to get medical assistance from the Wolves and Burnley personnel because a woman behind the goal got hit in the face with a football from a header.

I thought everyone accepted the the vaccine increased your chances of heart disease, but it also decreases your chance of dying by a shitload more so it's a calculated risk?

I think these people who get the fear of getting vaccinated are weird as fuck. It makes you ten times less likely to die of a horrible disease, but yeah it might make your heart pop. It's an incredibly low risk though.

I'm not sure why loads more footy players are dying. Probs loads had covid, loads got the vax, loads are juicing up, they're playing loads more than they used to. Mo Salah would probs win the hundred metre dash at the Olympics. They didn't used to be at this level 365 days a year.

With footballers you'd think PEDs could play a part or even if they are doing everything by the book the sheer amount of games played and increased levels of fitness required (and lots of travel at the top end of football) can't be good for the heart in the long run.

I thought everyone accepted the the vaccine increased your chances of heart disease, but it also decreases your chance of dying by a shitload more so it's a calculated risk?

I think these people who get the fear of getting vaccinated are weird as fuck. It makes you ten times less likely to die of a horrible disease, but yeah it might make your heart pop. It's an incredibly low risk though.

I'm not sure why loads more footy players are dying. Probs loads had covid, loads got the vax, loads are juicing up, they're playing loads more than they used to. Mo Salah would probs win the hundred metre dash at the Olympics. They didn't used to be at this level 365 days a year.

Well, I haven't been vaccinated because all the data shows that someone my age, weight, health demographic etc has a tiny, tiny, tiny risk of suffering from the disease. And I'm waiting on more data, info about the vaccine. Also, I don't particularly agree with the coercing of people to be injected with something. Though, I don't particularly think the vaccine is causing people to drop dead. If you're vulnerable, or you want it, get it. Sound. Obviously there's nutters that believe it's full of microchips and tracking devices etc.

Agree with the second part, and I've said as much elsewhere. The footballers dying thing has been going on since before Covid.

Why should coercing people to have the vaccine be regarded differently from coercing people (for example) to wear seatbelts or coercing them not to drink and drive? We all accept those and numerous other limitations on our personal freedoms when exercising those freedoms poses a direct threat to others.

Well, I haven't been vaccinated because all the data shows that someone my age, weight, health demographic etc has a tiny, tiny, tiny risk of suffering from the disease. And I'm waiting on more data, info about the vaccine. Also, I don't particularly agree with the coercing of people to be injected with something. Though, I don't particularly think the vaccine is causing people to drop dead. If you're vulnerable, or you want it, get it. Sound. Obviously there's nutters that believe it's full of microchips and tracking devices etc.

Agree with the second part, and I've said as much elsewhere. The footballers dying thing has been going on since before Covid.

Isnt that very individual though? How you respond to the virus and you can get sick as fuck even though you are that age, weight, health demographic etc.
I think its up to each and their own if they want the vaccine or not, but it just seems a very needless chance to take.
Long Covid seems like a fucking bitch and could alter your life for a very long time.

Why should coercing people to have the vaccine be regarded differently from coercing people (for example) to wear seatbelts or coercing them not to drink and drive? We all accept those and numerous other limitations on our personal freedoms when exercising those freedoms poses a direct threat to others.

Well, for one, we don't know the effects of the vaccine on the body. At best, there are conflicting reports and it's still early days. I don't believe the risk is worth it for what we would be giving up on personal autonomy and liberty. Then we take into account the pasts of the companies pushing the vaccine. It's not so cut and dried. We don't enforce flu vaccines on people and ostracize those that don't take it, but that kills 10s of thousands a year in this country. Where do we draw the line? I think if there was more a drive on eating and living healthier then we would be in a much better place. Outlawing drink driving is common sense, and I don't really see it as comparable. Seatbelt isn't quite as an egregious infringement as forcibly injecting someone with a load of chemicals they most likely don't need and tracking their every movement. There should be some sacrifices, but this is too far for me. And again, I don't fault anyone that wants to take it. We should have freedom to choose. Especially since there's conflicting data on stopping the spread, long term side effects etc. The real way to combat this is a healthier lifestyle. But there's no money or power to be gained in that so...

Isnt that very individual though? How you respond to the virus and you can get sick as fuck even though you are that age, weight, health demographic etc.
I think its up to each and their own if they want the vaccine or not, but it just seems a very needless chance to take.
Long Covid seems like a fucking bitch and could alter your life for a very long time.

I agree with you basically. Though where I differ is perhaps your calculation of the risk. I'm not worried at all if I catch it. I might be wrong. The vast majority of people around me that have tested positive for it didn't even know they had it. The others had cold-like symptoms for a few days. All this before the vaccine. Nearly 80% of hospitalisations are obese. The vast majority that suffer have underlying health conditions and are old. It could affect me, but all the data shows there's not much risk.

I could get hit by a bus, I could catch a random stray bullet walking to work (actually happened to someone I know!) There's risk in everything. It's just not something I worry about.

The only area I could be swayed is spreading it to others. If they could guarantee there was a vaccine that stops the spread, I'd be much more likely to get it. I probably would in fact. But it's just where I stand in principle. I don't think we should be forcing people to get injected, nor demonising people that don't want to be

Years ago, when I stood on the Kop, there would regularly be people collapsing each season. They would just get lifted up & passed down the terrace to a couple of medics (ball boys with a stretcher) waiting at the bottom to cart them off

Years ago, when I stood on the Kop, there would regularly be people collapsing each season. They would just get lifted up & passed down the terrace to a couple of medics (ball boys with a stretcher) waiting at the bottom to cart them off

Fair enough. Must just be wider coverage of it now

Well it's all a matter of degrees and percentages ain't it. You wouldn't gripe with making a polio or smallpox vaccine mandatory.
Personally, I choose to follow the broad consensus of the medical community, which seems to be that there is a drastic reduction in the likelihood of serious illness, and a not insignificant reduction in the chance of getting infected / infecting others.

There is also the other matter which is that you get seriously ill from Covid, it does have an impact on others because it is a drain on the nation's health resources (whichever nation you are from)

To be fair polio and smallpox had far higher fatality rates than COVID does. I would think getting vaccinated with stop you spreading COVID to seem degree but it can't be to any great degree. We have only 90% of over 12s vaccinated in Ireland but massive case numbers. You can argue that unvaccinated people take up more hospital space than they should but the same surely goes for obese people, smokers, heavy drinkers etc. all due to choices they made, but they are not being demonised in the same way. I'm fully vaccinated, glad to get it but the general attack on unvaccinated people by those power is a total distraction tactic to obscure the absolute mess they've made of COVID in the first place.

It is a bit unfortunate that the debate over vaccine seems to have taken on a larger significance than it should.
It's just a proxy for everything else the two tribes hate about each other.

Because not taking the experimental medical treatment (it's not a vaccine by any definition pre-2021) does not pose a direct threat to others.

Yes, people have different opinions.

(And don't get me started on seatbelts ... ).

Because not taking the experimental medical treatment (it's not a vaccine by any definition pre-2021) does not pose a direct threat to others.

Yes, people have different opinions.

(And don't get me started on seatbelts ... ).
Well clearly it is... and it does. Stating the opposite doesn't make it true, it just sounds uneducated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom