• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non-LFC Transfer Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the point City should be looking at replacing some of those players because they have already started to decline. They finished 18 points lower this season. Its not just age obviously there are other elements like fatigue which we also appear to have, and tactical stagnation.

La Liga is played at a slower pace so these issues will not be as obvious until players are older. Which is why Barca managed to be successful until recently.

Our plan for this season seems to be to try and wring one more season out of this team and hope City are declining faster than we are. It could work, but it seems an unnecessary gamble when one or two high quality players would make us heavy favourites to retain the league.

Again - hardly anyone is over 30 - how are we wringing one more season out of this group of players?

I don’t think our plan has anything to do with City declining or not declining.

The strategy for years has been to sign up our top players on long term contracts on top wages - which make it hard for other teams to offer a better deal - we’ve signed Salah, Mane & Van Dijk up to £200k+ a week deals tying them to the club for the next 3-5 years

We’re not going to go out and sign players for those positions for £50m+ and massive wages to sit on the bench.

I’m all for signing someone to add more creativity to midfield - but we probably do need to sell someone or at the very least make some room by loaning out one or more of the younger players.

I don’t think the sky will fall in if we don’t sign anyone - but that’ll all depend if Jones, Brewster, Keita, Shaqiri & Minamino can contribute more thus season than in past.

Is that because Capoue did the donkey work or because he's so shit that by comparison Doucoure looked like Viera ?

Looks a done deal now, widely reported hes agreed terms with them. How on earth can they manage that wage bill within FFP regulations.

The Man City way - agree a fine for a minor infringement, hide the real extent of your FFP cheating for long enough that it’s too late to be brought to account - and just to be safe - appointment 2 out of the 3 people who will decide whether you should be ultimately held accountable.

Just admit it, pay a fine and have 21 player squad for the champions league rather than 22. It seems worth it.

Great instincts in the box that lad. And good finishing, dribbling. Also a bit fearless.

Looks really good with pace, strength for his age, and some great finishing. Defenders will hate him.

I will put him straight into my FPL team if Leeds get him - I have a cheap Bamford at the moment.

I saw a stat earlier... in the last 4 transfer windows, we've spent about a third of what Leeds United have spent... in THIS transfer window.

I'm not advocating going out and splashing Man City money on players, but, you know, some investment in the squad would be nice.

Since this thread is really about LFC net spend, I have to say that I really love seeing players like Jones, Elliott, Williams and TAA, before them coming through.

I do think Thiago would be a great, good value replacement for Gini or Ox and can cover loads of positions. I love the potential impact of low cost Minamino, who has about the same lack of pace as Firmino and Coutinho.

Sarr really would icing on the cake, as I see an upside similar to Mané and Salah based on their value when purchased. Fabs fits this well too.

It is immensely more enjoyable for me to this type of squad development over purchasing know superstars or or supposed guaranteed superstars.

Obvious exceptions were VVD and Alison, but even then they were probably under-valued with impact above and beyond expectations, because they had not played at a “big club” before.

I like our approach even when my patience is fully tested, like now.

Fewer and fewer options for Origi remaining. Clubs willing to pay £20M+ for a striker are choosing other targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom