• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL - Offseason, Draft & 2017/18 Season

well, that would be the AFC championship, and then you'd route for the Cowboys to smash the Ravens
Nope.
Cowboys 1st
Patriots 2nd
Baltimore 3rd
Cincinnati 4th

The order I least want teams to win.

Cowboys are in the Superbowl I'm rooting for the other guy. Period

Always good to see the Pats lose. Every Brit who supports the Pats reminds me of everyone I went to school with who supported United. Jog on.

And on queue Eagles fans are burning the city to the ground.

My favorite story, somebody apparently stole all the manhole covers from a street in Philadelphia and people were walking around stepping in sewers last night, what an adult way to celebrate a victory, stay classy Eagles.

As a former resident of the city of brotherly love, the Eagles are my team.

I'm not going to get into the debate over their fans and the hatred towards them.

That game was a superb advert for the NFL. Plucky 40/1 underdog at start of season takes on a dynasty and the best QB of all time. From the moment Wentz tore his acl, most people wrote off the Eagles chances.

Brady posted record pass numbers for a Super Bowl, a 500 yard game. That's an incredible stat. Even more incredible that his team lost posting those numbers. Here's the rub, it's because he had to post those numbers that shows why the Eagles won. Well partly. Foles posted a 300yd game which are also great numbers. But we also had a viable running game. We had options all over the offence. Ajayi's tired? Let's use Blount. Or Clement. Jeffrey is tagged by Phillmore? Go to Agholar or Burton or Foles ;-)

As the 4th quarter rolled, I had that feeling of inevitability that Brady would do what Brady does. He didn't. The rest is history, well as far as Eagles fans are concerned it is. Haters gonna hate and all that. I don't care, my team won its first super bowl against the best team of its era. Gutsy play calling and a team that was greater than the sum of its parts did what many said couldn't be done.

Fly Eagles Fly!

Eagles win. Very aggressive play calling from Doug Pederson.
Not just in the Super Bowl either.

When Foles took over from Wentz as starter after the win against Rams, he eased Foles in. They said Foles wasn't Wentz, they were right. Wentz has the potential to be one of the greats. But Foles was steady, calm and dependable.

They said Foles couldn't throw the long ball. So he threw 3TDs >40 yards in the championship game including a flea flicker play.

They said Foles v Brady was a mismatch. Yes, it was as Foles is no Brady. But it wasn't Foles v Brady it was Eagles v Pats. The first play call of the super bowl screamed out to be a run to settle him in. Nope, Pederson calls a short inside pass route and he makes it, and he settles.

The play at 4th and goal at the end of first half was pure guts. Some suggested if it failed, it would cost the game. To call that play at that point, showed the confidence he had in his team and his QB to execute.

I've watched the highlights back a few times, you know what, Foles never even got excited at any point. He was emotionless and almost quietly psychotic as he got the job done.

In the 4th Q at 4th & 1, as the Pats were hitting top gear on offence, Foles made the game. He was pressured, he scrambled, he found his receiver for a 1st down. Nothing flashy, just got the job done. Yeah the sack fumble on Brady will be seen as the key play that turned / won the game for Philly. But that 4th & 1 was the epitome of what Nick Foles has been for the Eagles. The quiet, calm hero.

Yeah the fans hold few friends around the NFL, but that city has waited a long time and endured mediocrity pretty much since the Super Bowl era began.

They earned the other night on merit. They posted the best season record. They beat last years runners up in the play offs. They destroyed the highly fancied Vikings in the Championship game, then beat the Pats. Maybe not the Pats of previous years, but they've been there and done that many times and they had Brady. I'll hold the memories of this triumph for the rest of my life.

Next season will be tough. But that can wait for now. Plus the NFL champions are coming to England, on my birthday. I'm made up. Does it show?

I need someone to give me a basics guide to this shit.

I want to like it because it's colourful

I need someone to give me a basics guide to this shit.

I want to like it because it's colourful
Sit down on any given Sunday and watch from the opening credits and text me as you go. I'll explain everything.
I got my pal Mark into NFL this year by doing exactly this.

Pick a team. For whatever reason suits and that will be half the battle.

Don't pick the Patriots or the Cowboys because that would make you a thunderous cunt.

Don't pick the Browns or that will be a lifetime of misery.

I'd recommend picking a team you don't know anyone who supports as it makes it deeply personal. Most NFL fans in the UK just LOVE any NFL fans because we don't meet many very often and weirdly you will never (it seems) meet two people who support the same teams. I know quite a few NFL fans but none of them support the same team (John Eagles, Mark Falcons, Jamie Bills, Alan Raiders etc etc) and that's one of the cool things about it.
When they have the games at Wembley on the trains it's just a complete kaleidoscope of colours with only the Patriots, Cowboys and Seahawks fans you see a few of.

Right now Sky have all of the 'Americas Game' series on demand. Watch some of those. They are lush stories and really well put together. Helps you with a bit of history.

Rules are easy to pick up. I'll help.

Pick a team first.

Sit down on any given Sunday and watch from the opening credits and text me as you go. I'll explain everything.
I got my pal Mark into NFL this year by doing exactly this.

Pick a team. For whatever reason suits and that will be half the battle.

Don't pick the Patriots or the Cowboys because that would make you a thunderous cunt.

Don't pick the Browns or that will be a lifetime of misery.

I'd recommend picking a team you don't know anyone who supports as it makes it deeply personal. Most NFL fans in the UK just LOVE any NFL fans because we don't meet many very often and weirdly you will never (it seems) meet two people who support the same teams. I know quite a few NFL fans but none of them support the same team (John Eagles, Mark Falcons, Jamie Bills, Alan Raiders etc etc) and that's one of the cool things about it.
When they have the games at Wembley on the trains it's just a complete kaleidoscope of colours with only the Patriots, Cowboys and Seahawks fans you see a few of.

Right now Sky have all of the 'Americas Game' series on demand. Watch some of those. They are lush stories and really well put together. Helps you with a bit of history.

Rules are easy to pick up. I'll help.

Pick a team first.
I will look for the most interesting look crest

I'm confused by the existence of of the Cincinnati Bengals.

They seem fucking weird.

The search continues

A quiz said I should support the cowboys, but no

The vikings. Why not.

Plus obviously I don't know a Vikings fan so that is perfect for me.

I am a Cowboys fan and I'm not a thunderous cunt because Andy likes me.

You are a Cowboys fan - you love long suffering teams who's fans think we can still be great and always have one great year every 7-8 and their hopes get destroyed by something shit.

You are a Cowboys fan - you love long suffering teams who's fans think we can still be great and always have one great year every 7-8 and their hopes get destroyed by something shit.
I've already got one bellend club like that, I don't need a second

GO VIKINGS

I've already got one bellend club like that, I don't need a second

GO VIKINGS
I can't believe I didn't get to you first...change to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Watch the clip I put on my FB today. Then tell me you've changed your mind.

I can't believe I didn't get to you first...change to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Watch the clip I put on my FB today. Then tell me you've changed your mind.
Whilst I massively appreciate Foles because he's a boss, and the general underdog vibe... I can't go straight to supporting Superbowl winners. That'd make me no better than no good Pats fan's !......right?

What you fail to mention is that the Cowboys are Americas self appointed team. In other words, the Man Utd of the NFL.

They also really hate the Eagles. So it's like Liverpool v Man U but in the US. Plus everybody hates the Eagles apparently.

Whilst I massively appreciate Foles because he's a boss, and the general underdog vibe... I can't go straight to supporting Superbowl winners. That'd make me no better than no good Pats fan's !......right?
It's fine, I'll have your back.

Foles was like an iceman. Unbelievable performances in both the NFC championship game (beating Vikings) and the Super Bowl.

Eagles have no superstars. They're a team not galacticos.

Correct.

Vikings is a good shout.

Wonderful

Now i've been reading the rules. The 2 things I don't get are 1) safety's and 2) downs

Re: 2) i get the drives and downs, but I saw spin mentioning "4th and 1" earlier. What? Is that the 4th quarter 1st down, or something else

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom