• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Playoffs

Cavs vs Warriors in the final.

Lebron vs Curry

Kyrie vs Klay

I don't see how the Cavs can keep up with the Warriors.

Think 4-2 Warriors, but hope for 4-3 Cavs

They were a let down, a huge let down.

And I see nobody for Golden St. who can check Lebron. I say Cavs in 6.

I've always thought Klay is very over rated. He is a jump shooter that can't really create his own shot. He is totally dependent on other to create space for him. If Cleveland gets back in transition and limits turnovers, he could be rendered useless in the series.

I love this set. I think we saw it two or three times in the Rockets series.

and they run it off an inbounds pass as well:

Pass, reverse, screen, slip, "DLH!!!", screen... "fuck!"

Game 1 to GS.

Cavs had it in LeBron's hands in regulation too. Can't believe he opted for the fade away jumper when he could have attacked the rim.

Now they're down 1 zip and Irving's gone. Big climb back from here.

Good start to the series. Hopefully Irving won't be out of this series because it's going to take a lot of shine off these finals if he's gone. The Warriors' depth is just amazing and the gulf in the quality and reliability of both benches is clear to see. Looks like the Warriors are just going to play Lebron straight up, let him work and score his 30 or 40 a night but try and deny the rest, and then let Lebron settle for long jumpers towards the end as he tires. I thought Mozgov played well for the Cavs, but Iguodala and Speights really juiced the Warriors off the bench.

Cavs should really be up 2-0 ... they almost blew it last night, and this time, pulled it out with Dalledova playing PHENOMENAL defense on Curry.

I've never viewed LeBron as a player who can compete with Jordan in the GOAT discussion ... but if they pull this out, I think I may change my tune. Golden State are a deep, talented team - the best in the league and he is taking a team minus the top 2 side kicks in Love and Irving and kicking ass.

1-1 and back to Cleveland.

Delly can defend for real.

You could see how frustrated Curry was getting. They'll persist with Delly on him now, so it's up to Thompson and Igoudala to put up some points in his absence.

Lebron is phenomenal.

Fucking media is giving Delladova no credit for his defense either.

Lebron's staminaor lack thereof could be the deciding factor in this series. He has missed a grand total of 10 minutes in the first 2 games. He has got to be gassed.

Fucking media is giving Delladova no credit for his defense either.

Lebron's staminaor lack thereof could be the deciding factor in this series. He has missed a grand total of 10 minutes in the first 2 games. He has got to be gassed.

I dunno - from the media I've been reading, I think Delly has been getting quite a lot of credit for the work he did on Curry. The ones not getting the kudos are Tristan Thompson and Mozgov. Together with Lebron, they killed the Warriors bigs on rebounds in Games 1 and 2, and it's happening again now in Game 3 as we speak.

Thompson is eating up balls carroming off the board / rim on the offensive end like Pac-man gobbling dots, and Mozgov's presence in the middle has been altering quite a number of shots inside.

What a 4th quarter, what a game, what a series. Delly comes up huge. Dude's the only bloke to come off the court with grass stains on his knees.

And ignoring all the MJ comparisons for a second, I think it's fair to say that if LeBron leads this team - minus Kyrie and Love - to a title it'll be one of the greatest sporting achievements ever.

I can't stand the pompous twat, but he is truly a great.

If you're a Cavs fan, you've got to be a bit concerned about how the team nearly blew a big lead in the finals in the 4th. If you're a Warriors fan though, you're probably hoping that Kerr will play Lee more in the pivotal Game 4 - maybe even start him and Iguodala over Barnes and Bogut. Lee looked like the only one who could set a proper pick for Curry and had the hands and passing ability to roll off and use the return ball effectively.

If you're a Cavs fan, you've got to be a bit concerned about how the team nearly blew a big lead in the finals in the 4th. If you're a Warriors fan though, you're probably hoping that Kerr will play Lee more in the pivotal Game 4 - maybe even start him and Iguodala over Barnes and Bogut. Lee looked like the only one who could set a proper pick for Curry and had the hands and passing ability to roll off and use the return ball effectively.

I reckon that's 4th quarter fatigue that's to be expected to be fair. They're effectively playing with 2 guys right now, so it's not surprising that they can't sustain that heat for 4 quarters.

I reckon that's 4th quarter fatigue that's to be expected to be fair. They're effectively playing with 2 guys right now, so it's not surprising that they can't sustain that heat for 4 quarters.

Yes, I suppose that's part of it, but I think Warriors actually might've showed in that Q4 a possible solution to the Della problem as well by using Lee to set the high picks for Curry. Thompson ended up matched against Curry and Della against Lee several times in that quarter, which is what the Warriors would love - no question who won that matchup there.

You can see highlights for Q4 again here:

I'm surprised the Warriors haven't tried to run Della through more screens though to help Curry shake him, or even just to wear Della down. He's the Cav's trump card right now, and if the Warriors can wear him down more over the course of a game, they'll have a good chance to neutralize or at least reduce the influence he's had on this series.

I have to say again that Tristan Thompson is really coming up big in this series with his offensive rebounding. He's taking rebounds from the Warriors' bigs like a man swiping candy from kids. Bogut has been a huge disappointment this series for the Warriors, and Ezeli seems to have small hands for a big man as he struggles to hold onto a rebound.

Hat-tip to these Cavs - they're playing with more heart and a lot more aggression right now and deserve to have the series lead.

I'd like to see Kerr go with the Splash Bros, Iguodala, Lee and Ezeli to start Game 4. Use Green's energy to spark them off the bench and rotate with Iguodala on James. Give the Cavs a different matchup to ponder from the start.

I haven't watched any of the games due to the time zone so appreciating the write ups here.

GS up 12 midway through the 2nd. Cavs can't buy a 3 at this stage. And you can just tell the niggle and verbals between Delly and the entire GS line-up are going to turn into something major at some stage.

GS up 12 midway through the 2nd. Cavs can't buy a 3 at this stage. And you can just tell the niggle and verbals between Delly and the entire GS line-up are going to turn into something major at some stage.

The Warriors are a rather mild-mannered bunch, so I don't know if that will happen. If there's an incident though, it's probably going to involve Green. There was an incident in Game 3 where it looked like Della took Green from behind the knees after a pick, so there's probably some bad blood there now. Green has been stinking up this series, so the Cavs will be smart to nip things in the bud at the first signs of trouble.

Green and Bogut getting into foul trouble is opening the world up for Mozgov here. He can just crash the boards at will.

There are 9 guys and LeBron on the floor. This thing comes down (again) to whether he wins this on his own or not.

And this thing's going to game 5 tied at 2-2.

Still all square, but you get the feeling this is GS' series to lose now.

Back
Top Bottom