• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Offseason and 2019/20

Looking that way. Lakers were coasting all game yesterday. Built a brick house of missed shots and still won.

Miami just took game 3, Jimmy Buckets with a 40 point triple-double, incredible effort tonight.

We got a chance for a series now. :D

I dont watch a lot of basketball the last few years but I am glad I watched today's game. Jimmy Butler gave a performance for the ages.

Miami just took an outstanding game 5, both Butler and Lebron had great games especially in the last 2 minutes, both making great plays.

Heat also had a big game from some guy called Duncan Robinson

Also Unibrow was limping up and down the floor the last minute or so, I'm sure he'll be fine for game 6 though.

I'll allow the Lakers the title this one year, for Kobe.

Starting next year and beyond, they are done.

Yeah, you're right.

Only thing I can recall is the team wearing the Mamba jerseys for game 5, which they lost.

Going through the ratings now - seems like ratings were historically poor for the Finals - which makes sense why the NBA and China made up.

Larry & Magic made the NBA popular again as it was in the dumpster when they came out of college.
Mike took it to the highest levels it would reach (his last NBA finals wast he highest rated finals of all time).
With the NBA in its worst state in a long long time, I bet we see a lot of changes next year ...

Going through the ratings now - seems like ratings were historically poor for the Finals - which makes sense why the NBA and China made up.

Larry & Magic made the NBA popular again as it was in the dumpster when they came out of college.
Mike took it to the highest levels it would reach (his last NBA finals wast he highest rated finals of all time).
With the NBA in its worst state in a long long time, I bet we see a lot of changes next year ...

Yeah, but who knows how much of the ratings were due to the pandemic and all.

Even I had a hard time watching the playoffs regularly until the conference finals, and I watch every year as a matter of course. The time of year, having no fans, just made it all strange.

Next season, with players coming back from injury, there could be parity the likes of which the league has never seen. At least 3 teams per conference that can realistically go to the finals.

Yeah, but who knows how much of the ratings were due to the pandemic and all.

Even I had a hard time watching the playoffs regularly until the conference finals, and I watch every year as a matter of course. The time of year, having no fans, just made it all strange.

Next season, with players coming back from injury, there could be parity the likes of which the league has never seen. At least 3 teams per conference that can realistically go to the finals.

Just checked other ratings when the final games were on ...NFL regular season footy did better, as did regular TV series shows... this isnt pandemic driven it seems.

Thoughts on adam silver's interview on espn?

NBA could be great next year, assuming fans can get to stadiums (who knows) and the playoff ratings were just due to reality as you say. Gsw should be good, Lakers again, clips for sure, Denver and hopefully the mavs. Probably Giannis's last year with the bucks ... interesting to see too if doc can unlock Embiid and Simmons...

Just checked other ratings when the final games were on ...NFL regular season footy did better, as did regular TV series shows... this isnt pandemic driven it seems.

Thoughts on adam silver's interview on espn?

NBA could be great next year, assuming fans can get to stadiums (who knows) and the playoff ratings were just due to reality as you say. Gsw should be good, Lakers again, clips for sure, Denver and hopefully the mavs. Probably Giannis's last year with the bucks ... interesting to see too if doc can unlock Embiid and Simmons...

Probably many factors as to why the ratings are down. Typically, the NBA playoffs does not compete with the NFL regular season for TV ratings. Plus the Heat making the Finals was the worst thing that could have happened from the NBA's perspective, no superstar to hype up.

Also, I remember reading that ratings are generally down for everything, not just the NBA. Even the NFL games are down from what they usually are.

I've not seen Silver's interview yet, something for me to do today maybe.

And next year should be very interesting. In the West, the Lakers, Clippers and Warriors are probably the top 3, assuming health and what not. But as you mention Dallas, Denver, plus Portland are all very good, and could give issue to any team they play in the early rounds. Not to mention the Rockets, plus New Orleans with Zion and I'd like to think the Spurs will challenge at least for a playoff spot.

In the East, Milwaukee, Boston, Miami and Brooklyn are probably the best of the lot. That being said the Sixers with Doc and the Raptors will all be tough outs.

Probably many factors as to why the ratings are down. Typically, the NBA playoffs does not compete with the NFL regular season for TV ratings. Plus the Heat making the Finals was the worst thing that could have happened from the NBA's perspective, no superstar to hype up.

Also, I remember reading that ratings are generally down for everything, not just the NBA. Even the NFL games are down from what they usually are.

Good point re: Superstar/Miami though I think there was also a struggle last year (Canadian team and all) compared to LeBron/Warrior series.

Back
Top Bottom