• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Offseason and 2019/20

Reports that they're also going to go after Kemba Walker in free agency. AD/Lebron/Kemba is a top class trio, provided of course Lebron doesn't suddenly fall off the cliff.

They would still need a lot of depth because they've practically gutted the roster. Also, AD has always been injury prone.

I think if Klay comes back before the playoffs, GSW are still the favourites in the West.

@dmishra - two Qs

1) You think the Mavericks can surprise this year if the Unicorn is healthy?
2) New Orleans may be very dangerous - Zion & one of the two other Duke studs (For their sake, I hope RJ Barrett) .. and a great defensive back court in Holiday and Ball. They could be good.

The West is going to be competitive to the bottom as usual. The East has become so much better, but it's still top heavy.

So I don't see much chance of the playoffs for either the Mavs, the Pels or my Suns.

Lakers make the playoffs this year for sure. Utah just got really good with the addition of Conley. If the Clippers get Kawhi, then that's them up there as well.

Really tough battle for top 8.

The West is going to be competitive to the bottom as usual. The East has become so much better, but it's still top heavy.

So I don't see much chance of the playoffs for either the Mavs, the Pels or my Suns.

Lakers make the playoffs this year for sure. Utah just got really good with the addition of Conley. If the Clippers get Kawhi, then that's them up there as well.

Really tough battle for top 8.

Can you at least try some optimism for our teams? Please?

Oh I mostly completely despondent about the Suns' chances.

Compounded recently by a very strange draft night.

Strong rumors of KD and Irving to Brooklyn. If Kawhi does not join the Lakers, we might have a competetive NBA season.

FA highlights so far:

- KD (4/164), Kyrie (4/141) and DeAndre Jordan (4/40) sign for the Nets.
- Kemba Walker to Boston for 4/141
- D'Angelo Russell (4/117) being S/T-ed to the Warriors in exchange for KD
- Jimmy Butler S/T-ed to Miami for Josh Richardson. Dallas involved too - they get Kelly Olynyk.
- Tobias Harris 5/180 max to Philly
- Horford to Philly for 4/97
- Brogdon to Indiana for 4/85
- KP re-signs in Dallas for 5/158

Kawhi the only major piece now left. If he goes to LA, the league is broken again. AD, Lebron, Kawhi might be the strongest super team ever.

If he stays in Toronto, the NBA has more parity than in about a decade. Two extremely well balanced conferences with no clear cut favourites.

Kawhi the only major piece now left. If he goes to LA, the league is broken again. AD, Lebron, Kawhi might be the strongest super team ever.

If he stays in Toronto, the NBA has more parity than in about a decade. Two extremely well balanced conferences with no clear cut favourites.

I think it's 50/50 between LAC & Toronto - something tells me he's not a 'Super Team' kind of guy, he wants to be 'the guy' ...

What's happening in Dallas? They've pulled out of the Miami trade now I believe.

From what I understand, the Miami trade was about Dragic ... which sucks that they pulled out of it as it would have been a really good piece ...
I was expecting Horford if I'm honest - but the team should be better than last year if KP is healthy ...
I am hoping for a 40+ win season and then add a FA next year to help them further build the European nucleus.

Kawhi to Clippers!

And wait for it, Paul George traded to the Clippers for Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Galinari and FOUR unprotected first round picks.

That's a Godfather offer. Clips going all in to create the new dynasty.

I guess Westbrook will want to be traded soon now.

I think Clippers gave up 5 (!!!) picks, not 4!
Looks like Westbrook will be gone within a year ... but where exactly, I don't know.

Clippers have to be favourites for the title. Two MVP candidates surrounded by some outstanding role players.

Westbrook traded to the Rockets for Chris Paul and picks.

The fuck? Terrible trade for both teams.

Westbrook traded to the Rockets for Chris Paul and picks.

The fuck? Terrible trade for both teams.

I think it's good for the Thunder - they'll move him on to the Heat or somewhere in a salary dump move and start a proper rebuilding.

As for the Rockets ... very very curious to see how that works.

Zion is resting with knee trouble at the moment.

Is anyone following the NBA and China drama ?

Lebron's halo is slipping as a result. Now it turns out he was looking for Morey to be punished for his tweet.

Silver opened the floor. James raised his hand.

His question was related to Morey -- and the commissioner's handling of the Rockets' GM. James, to paraphrase, told Silver that he knew that if a player caused the same type of uproar with something he said or tweeted, the player wouldn't be able to skate on it. There would be some type of repercussion. So, James wanted to know, what was Silver going to do about it in Morey's case?

Silver pushed back, reminding the players that the league never doled out discipline when they publicly criticized President Donald Trump. Morey was exercising the same liberty when he challenged China. Regardless of the financial fallout of one versus the other, that's not what should matter. Silver might have disliked the ramifications of Morey's tweet, but he would defend the right to say it.

But James wasn't finished.

"I never speak for just me, things that just benefit me. I try to be educated as much as I can and speak from a pure heart of how can I protect not only me, but protect the players as well in that situation."

This is the same LeBron James who tweeted this:

This year's NBA is fun again!

Much much greater parity across the league. Difficult to pick a favourite at the moment. Champions could be any of the Bucks, Sixers, Raptors, Clippers or Nuggets. Maybe a couple of other teams join that group as well.

Meanwhile, the Warriors look like a lottery team. Curry has broken his wrist, and it really does look like the Dubs will finish with a losing record this year.

Oh, and of course, both my Suns and LTW's Mavs look like competitive young teams with a possible playoff chance. Good times again!

Big like for Warriors finally being shite. Let's see what a great coach Kerr is now ... ;-)

Yup, Suns and Mavs look very exciting ... Doncic and KP look like a great tandem already.

Curry broke his left hand, no timetable yet for his return. Poor babies.

Now we are going to see more and more how average Draymond Green is, he may throw up some bullshit triple-doubles, but they are not going to win much.

In other news Spurs play Clippers tonight.

Back
Top Bottom