• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2016/17

Wade to the Bulls = Jimmy Butler trade ?

Wade surely isn't joining as a sixth man

Didn't they sign Rondo too ?

So it'll be:
Rondo - Wade - Butler - Mirotic/Gibson - Lopez

Rondo, Wade and Butler all play inside the paint. Neither Rondo or Wade have a 3 point shot. Butler can hit them, but isn't a fan of them. There will be zero spacing on that team.

Maybe Thibs gets Butler

Didn't they sign Rondo too ?

So it'll be:
Rondo - Wade - Butler - Mirotic/Gibson - Lopez

Rondo, Wade and Butler all play inside the paint. Neither Rondo or Wade have a 3 point shot. Butler can hit them, but isn't a fan of them. There will be zero spacing on that team.

Maybe Thibs gets Butler

Forgot about Rondo! Yah, so wade @ 2 and Butler @ 3.

That's not a bad team at all - Rondo is a pass first guard, so he'll ensure Wade and Butler get enough shots. Butler won't leave, he was recruiting Wade from what I've read.

Yeah, it's not a great fit, but both Rondo and Wade are high IQ players, and willing passers so I guess they'll find a way to make it work.

A non shooting point guard and a shooting guard that can't hit a three isn't a good combo. Adding them to Butler who thinks taking a three is taking the easy way ouy ? A bit dangerous if you ask me.

Having them all out there together means defences will sag and crowd the paint. They'll find it tough on offence, and that backcourt is going to leak badly on defence

They have no size or teeth down low though, Wade, Rondo and Butler with Noah to mop up boards and play interior defense would have been ideal.

And I agree, the East is looking a little better.

Detroit is signing my main man Boban Marjonovic, he became a bit of a folk hero in San Antonio last season with local commercials like this gem:

Duncan has announced his retirement. No fuss, just a press release.

Contrast this with the ridiculous Kobe circus, and I am a Lakers fan.

“San Antonio Spurs forward Tim Duncan today announced that he will retire after 19 seasons with the organization,” the statement begins. “Since drafting Duncan, the Spurs won five championships and posted a 1,072-438 regular season record, giving the team a .710 winning percentage, which is the best 19-year stretch in NBA history and was the best in all of the NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB over the last 19 years.”

And thats how he retired with a simple press release.

What a fucking unreal humble giant of a player.

His team consistently destroyed mine - the Mavs - and I had nothing but respect for him and his team. They were pure class, and what he's done since he was drafted (I was just in HS) is infuckingcredible. Props to Timmy D, who could have easily gone on for another year but decided to quietly leave the game he loved, the game he dominated and the game where he'll always be talked about as one of the greats.

Read this great story about Timmy D.
Green (yes, the same Golden State cunt) said that in his first year, when they were playing the Spurs, he started talking shit to Duncan. Duncan just stared back at him. Green kept on going, and Duncan continued to stare:

"At that point I realized during the rest of my career that I might as well not talk to him. Either, one, he is not going to talk back because he has no respect for me. Or, two, he is not going to talk back because that is who he is. Or, three, both. I figured then that was the last time I would talk junk to Tim. And that was the last time."

Yeah, Duncan was a regular nemesis for the Suns as well, and I have nothing but respect for him. A marvelous player, and consummate professional. The NBA will miss him.

Meanwhile, Draymond Green has been arrested for assault.

Yeah, Duncan was a regular nemesis for the Suns as well, and I have nothing but respect for him. A marvelous player, and consummate professional. The NBA will miss him.

Meanwhile, Draymond Green has been arrested for assault.
You mean arrested, and released on a measly $200 bond. It's a non-story in. Slow sports news week.

Tim Duncan, greatest Spur ever, hopefully he'll get a statue outside of the AT&T Center. The first title in 1999 was the year I graduated high school, I remember thinking of the Spurs before Duncan as a perennial playoff team, but one we always knew would not win a title. He changed all that, incredible player.

One of the funniest Duncan moments I remember:

And the Tim Duncan shot that always stands out:

Read this great story about Timmy D.
Green (yes, the same Golden State cunt) said that in his first year, when they were playing the Spurs, he started talking shit to Duncan. Duncan just stared back at him. Green kept on going, and Duncan continued to stare:

"At that point I realized during the rest of my career that I might as well not talk to him. Either, one, he is not going to talk back because he has no respect for me. Or, two, he is not going to talk back because that is who he is. Or, three, both. I figured then that was the last time I would talk junk to Tim. And that was the last time."

When I lived in Austin, I used to travel down to San Antonio to watch the Spurs play number of times. Lucky enough to watch Duncan destroy the Suns and the Mavericks live :)

I remember in years past when asked about when he would retire from coaching, Pop would always say he would retire about 5 minutes after Timmy retires.

In other news, the NBA tweaked the current rule on away from the ball fouls, instead of applying to the last 2 minutes of the game, they will be applicable to the last 2 minutes of each quarter. So basically, we will not see intentional away from the ball fouls during the last 2 minutes of each quarter as opposed to not seeing them at the end of the game.

I am not one for a rule change because some players can;t shoot free throws, as Mark Cuban said of the rule change, "Rewarding incompetence is never a good business strategy."

All they need to do is introduce a one and one rule, like in college, for non shooting and away from the ball fouls, that will clear the problem right up by resuming play if the player misses the first free throw, I have no idea why this is never even discussed when talking about cleaning up intentional fouls.

Westbrook has signed a 3 year extension with the Thunder. Will be fun if the Warriors end up meeting the Thunder again in the playoffs this year. Warriors should obviously win, but it'd be fun to see a charged-up Westbrook going at Durant.

Westbrook is old school. He clearly feels he has a point to prove that he can do it without KD.

It'll be interesting to watch and could go either way

Westbrook is old school. He clearly feels he has a point to prove that he can do it without KD.

It'll be interesting to watch and could go either way

I hope they win it now - would be a great story.

Westbrook is gonna come close to average a triple double imo.

In other news, the NBA tweaked the current rule on away from the ball fouls, instead of applying to the last 2 minutes of the game, they will be applicable to the last 2 minutes of each quarter. So basically, we will not see intentional away from the ball fouls during the last 2 minutes of each quarter as opposed to not seeing them at the end of the game.

I am not one for a rule change because some players can;t shoot free throws, as Mark Cuban said of the rule change, "Rewarding incompetence is never a good business strategy."

All they need to do is introduce a one and one rule, like in college, for non shooting and away from the ball fouls, that will clear the problem right up by resuming play if the player misses the first free throw, I have no idea why this is never even discussed when talking about cleaning up intentional fouls.

They should call all the intentional fouls flagrant the last two mintues of the game. That would end the intentional foul problem. Many of them are already flagrant but they get away with it because everyone do it the last two minutes. Then they call it intentional instead.If they did it with four minutes remaining then it would be a flagrant foul.

The Thunder are apparently going to go all out for Blake Griffin in the 2017 free agency. Griffin is also an Oklahoma native.

Griffin, Westbrook and Oladipo will be the most athletic team in the league, and a real challenge for the Warriors.

Warriors getting spanked in their season opener against the Spurs. Long may this continue.

Towns was clearly stealing Davis' thunder as the most insanely talented big man in the league, good to see him respond:

It was the second-best scoring game in Anthony Davis’ decorated NBA career, as well as the highest point total for a New Orleans player ever in a season opener. It wasn’t quite enough to secure a victory, though.

In the first game of his fifth pro season, Davis compiled an incredible performance, scoring 50 points, the second time in the 2016 calendar year that the three-time All-Star has tallied 50-plus. For good measure, the 23-year-old also posted 16 rebounds, seven steals, four blocks and five assists, one of the finest individual stat lines you’ll ever see.

Towns was clearly stealing Davis' thunder as the most insanely talented big man in the league, good to see him respond:
Towns and Davis aren't the only ones. I think there's going to be a bit of a resurgence of the NBA bigman in the next few years.

Cousins,Towns and Davis are the obvious ones. Gobert and Drummond are both proving themselves to be rebounding monsters. Then there's Jokic at the Nuggets. And Embiid of course, who finally made his debut for the Sixers after 2 years of injury.

Embiid for me is the most tantalizing prospect I've seen since LeBron. I really hope he doesn't go the Greg Oden way.

Back
Top Bottom