• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Naby Keita

Prefix for Poll Threads

Should we sign Naby Keita this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the way posters here have described him, he seems like a perfect young midfielder. Is there a clause in his contract? Does he or Rangnick have a Klopp connection?

Even with a clause in his contract and if Rangnick is close to Klopp, I see our chances as limited, if he is as good as you all are describing.

Rangnick has said that there is no clause in his contract and its expires in 2020.
If they are allowed into the Champions league then they might decide to keep him for one more season.

Would probably take an offer of 35-40 mill to get him.

Rangnick has said that there is no clause in his contract and its expires in 2020.
If they are allowed into the Champions league then they might decide to keep him for one more season.

Would probably take an offer of 35-40 mill to get him.

I am curious as to why you think one more season is the limit. From what I know they don't need the money, the club is loaded. They are going to regularly compete for the CL and the Bundesliga. The player is a long term contract.

Unless they get a ridiculous bid: 60-80 million why would they sell.

I am curious as to why you think one more season is the limit. From what I know they don't need the money, the club is loaded. They are going to regularly compete for the CL and the Bundesliga. The player is a long term contract.

Unless they get a ridiculous bid: 60-80 million why would they sell.

Its more fee wise for the club if he doesnt sign a new contract. 2 years lett next summer.
It will probably also depend on wheter or not they are allowed into the Champions League.

Based on the way posters here have described him, he seems like a perfect young midfielder. Is there a clause in his contract? Does he or Rangnick have a Klopp connection?

Even with a clause in his contract and if Rangnick is close to Klopp, I see our chances as limited, if he is as good as you all are describing.

Rangnick was a Schalke manager while Klopp was at their hated rival Dortmund, so I don't think they personally have a connection :). However, we do have a bit of an unexpected connection with Red Bull Salzburg (Leipzig's "sister" club where both Rangnick and Keita came from last year), having loaned Andre Wisdom to them and also Mane was their big African star before Keita.

UPD: Actually, after some Googling I found this (bad translation, but you get the meaning):
Jürgen Klopp and I have known for almost 20 years. We had repeatedly contact.But in the 2nd League Klopp will never go. That's why we need at the moment to worry about it too.

This was Rangnick answering a question whether Klopp might manage RB Leipzig in 2015 when Klopp already left Borussia and Leipzig was fighting for promotion from the 2nd league. He also had very high praise for Klopp when it was first announced he was joining LFC. Basically it seems Ralf and Jurgen are either friends or at the very least have mutual respect for each other and similar football philosophy. Which means if Naby asks his mentor Ralf if going to LFC to work with Klopp is a good idea for his development, Rangnick will probably say yes, it is.

Last edited:
If we sign him, who does he replace? Hendo? Gini? Lallana? He'll be coming to start - he's an ambitious young lad with "Barcelona" as his career target.

He can play both the deep and the advanced midfield positions, so I can see him forming a partnership with any one of Hendo, Can or Gini. With his mix of qualities, which includes defensive tenacity and energy, playmaking ability and those surging forward runs, I recon it would be difficult to find a bad or weak midfield combination between those 4 players. It's very exciting if we can make it happen.

Joyce, from the Times reporting tonight that Keita is Klopps first choice midfield transfer target @rurikbird

Paul Joyce of the Times has claimed that Liverpool are doing all we can to sign Red Bull Leipzig’s Naby Keita, who if bought, will join Jordan Henderson, Emre Can, Adam Lallana and Gini Wijnaldum centrally.
That quintet possesses an excellent deep-lying playmaker (Henderson), two destructive holding midfielders who can also play box-to-box (Can and Keita), and two more creative, link players – who press relentlessly but provide final product too (Lallana and Wijnaldum).

Even with two of the above five injured (not unlikely, from past experience), we’ll still have three high level central midfielders who can play in a 4-3-3, or at least two to be used in a 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Obviously talking about it easy, but acquiring Keita won’t be. The Guinean has scored eight goals this season and registered seven assists, all the more impressive considering he’s been predominantly used an anchorman.

Joyce suggests we’ll sit down with Lucas to discuss his future at the club and do the same with Daniel Sturridge. At fullback, Ryan Sessegnon is the primary target, meaning the youngster can join Trent Alexander-Arnold in learning his trade behind Nathaniel Clyne and James Milner.

Paul Joyce of the Times has claimed that Liverpool are doing all we can to sign Red Bull Leipzig’s Naby Keita, who if bought, will join Jordan Henderson, Emre Can, Adam Lallana and Gini Wijnaldum centrally.
That quintet possesses an excellent deep-lying playmaker (Henderson), two destructive holding midfielders who can also play box-to-box (Can and Keita), and two more creative, link players – who press relentlessly but provide final product too (Lallana and Wijnaldum).

Even with two of the above five injured (not unlikely, from past experience), we’ll still have three high level central midfielders who can play in a 4-3-3, or at least two to be used in a 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Obviously talking about it easy, but acquiring Keita won’t be. The Guinean has scored eight goals this season and registered seven assists, all the more impressive considering he’s been predominantly used an anchorman.

Joyce suggests we’ll sit down with Lucas to discuss his future at the club and do the same with Daniel Sturridge. At fullback, Ryan Sessegnon is the primary target, meaning the youngster can join Trent Alexander-Arnold in learning his trade behind Nathaniel Clyne and James Milner.

He also said that Stewart will most likely leave, and we'll probably get quite a decent fee for him.

Would give him an enhanced medical due to that collapse a month or so back, but the lad is quality. Speed, strength, height, pace, timing (Seen 5 full Leipzig games this season, no misplaced tackles whatsoever even when 'last-ditch'), he has all the right attributes to be as good as anyone in the role.

Would give him an enhanced medical due to that collapse a month or so back, but the lad is quality. Speed, strength, height, pace, timing (Seen 5 full Leipzig games this season, no misplaced tackles whatsoever even when 'last-ditch'), he has all the right attributes to be as good as anyone in the role.
Height ?!

I obviously dont play FIFA enough nowadays..... either that or Premier League Manager.

I dont have a clue about half of these supposed great talents.

I'd be prepared to take a chance on anyone who's black, short, French (or pretend French) and can run a lot.

[article]Liverpool target Naby Keita could “stay with us forever”, according to RB Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenhüttl.

The Reds have held a long-term interest in Keita since last summer, with the midfielder explaining why he rejected a move to Anfield in favour of staying in Germany.

Jurgen Klopp remains a fan of the 22-year-old however, and is expected to revisit the prospect of signing him this summer.

But Leipzig manager Hasenhüttl, who has masterminded their Champions League qualification, believes Keita could again reject Premier League advances.

“He feels well, and we love him. We are a super exciting club,” he told Leipziger Volkszeitung.

“Naby sees how much the coach invests to make him better.

“If I take the celebrations as a benchmark, Naby will stay with us forever. You just don’t just leave a squad like ours.”[/article]

Reactions: mom
[article]Liverpool target Naby Keita could “stay with us forever”, according to RB Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenhüttl.

The Reds have held a long-term interest in Keita since last summer, with the midfielder explaining why he rejected a move to Anfield in favour of staying in Germany.

Jurgen Klopp remains a fan of the 22-year-old however, and is expected to revisit the prospect of signing him this summer.

But Leipzig manager Hasenhüttl, who has masterminded their Champions League qualification, believes Keita could again reject Premier League advances.

“He feels well, and we love him. We are a super exciting club,” he told Leipziger Volkszeitung.

“Naby sees how much the coach invests to make him better.

“If I take the celebrations as a benchmark, Naby will stay with us forever. You just don’t just leave a squad like ours.”[/article]

d2ee229723b3df858ebaba6eea82817e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom