• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mods adding to abuse rather than stopping it

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkmacca

6CM Addict
It's one thing to get abused by Fabio, who appears to have an exalted status that allows him to do as he pleases, but it's another thing entirely when Mark, a mod who is supposed to intervene in such a context, eagerly encourages it like some snotty little wimp jumping up and down in the school yard behind the resident bully. He does this time and time again, he abuses his powers as a mod just about every week and on matchdays innumerable times, and if you really take the role of mods seriously on here, it's about time you remove him from this position so that this stops happening. There's a line to be crossed and he's crossed it once to often.

I'm happy to take whatever ban people feel is appropriate

Just like to point out however, name calling wasn't started by me

I'd like to ban you from changing your avatar. We don't change avatars here. It involves change.
It confuses me no end when people change their avatar.

In which thread was the name calling? I want to go and read it.

Ryan is forum royalty

To be fair my avatar hasn't sat right since I lost the use of my pocoyo aids gif

It's one thing to get abused by Fabio, who appears to have an exalted status that allows him to do as he pleases, but it's another thing entirely when Mark, a mod who is supposed to intervene in such a context, eagerly encourages it like some snotty little wimp jumping up and down in the school yard behind the resident bully. He does this time and time again, he abuses his powers as a mod just about every week and on matchdays innumerable times, and if you really take the role of mods seriously on here, it's about time you remove him from this position so that this stops happening. There's a line to be crossed and he's crossed it once to often.

You dish it out and should be able to take it when it's given back to you. If you don't want it back, don't dish it out.

This is how seriously I take my mod status and abuse my position. I wondered what the fuck Macca was on about when he was talking about how I should have intervened and reprimanded Fabio (as if anyway). How can I reprimand another Mod? Oh, Fabio isn't a Mod?

This is all a bit silly really. Macca, take a pew and read your posts after the City game last week, in reply to anything remotely negative/critical. No one was actually consciously dragging down the win, just talking about where we can improve, yet you took it oh so personally and got a shitty on with anyone who tried to discuss Karius or whatever else that we could improve on.

You're going into the mode you were in under Kenny, getting pissy with any who questions anything that's contrary to what the manager is doing, no matter how obviously valid. Which is usually why I end up on the end of one of your Celtic jibes.

You're happy to give it out and then you cry foul when someone gives a bit back. Grow a pair.

And for the record, I actually really like you, like I like Ryan, Rosco, Fabio and a load of other respectable posters who have something good to offer the place, but occasionally we can all be dickheads and things boil over. Shit happens.

Last edited:
This is how seriously I take my mod status and abuse my position. I wondered what the fuck Macca was on about when he was talking about how I should have intervened and reprimanded Fabio (as if anyway). How can I reprimand another Mod? Oh, Fabio isn't a Mod?

This is all a bit silly really. Macca, take a pew and read your posts after the City game last week, in reply to anything remotely negative/critical. No one was actually consciously dragging down the win, just talking about where we can improve, yet you took it oh so personally and got a shitty on with anyone who tried to discuss Karius or whatever else that we could improve on.

You're going into the mode you were in under Kenny, getting pissy with any who questions anything that's contrary to what the manager is doing, no matter how obviously valid. Which is usually why I end up on the end of one of your Celtic jibes.

You're happy to give it out and then you cry foul when someone gives a bit back. Grow a pair.

And for the record, I actually really like you, like I like Ryan, Rosco, Fabio and a load of other respectable posters who have something good to offer the place, but occasionally we can all be dickheads and things boil over. Shit happens.
I'm never a dick head you prick

Mate we all have our meltdowns. Be gentle. Be cool. YNWA x

As much as Mark likes to weave his own self-justifying narrative out of nothing but his own head, the evidence is out there - threads where countless posters other than me call him out for his enduringly obdurate obsessions and his inability to see opposing views without resorting to abuse and personal insults (and then accuse others of doing it to him). He's the very kind of poster moderators were invented to keep in control. And people can't even put him on ignore.

I'm not sure if Fabio has 'exalted status' or what it means exactly, but if he *does*, perhaps it's because he helped start the site/ is related to or friends with the people who still run it/ has been around forever / is popular/ knows what he's talking about?

It's not really a mystery, if you consider some or all of those factors

I'm not sure if Fabio has 'exalted status' or what it means exactly, but if he *does*, perhaps it's because he helped start the site/ is related to or friends with the people who still run it/ has been around forever / is popular/ knows what he's talking about?

It's not really a mystery, if you consider some or all of those factors
I'm like the snide prince in fairy stories. Pyar bellend because my brothers are proper royalty

and his inability to see opposing views

errrrrrrr.... This is you getting pissy pre and post City, because you didn't like people discussing football and Liverpool related matters that might put a bit of a negative spin on things. God forbid.

I don't think we need any videos heavily edited by some lonely spotty herbert to assess a keeper carefully - though it is a bit rum how people are keen to show their scepticism about such videos, good or bad, when we're linked with someone, and equally keen to accept them as definitive arguments when it suits them. The fact is Karius will either show he can improve, or that he can't, between now and the end of the season, and, if it's the latter, we'll buy another keeper (whose videos will then be questioned relentlessly before he arrives). The rest is just pointless chatter, to accompany the pointless chatter in the other thread on the same subject that's already into its third day. All a bit sad.

It isn't, but let the silliness continue. Funny how this stats-obsessed site suddenly relies on anecdotal evidence when it suits.

That's so painfully predictable I thought of anticipating it but thought surely no one would be lazy enough to try it.

More sophisticated goalkeeping expertise.

This forum spends much of every damned day stressing how shit both keepers are. And then when one 'shit' keeper is replaced by another 'shit' keeper, it's billed as a 'huge call'. Is it a huge call? Only if you really rate one much higher than the other. If not, it's not a huge call at all.

"OK" as in "Yes,", "No,", "I misheard that as a racist remark," or "I'm too much of a tool to answer honestly"?

The undisputed King of The Embarrassing Meltdowns has spoken
Haha - I'm learning to chill the fuck out man. Why don't you stop being an antagonising bellend? - Really you should work on your grammar though - *King of The Embarrassing Meltdowns* - Unless you were suggesting a book title - which I rather like actually X :)

Look at his 'performance' in the match thread tonight - another long abusive rant for two hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom