• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mitchell in

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify that a little - I’m not saying the midfield doesn’t need fixed - I’m saying fixing the forward line will make it easier to fix the midfield.
Yeah ... no. If the midfield is shot then the forward line doesn't function as it should, how can it when they are not receiving the support or passes they need to optimise. Pretty much what we're seeing now.

OK just a mere 3 weeks late with that response. I'm right on the ball.

To clarify that a little - I’m not saying the midfield doesn’t need fixed - I’m saying fixing the forward line will make it easier to fix the midfield.

What's wrong with our forward line? Our forward line is the only thing keeping is in with an outside shot of top 4 and once we get Diaz back to full flow we'll be even more creative/threatening.

Our midfield is relegation standard and our back line (exl Ali) is mid table standard.

Yeah ... no. If the midfield is shot then the forward line doesn't function as it should, how can it when they are not receiving the support or passes they need to optimise. Pretty much what we're seeing now.

OK just a mere 3 weeks late with that response. I'm right on the ball.

Chicken and egg.

If the forward line isn’t functioning properly - ie the press isn’t working - which it isn’t, or hasn’t been (Gakpo has helped with this).m - then the midfield is left with too much to do.

We play a high line, the full backs are often further forward than the midfield, leaving space behind which opposition teams can hit easily if given time.

If our forwards aren’t pressing AND it being particularly clinical, then our midfield has a problem - changing the midfield around doesn’t fixed the problem if it’s systemic rather than based on individuals.

Again, I’m not saying the midfield is blameless.

What's wrong with our forward line? Our forward line is the only thing keeping is in with an outside shot of top 4 and once we get Diaz back to full flow we'll be even more creative/threatening.

Our midfield is relegation standard and our back line (exl Ali) is mid table standard.

Our forward line has improved since Gakpo started linking it to the midfield better.

Forward line is still too wasteful at the minute.

I wonder where Diaz will play and who he’ll replace - Nunez can’t give what Gakpo gives - it’s not his game - so does Nunez become an expensive sub or does Diaz play on the right?

Our forward line has improved since Gakpo started linking it to the midfield better.

I wonder where Diaz will play and who he’ll replace - Nunez can’t give what Gakpo gives - it’s not his game - so does Nunez become an expensive sub or does Diaz play on the right?

Oh yeah it's still wasteful I don't doubt that although it was much improved against Everton and Newcastle and then were half wasteful against Palace (missing Nunez) and I say half wasteful because we failed to really create a meaningful chance.....but that comes on the training pitch and with a bit of luck, nothing to do with needing to replace them like the midfield and parts of the defence needs.

For me our front 3 is Diaz Nunez Salah....that front 3 offers the most in terms of creativity, pace, flair and goals.

For some home games against plodder that could change to a 4231 where we see Diaz Gakpo Salah behind Nunez

Chicken and egg.

If the forward line isn’t functioning properly - ie the press isn’t working - which it isn’t, or hasn’t been (Gakpo has helped with this).m - then the midfield is left with too much to do.

We play a high line, the full backs are often further forward than the midfield, leaving space behind which opposition teams can hit easily if given time.

If our forwards aren’t pressing AND it being particularly clinical, then our midfield has a problem - changing the midfield around doesn’t fixed the problem if it’s systemic rather than based on individuals.

Again, I’m not saying the midfield is blameless.
Not every team plays a high press ... and we haven't been 'pressing monsters' for a long while, so it's tough to blame it on the press.

And the defensive high line is supposed to help the midfield - at present it's just exacerbating their shiteness.

Change any two of our midfield and the defence and attack would function so much better and as they should do with the quality we have in both defence and attack.

Diaz - Nunez - Salah

------- Gakpo ---------

Bajcetic ----- Bellingham
(or Thiago)

Let's not forget Jota coming back also. He, Nunez and Diaz can all play either down the centre or off the left. It's on the right that we need reinforcements.

Let's not forget Jota coming back also. He, Nunez and Diaz can all play either down the centre or off the left. It's on the right that we need reinforcements.
I'm sure Diaz can play on the right ... he often drifts over there now !

Not every team plays a high press ... and we haven't been 'pressing monsters' for a long while, so it's tough to blame it on the press.

And the defensive high line is supposed to help the midfield - at present it's just exacerbating their shiteness.

Change any two of our midfield and the defence and attack would function so much better and as they should do with the quality we have in both defence and attack.

The drop of in pressing is marked this season compared to last season though.

Change the midfielders and I reckon the same problems start to surface quickly.

I agree the whole team is disjointed and requires some new blood all over the pitch.

Diaz - Nunez - Salah

------- Gakpo ---------

Bajcetic ----- Bellingham
(or Thiago)

You’re expecting Klopp to change the system he religiously adheres to - I don’t think he will.

Besides - in that team above, if those 4 forwards don’t press well, those two midfielders are going to flooded and overrun pretty quickly.

Depends what we do in the summer window, we could all be vastly disappointed and Bellingham (hope to god not) may be the only midfielder we sign.....then what do we do?

Even if we play a 3 man midfield with Jude Baj/Fab & Hendo for example, it's still going to be overrun.

You’re expecting Klopp to change the system he religiously adheres to - I don’t think he will.

Besides - in that team above, if those 4 forwards don’t press well, those two midfielders are going to flooded and overrun pretty quickly.
With that team we're playing the whole match, every match, in the final third.

Klopp has opted to stick with James Milner as stand-in for Julian Ward, having been impressed with his ultimate professionalism both on and off-the-pitch.
It's funny I was thinking of this in a serious way. The likes of Overmars and Van der Sar at Ajax really worked for a period, but we don't really see it in England

[article]Liverpool target Paul Mitchell has opened the door to joining the Anfield club when he leaves Monaco.

The current Sporting Director of the French club is tied down until the end of the upcoming summer transfer window.

However, Mitchell can then move around August or September, when he fulfills his duty to Monaco.

Initial talks are already underway between Mitchell and Liverpool.

On his future, he told Nice Matin: “Yes. It was a very difficult decision.

“I loved my experience at this club. I have always felt a lot of support from President Dmitry Rybolovlev and the Principality. But I have spent a lot of time away from home and my loved ones in recent years. I feel that the mission I had, which was to rebuild the sports project, has been fulfilled."

On his upcoming exit, he added: “I have to find my successor, accompany him in his first steps in Monaco and guide him until we consider with the president that it is time to step back. We want the transition to be as smooth and consistent as possible."[/article]

From the list of Sporting directors he's probably the one I wanted the least, so thats okay.

From the list of Sporting directors he's probably the one I wanted the least, so thats okay.

I’d be curious to see your list of potential LFC Sporting Directors! Here’s the best list I could come up with:

1. @King Binny - omniscient being. Legend. Too expensive for LFC.
2. Christoph Freund - signed Haaland and the like. Klopp likes him apparently. Downside - signed Keita and Minamino.
3. Mitchell - likes United, so probably a cunt.
4. @tombrown - food pun based scouting. Guaranteed to procure at least one good midfielder.
5. Transfer committee of @binomial, @bluebell, @Donavan Ried and @moron - an extensive and unfocused list of random targets. Will sell all current players to fund their shopping spree. On the plus side - will definitely sign a Georgian.

Last edited:
My targets aren't random or unfocused.....they're based on watching them in some capacity whether at international, European or Domestic level and visualising how they could be best integrated in our current set up.

All current players....but you left out the part "who aren't good enough", not my fault there just so happens to be half of them in this quota.

I could take the role of transfer committee by myself, I'd be the first ever transfer commissioner.

I’d be curious to see your list of potential LFC Sporting Directors! Here’s the best list I could come up with:

2. Christoph Freund - signed Haaland and the like. Klopp likes him apparently. Downside - signed Keita and Minamino.
4. @tombrown - food pun based scouting. Guaranteed to procure at least one good midfielder.
5. Transfer committee of @binomial, @bluebell, @Donavan Ried and @moron - an extensive and unfocused list of random targets. Will sell all current players to fund their shopping spree. On the plus side - will definitely sign a Georgian.
You'll find most of the names I've mentioned I did so before they blew-up. The Georgian, it was you who first mentioned him and so I can't claim any credit for that, and I'd sell Jota + CJ to fund his purchase.

Going forward could we use Fabs as the new utility man, who can play DM,RB and RCB if we get 4 MF, which will allow you to flog Gomez. Gomez surely has a market value of £35-£45m? If Mount is worth £60m going into his final year of his contract, then it would stand to reason Gomez has the value I've estimated.
The players that are likely to leave this season,
Naby
Ox,
Bobby
Melo
Adrian
And quite possibly Millie.
6 departures and not a penny in income. Then you have serial underperformers in Gomez, CJ and Matip who are also plagued by reoccurring injuries. Now if we could raise £50m from those 3 being sold, we might be able to get 4-6 players in.
Here's another combo I'd be happy with
Jude £110m
Tielemans Free
Evan Ndicka Free
Thorum/Kone £30m
Money ball signings
Alex Scott £25m
Jobe Bellingham £25m

1. Hansern
  2. King Binny
  3. Freund
  4. Krösche
  5. Pedro Braz
  6. Mitchell

I could take the role of transfer committee by myself, I'd be the first ever transfer commissioner.

6bf7ace82a55bc690687373133b79932.jpg

You'll find most of the names I've mentioned I did so before they blew-up. The Georgian, it was you who first mentioned him and so I can't claim any credit for that, and I'd sell Jota + CJ to fund his purchase.

Going forward could we use Fabs as the new utility man, who can play DM,RB and RCB if we get 4 MF, which will allow you to flog Gomez. Gomez surely has a market value of £35-£45m? If Mount is worth £60m going into his final year of his contract, then it would stand to reason Gomez has the value I've estimated.
The players that are likely to leave this season,
Naby
Ox,
Bobby
Melo
Adrian
And quite possibly Millie.
6 departures and not a penny in income. Then you have serial underperformers in Gomez, CJ and Matip who are also plagued by reoccurring injuries. Now if we could raise £50m from those 3 being sold, we might be able to get 4-6 players in.
Here's another combo I'd be happy with
Jude £110m
Tielemans Free
Evan Ndicka Free
Thorum/Kone £30m
Money ball signings
Alex Scott £25m
Jobe Bellingham £25m

Agree with everything here but you lost me at 25m for JOBE.

What’s he done to demand that fee? Or is it purely based on his brother being a star?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom