• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mini drinkies (kinda) West Ham 27th February 2011

Avmenon

Well-Known
I got back yesterday after a pretty tiring weekend.

Went with the missus , the brother-in-law (LV handbag), his friend* (Gucci handbag) to Bicester Vilage where they went to great lengths to end the recession. I have to admit to doing a little bit too, in all honesty. I bought a pair of jeans which was on a massive discount. I havent worn jeans since I got mega-fat and I'm hoping this will fit now.

Stayed the night in a Premier Inn and shot off for London where they dropped me off at Holland Park (i think) and I took the Tube to meet Spion Kop at Waterloo Station. I was a bit late unfortunately (sorry John) since I tried to change trains thinking I had to take an alternate since the Waterloo line was down. It took me all of 10 minutes to realise that Waterloo station was NOT on Waterloo line (the planners might want to look into these things).

Met SK (who's looking much fitter these days with all the running - kudos) with 2 of his Hammers mates (one also named JOhn, and one more I forget)..both of whom are really great and remind me that good banter with rivals is always possible. They talk down their chances non-stop and both claim they'd be happy with a draw ( I politely agree with them, but I'm thinking no way is that going to happen)

We wouldnt have the same rubbish team we had 3 days earlier; and Gerrard was playing.

So I felt pretty confident especially since West Ham had been so poor (what 6 wins was it?)..

It's a good thing I'd met them since I felt really uneasy walking around West Ham and Upton Park...I LITERALLY walked outside the barriers only to hear one Hammer mutter under his breath as I walked past him 'Liverpool fan'..and I'm thinking HOW?

I'd taken all the precautions.

NO shirt, no scarf no nothing...I'd even left my Crocs with my Liverpool pin at home (yes, i'm sad I know)

We have a few drinks at the Duke of Edinburgh pub (although JOhn's mates pop off for some food) first.

Yet AGAIN I fail to get a round in as JOhn and his mate get a pitcher each; I figure no biggie I'll get the next one after the game.

So we head off for the game; Upton Park is a decent place, it feels much smaller (but I can tell it can be a cauldron sometimes).

The game starts and we're decent enough at first, but we just can't seem to hold the ball and no one NO ONE seems to know what to d with...some flashes, but just like against Prague , there was zero quality at the business end...the crucial differences were that Prague were muck and West Ham weasnt.

Or rather, they were...but we made them look like Barcelona.

We had no midfield,and we had no defence.

We had nothing.

Our man of the match was probably Dirk Kuyt, and even that probaly isnt saying much.

I cant think of a single player who played reasonable well save for Kuyt and maybe Reina.

My neighbour was anther mate of JOhns; and he ad a right go at Wilson (who was horrible, utterly horrible).

Poor marking, few runs , and most of all horrid horrid passing...he was muck, unfoirtunatel so was Gerrard..and I realsed that we were even worse than against Prague.

The main differendce was that this time we were outnumbered...the fans did their best, we tried...but every imoptent breakdown in our play just seemed to strengthen the West Ham fans.

We drowned in a Sea of Scorn...I can still hear 'You Should Go Home Right Now" ringing in my ear.

It was basically waves of pain and shame washing down from our lest, right across and frm the right...I felt like I was one of the Light Brigade, and it was not a pleasant experience...it wasnt my first defeat; that honour goes to Blackpool.

But it felt like a caning, and I just wanted to leave.

I felt so dispirited, and the team was the same.

Gerrard was having a go at people for doing the same dogshit passes he was doing, Ngog had a go at Suarez for not passing, Suarez actuallly slapped Ngog's hand away when Ngog tried to help him up AFTER having a go at him (not sure if anyone saw that), JOhnson seemed interested only at times and there was one incident with Kuyt and JOhnson I dont want to repeat since it would make my fingers bleed to type that again.

I think that was when someone from an uppr tier sent a seat flying through the crowd...unfortunately it hit one of our own, so I'm not sure what good that did.

John's face was so red I swore he was going to have a seizure, and the noise and scorn kept coming and coming...it just got louder and louder...and I felt utterly humiated...Ijust felt so bad for the fans who'd driven from Liverpool to see this...mind you this wasnt really consolation for me.

Thankfully it eneded and I could feel the jeers even when I was leaving.

ONe thing tho for any Hammers fans here :

YOUR SONGS ARE FUCKING SHIT.

'TWIST AND SHOUT'

JUST. FUCK. OFF.

AND CRAM YOUR FUCKING BUBBLES UP YOUR FUCKING ARSE WHILST YOU'RE AT IT.

We leave the stadium (me and JOhn) and set out to meet his friends again.

I'm not looking forweard to it (but I'm sure my disquiet is nothing compared to what JOhn was feeling)....and the first thing his friend John says when we meet him was 'you deserved to lose'.

Which we did, fully and deservedly.

This was no unlucky smash and grab, or a beachball.

We deserved it.

It's freezing and we talk about the game whilst on the way back to the Tube; though to be honest I'm thinking of how much alcohol it'd take to forget about the game. Thee's a massive crowd though, and I thinkthere wwas some sort of delay o something, so JOhn and his mates think it'd be better if they headed back.

To be honest, I was secretly relieved.

I wanted to get some rounds in for JOhn and his mates, but I really didnt feel like drinking with a bunch of Hammers...take nothing away fromthem, they were ace sorts and didnt put the boot in at all...but I just felt so ashamed.

Fuck knows why, i's not as if I had a number on my back.

Though I fucking hope our boys with numbers did feel ashamed.

I'm sad that the away fans couldnt help our lads, but we tried our best...and ultimately we were broken once our players were broken.

I hope I never have an afternoon like that again, but I'm proud to have gone.

I didnt know I had it in me to go to an away game and get caned, but I did.

Besides, John took good care of me and its not like I got my head smashed in or anything, though that area did seem like a place that could happen.

Thanks again, JOhn....I'm sorry we didnt have a chance for more beers, and I owe you the next round...I fully intend to settle that debt before I'm thrown out...

(That goes for you too, Ross)

(And Krump)

So fuck West Ham, and I believe we'll turn this around.

I think there are some suggestions that we were as bad as against Blackpool, but we werent.

What we had were players, some of whom didnt give a shit...and I hope Kenny dos something about it...but there is definite improvement from those dark days and I still hope.

We just need some more quality, which a lot have already been saying...Kenny is not the Messiag, but I believe he has the tools to fix this, with a little help from the board, and us.

I took the Tube back to meet the missus and I pretended not to be upset when I saw the kid brother.

I asked him how they'd done but he didnt know and didnt care saying that (they'd be a 'sure win').

Haha...blow that out your arse, Alex.

in a way I envy him;he didnt care about losing.....wish I could be like that.

But thats not true either.

If I cant take the shame I shouldnt be joyful with the wins.

We left Londo and make our ay to another Premier Inn at Watford...which was the closes tone to London we could find at the normal rates and spend the night there...it's filled with Brummies...unfortunately the duckheads are all glum so I assume the worst...Alex does too and thinks Arsenal's won...we only find out the truth the next morning, but by then he didnt care..

There's not much choice for food, so we eat at the Inn itslef, whicvh isnt too pricy surprisingly...WHilst waiting for the waite, I overhear him talking to some customers...it's a guy with a strong African accent and he'sgot this glum look on his face...I assume he's a Brum fan too but he's talking with his customers about the West Ham game and then I knew.

The missus asks me to chat with him about it but I dont have the heart to; why remind him?

Or me, for that matter?

I have one or two; wishing it was with JOhn instaed of the brotherinlaw and then get an early night.

I wake up yesterday with a cold and a sore throat and think it figures.

Figures.

Anyway, I'm still hoping to get a home game in April, to forget about Sunday....and Krump, if you can get me a ticket for Fulham I will give you the famous European double-cheek kiss.

Arsenal's going to be rocking horse shit of course, but I'd be thrilled even with Fulham.

DSE, let me know too about Brum?

If anybdy's not going in April I'd be grateful for an eary shout.

Thanks all.

It was a bad day, but we've had worse....and I firmly believe we still have the right man to lead us to the better days we used to have.

By the way; this long Avvy Story is my way of not flinging my laptop out the window so there.

Back
Top Bottom