• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mendy not guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it's also possible that's you're just wrong on this one Fabio and these 3 women (out of how many?) simply lied?

One said Matturrie has raped her on a specific occasion, but yet in the video, she's actually having enthusiastic sex with him on that occasion?

Another said that they raped her on specific day at a specific period of time, and yet she went home, she was texting/laughing about how she had sex with Jack Grealish?

Another said that she got raped by the twice by Matturie, yet on the same day she called the party, "the best night of my life".

And yet, you hear all of this and you still want to do mental gymnastics to make a Columbo case out of how he could have still done it, when sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct one? People lie.

Especially when they're people who know each other and can conspire.

Like I said previously, I wouldn't be so "100%" sure, much less without hearing the facts of the case fully. So I tend to believe the jury have made the right decision, on this one from the little I've read about the case. But heh, I'm not here to change your mind.

I specifically left out the bolded ones as i believe that it seems they lied. The first one, there's a video of her sleeping with one of the accused, not the other one. How come Mendy gets a free pass with zero evidence? Is it impossible that he raped her afterwards? is it impossible that this girl was filmed during a consensual act, and then raped?

One yes doesn't give you a free pass for the night.

Any time based issues you're happy to dismiss heavily pissed up victims having a 100% photo memory of all events.

You're happy to assume the worst in the women, rather than the multi millionaire who's bragged about how many he's slept with

Greenwood, a pillar of the community as the police couldn't even get him to court. Clearly shes a liar and not a victim

I apologise, i'm getting unnecessarily wound up over the attitudes in this thread. So i'm going to bow out now.

There's every chance i'm wrong. Theres every chance mendy is completely innocent and i'm doing him a grave disservice.

I robbed this from reddit, but I was actually on the jury for a rape case before and heard a similar closing statement for the defence.

It goes something like, “If you think they maybe did it, that’s not enough. If you think they could have done it, that’s not enough. If you think they probably did it, that’s not enough. If you’re 99% certain they did it, that’s not enough. You have to be sure. Can you honestly say that on the evidence you have heard that you are 100% sure of this person’s guilt..?”

I don't know about Mendy and this particular case, based on the Guardian article its hard to see how it made it to court.

But, its undoubtedly hard for women in regards these cases, especially with a crowd of soccer fans ready to jump on them if they're not proven guilty, I suspect there's hundreds of rapes by footballers that will never be in court.

I apologise, i'm getting unnecessarily wound up over the attitudes in this thread. So i'm going to bow out now.

There's every chance i'm wrong. Theres every chance mendy is completely innocent and i'm doing him a grave disservice.

I've deleted my (initial response) message to your first response because I don't want to upset you any further.

I don't think the majority of women are bad.

I understand there are many evil men out there; some are sportsmen.

I just don't think it's fair that people can be "100% sure" either way really. But who knows, your theories could be right. I know I can't be sure.

If he is a rapist scumbag, let's hope new evidence comes to light. And even if he's not a rapist, it doesn't mean he's not a scumbag still, and no doubt he will have some comeuppance where a charge will stick (if he doesn't learn and change his ways).

That's funny, because I've argued with Dantes regarding his troublesome views on Trump and George Floyd. There are many folk on the "radical right" which back Trump that do the same as the "radical left", yes. I have no problem referring to people on the right who have wild views on dictating how people should think/live as radical, because I don't belong to either side. Sorry to say, but I kind of feel like you have a similar arrogance to Dantes, only on the other side of the coin. You're so fixed in your view of the way world should be, you've got no time for people's views of the world who just so happen to have the nerve to disagree with your views. It's all "interesting" or "nonsense" and "made up". And people who disagree with you MUST be on the right, or they MUST have bias for them. A person is either on one side or the other side? There's simply no room for any nuanced opinions.

My perspectives may be "interesting", but yours, to me at least, is pretty typical of the current climate we live in, where people are always trying to win an argument, with supposed "gotchas" and apparent "contradictions", as opposed to actually listening to an alternative POV, and trying to find common ground. So yes, for me I see no problem in holding both liberal and conservative views on different subjects. The current climates seems to brainwash people into believing you must espouse all of the typical talking points (on gun control, birth control, religion etc) of one side (right), or espouse all the typical talking points (gender, race, LGBT, etc) of the other side (left).

I personally don't tell my friends how to live their lives, even if I disagree with their choices. I can only advise them to be careful with whatever the choose to do whatever they want to do. I am not perfect in my life, so I don't judge people as "psychos" or "creepy" for living a life that may go against my beliefs, especially if I live in a country that doesn't match my beliefs. I understand everyone is complicated and go through phases in their lives.

View? Troublesome view? Radical right? Get it straight, I don't have a troublesome view on Trump, I had a view about the effect of Trump on the US economy. That view is now proven. I had a view on the effect of our Lord's precious gift on the incidence rate of cardiac issues. That view is now proven. That's the funny thing when you live in the real world, and take views on the real world, they get proven or disproven by the real world data. The other funny thing is when you're highly intelligent, then your views end up being correct.

Don't ever get that confused with your views on whether rape is a good thing, or if women are evil, or other such pointless subjective opinions. Nobody cares about your opinions and moral virtues, least of all me. Your subjective world view is ridiculously stupid anyway. How can you go on about woke, then two minutes later you delete a post to spare Fabio's feelings from being hurt? Get the fuck out of here and remember not to let your personal opinions on these silly debating topics convince you that you're in some way superior to dantes ever again.

I am not sure about this. The stats don't bear that out.

And without getting myself in trouble, I came speak from experience as I was on a jury that was for a very similar case. And there's always an element of doubt in these cases, because no one else was there but the two people, and so you go on balance of probabilities. And it took a few days for us to reach a guilty verdict. And generally, the victim is given a lot of sympathy in these proceedings, especially when the accused is from a foreign country. Till this day, it burns me whether we actually made the right decision.

No, what the hell, it's a criminal trial, not a civil trial, you never ever go on the balance of probabilities when delivering a verdict that will send someone to jail. If that element of doubt was reasonable, then the verdict is not guilty, and that's it. But it seems you took it upon yourself to resolve the doubt by weighing up the probabilities? Quite the whoopsie there, but don't worry, you're a good person, you voted out the orange man when it mattered, that was the most important verdict of your life, well done on that. This other guy, he could be getting bummed as we type, but at least he isn't getting abused by the orange man's mean tweets, thanks to your electoral wherewithal.

So does this mean we are all supposed do support Giggs now and say he’s an upstanding citizen after todays verdict?

No, what the hell, it's a criminal trial, not a civil trial, you never ever go on the balance of probabilities when delivering a verdict that will send someone to jail. If that element of doubt was reasonable, then the verdict is not guilty, and that's it. But it seems you took it upon yourself to resolve the doubt by weighing up the probabilities? Quite the whoopsie there, but don't worry, you're a good person, you voted out the orange man when it mattered, that was the most important verdict of your life, well done on that. This other guy, he could be getting bummed as we type, but at least he isn't getting abused by the orange man's mean tweets, thanks to your electoral wherewithal.

I'm not American. I have no influence on the US Election. I dislike clueless Biden as much as I dislike your hero Trump. Sophie's choice voting for those 2.

View? Troublesome view? Radical right? Get it straight, I don't have a troublesome view on Trump, I had a view about the effect of Trump on the US economy. That view is now proven. I had a view on the effect of our Lord's precious gift on the incidence rate of cardiac issues. That view is now proven. That's the funny thing when you live in the real world, and take views on the real world, they get proven or disproven by the real world data. The other funny thing is when you're highly intelligent, then your views end up being correct.

Don't ever get that confused with your views on whether rape is a good thing, or if women are evil, or other such pointless subjective opinions. Nobody cares about your opinions and moral virtues, least of all me. Your subjective world view is ridiculously stupid anyway. How can you go on about woke, then two minutes later you delete a post to spare Fabio's feelings from being hurt? Get the fuck out of here and remember not to let your personal opinions on these silly debating topics convince you that you're in some way superior to dantes ever again.

You refer to yourself in the 3rd person, like you're The Rock. Like you're a big shot. Well, you're not.

You're a gormless twat on the internet, responding to "ridiculously stupid" idiots. If you were half as smart as you think you are, you wouldn't be on Liverpool forums replying to posts about Benjamin Mendy. Don't ever forget you role, Dantes. You're not the main character here. You're not Neo, you're just another agent in the Matrix.

Humble yourself.

Humble yourself instead you clown.

[article]
One nurse, who lives in Cornwall but wanted to remain anonymous, said her monthly mortgage payments had doubled in the last 18 months. Her husband died five years ago and she has been working part time. She has had to cut out any luxuries she had in her life. "I don't drive the car because the fuel prices went up. I eat very little food because the food prices have gone up," she said. "I live on next to nothing. I try not to think how much it impacts on me because I work with the public and I have to make sure that I still have the smile, and the caring, and the sense of humour. "But deep down in my heart, despite the smiley face, I'm hurt. I'm struggling."
[/article]

Whoops.

[article]
The World Health Organization has warned of an “unusual” increase in cases of severe myocarditis associated with enterovirus infection among very young babies in south Wales. Between June 2022 and April 2023 10 babies under 28 days of age presented with symptoms of myocarditis at a tertiary hospital in south Wales and tested positive for enterovirus on PCR testing. Seven babies were treated in intensive care, and one died before transfer to tertiary care. One infant is still being treated in hospital.
[/article]

Another whoopsie.

Value his contribution? Jesus have some shame. I understand you being wrong, but how did you become such total losers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom