• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man Utd Watch - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Let the mancs quietly descend into irrelevance and focus on our team.

… and yet, if they win their next home game, they’ll be above us and we’ll be in crises.

When was the last time Utd lost the opening 3 games of a season?

Actually - I checked.

1986/87 was the last time Utd lost their opening 3 league games, with 1921 the last time a new manager lost their first 3 games in charge.

We’ve never won 3 successive away games at OT.

We’re drawing this - if we’re lucky.

Manchester United’s attempt to buy Juventus’s Adrien Rabiot is almost certainly off because of the midfielder’s wage demands, and Real Madrid’s Casemiro is being explored as an alternative to strengthen this department of Erik ten Hag’s squad.

United had reached an agreed fee with Juventus of an initial £15m for Rabiot but the 27-year-old player’s mother and agent, Veronique, wished him to be paid more than many of the club’s top earners such as Bruno Fernandes, who receives around £240,000 a week. This is because the Frenchman is a free agent next summer.

While the deal may yet be revived this is understood to be viewed as unlikely by John Murtough, the football director in charge of negotiations, so his attention is now on exploring a potential move for Casemiro.

The 30-year-old’s contract with Madrid runs until 2025 so would cost considerably more than the fee for Rabiot. Whether Casemiro can be persuaded to depart the European champions for a team in the Europa League this season remains to be seen.

Casemiro is badly needed in the centre of their midfield if (IF) they can get him. Still desperate for a striker.

Casemiro is a different class to Rabiot. He’ll want significant wages too.

They do seem to be a little “scattergun” if the reports are true. Why try for Rabiot if Casemiro was an option?

Maybe it's sheer panic driving them to look at players who they think aren't well settled at their current clubs, hoping that that means they'll be easier to recruit. When that fails and they have nothing left to lose from taking longer over it, they get a bit more focused. Either way they're in a world of pain right now.

Shame innit.

Why would anyone playing for a top side want to take the step down from the CL to play for a side getting spanked by Brentford? Their strategy has been nuts, they should have been scouting all the world's top kids, like they used to, like Chelsea do, and like we've been getting better at. Someone who starts for Barca isn't going to want to play for them, and if they do they'll want double the money. That much should be obvious. How do their exec keep their jobs?

Casemiro is a different class to Rabiot. He’ll want significant wages too.

They do seem to be a little “scattergun” if the reports are true. Why try for Rabiot if Casemiro was an option?
Rabiot has the best ball winning stats in Europe bar none. How that would apply to the PL is anyone's guess.

They seem to overestimate their pull.
They should take a more sober approach and sign more up an coming players like we do.
They should look to the Championship. Right level and players that would say yes immediately (or maybe after considerable thought because Stoke, Hull and Luton may be considered more attractive at this moment in time).

Its great to laugh at United but we haven't won a game yet either. Nunez is out, and Salah looks predictable. Klopp is looking at the kids for solutions rather than the transfer market despite him loaning out some of the promising talents. I know Klopp will turn it around, but by then we will be seeing who the best place runner-up will be

Fuck me - AS saying they’re trying for Jao Felix now

lolz on lolz

Its great to laugh at United but we haven't won a game yet either. Nunez is out, and Salah looks predictable. Klopp is looking at the kids for solutions rather than the transfer market despite him loaning out some of the promising talents. I know Klopp will turn it around, but by then we will be seeing who the best place runner-up will be

This season right now - don't indicate runner-up status, more like fighting for that last CL position. I think people on here will get a rude awaking when the real state of the midfield is found out against teams we are supposed to beat home and away.

Basically @Frogfish - One thing I've learnt in life is that you don't mess with the dark arts. There maybe be factors here beyond your understanding ;) it seems I'm not alone here in my fears. Bin the thread or lock it or something. I'm not going to be held responsible..... I wonder what a curious redcafe patron would say if they see this thread? If there is such a person. Here's a message directly to you. Your club is a fucking shower and it's hilarious. LOCK IT NOW!!! :D

Last edited:
So you are aware @Wet WetDreambeliever posted a non-match thread that we'd smash Real Madrid, at that point I knew we wouldn't win. When he posts with his chest all out we often lose.
I know Modo has taken the baton, let's hope it works.

The image of Dreamie posting with his “chest out”…. *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom