• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man Utd Watch - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
So I'll admit - There is a slight schadenfreude element to this thread. I'll also admit that it's a little childish but then again I really love watching those Red Devils implode. At least I have done over the last few years. I suppose that and coinciding with the Redmen being 'back on our perch' ..... Which let's be honest the two coinciding with each other has been glorious! I mean what a fucking shower they have become! :D

I'll also point out in the spirit of jinxy behaviour (and humility) - I know full well that it won't last but lets at least have a gander at their shitness while we can.

You just have to look at the Ronaldo situation. I mean WTF? The twat walked out of the ground (apparently 10 mins before the end) of their pre-season game against Raya Vallecano. He was subbed at half time and apparently left with eight others. Today the new coach (who I think is going to be very good for them by the way) Flipped! I mean, who does that?

Klopp would be fucking apocalyptic. He basically sacked Sakho for turning up late for the flight to the US a few seasons back and then openly admonished him (on camera) at Alcatraz of all places. He never played for us again. Quite right too.

Don't get me started on Pogba... I mean 89mill. Gone.... On a free!!! :D

Ok so I think it's fair to say that a lot on here have a bit of beef when it comes to those twats. Feel free to post your thoughts or stories. Here's the Ronaldo one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62408148

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag says it was "unacceptable" that several players, including Cristiano Ronaldo, left Sunday's friendly at Old Trafford against Rayo Vallecano early.
Ronaldo, in his first pre-season game, had been replaced at half-time.
He was pictured leaving with Diogo Dalot, who had sat in the directors' box with several players, all of whom left 10 minutes before the end.
"We are a team and that means you stay until the end," Ten Hag told Viaplay.
"This is unacceptable, for all those involved."
United drew the game 1-1, with Ronaldo unable to mark his return to action with a goal.
The 37-year-old, who returned to United last season after spells with Real Madrid and Juventus, is keen to move away from the club to pursue his desire to compete in the Champions League.
And he was allowed to miss United's pre-season tour of Thailand and Australia for personal reasons.
Ten Hag has previously said Ronaldo is "not for sale" and remains "in our plans".
New signings Christian Eriksen and Lisandro Martinez both featured for an hour against Rayo, in a game set up by Ten Hag for the players who were not involved extensively in Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Atletico Madrid in Oslo.
United open their 2022-23 Premier League season at home to Brighton on Sunday, 7 August.

Ronaldo wants out and is trying to pick a fight with the manager to force an exit. Ten Hag now has to choose between letting a player stay who will continue to undermine him, or disposing of his only real goal threat with virtually no chance of replacing him. Which would also undermine his authority.

I remain to be convinced by ten Hag even though Redcafe are creaming themselves and believe he's the second coming (after Ferguson).

He's been a good manager in the Eredivisie and did very well in the CL with a very talented Ajax team that was way better than this United team but still went out to Benfica (Nunez scoring the winner - a portent for United perhaps). He has not got the transfers he wanted ... and even if they get another couple in they are not looking likely to be the ones they wanted (De Jong and Antony).

The Strawman argument on The Athletic goes :
“Are you sure Erik ten Hag is a good manager? Or is he just the flavour of the month for the stats nerds on Twitter?”
“Yeah, he’s done all right at Ajax, but so did Frank de Boer and he was rubbish at Crystal Palace.”
“Ten Hag is not going to be able to hack it in England — the jump in quality is too big and the United is way too dysfunctional for anyone to thrive.”

Interesting that EtH stated : “The qualities of the players determine the system, not the other way around,” He's about to find out how true that statement is.

The days of being even remotely bothered about those has beens are well and truly done.

Bringing Ron back in the first place was a monumentally stupid decision. Now it's really reaping its rewards.

The guys only been in a job a month and is already having to criticise his players for walking out.

They released Carvani, Grant (old keeper), Lingard, Mata, Matic and Pogba. They are stuck with Greenwood until he can be sacked.

They’ve sold Pereira for £8m and they want to offload Telles, wan-Bissaka, Jones and Bailey but no takers. They are not generating any significant sales!

Henderson has gone on loan and is talking trash about the club

So far Martinez and Malacia are the only inbound players despite them having the cash.

Not sure if Erickson is sorted yet?

Oh and don’t forget they’ve confirmed Maguire is still the captain lol

Hmmm Yeah - I see your point. I did put an anti jinx disclaimer in my opening post but I see no need to tempt fate. New Meltdown thread needed!

They released Carvani, Grant (old keeper), Lingard, Mata, Matic and Pogba. They are stuck with Greenwood until he can be sacked.

They’ve sold Pereira for £8m and they want to offload Telles, wan-Bissaka, Jones and Bailey but no takers. They are not generating any significant sales!

Henderson has gone on loan and is talking trash about the club

So far Martinez and Malacia are the only inbound players despite them having the cash.

Not sure if Erickson is sorted yet?
Telles has gone / is going to Sevilla I read.

Sadly Erikson took the money instead of going with his heart (Brentford).

Do you remember all the shit about Ronaldo having the right attitude, the winners attitude, he will raise the level of the team etc.

Don’t hear a lot of that chat now…

Do you remember all the shit about Ronaldo having the right attitude, the winners attitude, he will raise the level of the team etc.

Don’t hear a lot of that chat now…

He's a selfish prick who's only looking out for his champions league legacy

Ronaldo's royally stuffed now, isn't he? Cacked in his own nest at ManU but no CL club either seems to want him or will pay his wages.

There are clubs who will take him on, and pay him big bucks but not from a big league
[article]
Saudi club reportedly makes $300M offer to get Cristiano Ronaldo

BY DEUTSCHE PRESSE-AGENTUR - DPA

BERLIN JUL 14, 2022 - 3:25 PM GMT+3

218359.jpg

Man Utd's Cristiano Ronaldo in action during a Premier League match, Manchester, England, May 2, 2022. (AP Photo)

Cristiano Ronaldo has received an offer from a club in Saudi Arabia to earn 250 million euros ($250.28 million) over two years as part of a package worth an overall 300 million euros, according to Portuguese and Spanish news reports.
Ronaldo has a contract at Manchester United until 2023 amid speculation he could leave in the summer after United failed to qualify for the Champions League.
He has been linked with various European clubs but broadcasters CNN Portugal and TVI as well as Spanish sports paper As said late Wednesday that the 37-year-old now also has an offer from a not identified club in Saudi Arabia.
According to the reports, Ronaldo would earn 125 million euros in each of the two seasons, United would get a 30 euros million transfer fee and the other 20 million euros would go to Ronaldo's agent.
It appears unlikely that Ronaldo would go to Saudi Arabia as he seemingly wants to play at the highest level, which would include the Champions League, and the Qatar World Cup is only a few months away.

New United coach Erik Ten Hag has meanwhile insisted that Ronaldo is not for sale. Ronaldo is not with the team on their current Asian pre-season tour, for family reasons.
[/article]

I wonder if he’ll even start the first game? It’s all very funny. That said he probably will and will probably score…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom