• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Man United Vs Man City

Prefix for Poll Threads

Outcome tonight

• City win

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Man U win

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't make an army of deserters. That's kindof the point.

Haven't deserted anyone. I'm just not going to wildly clap and believe when all logic points the other way. THAT is lunacy.

It doesn't mean I support them less. I just think City will win it. And I'm probably right.

When you drag yourself to the realisation that Barça will beat us and City will win the league - the rest of the season will be less of a disappointment.

I’m in Halmeister’s Army.

I think Spurs will win the CL.

It's mad. We'll probably finish on 97 points, have one defeat in the league, go on a great run in Europe again...

...and it'll be the shittest season for me personally. I don't think I'll be able to stomach it.

You don't think our support was an actual, objective factor in winning that game?

Narrowly losing at the very highest most competitive level isn't "the worst." Our club was owned by a bank and we had hodgson as a manager.

This is utopia, as he would say.

No. Not really. It might have been a passing thought im a couple of the players minds for about 5 minutes and gave them a little inspiration. The fans didn't drag the ball over the line 3 times and the fans didn't save those pens or freakishly yank Dudek's arm in front of Shevchenko's shot. Istanbul was a sporting miracle. The exception. The anomaly amongst endless routine results and performances.

In any case, that's irrelevant because that's not what I'm getting at. I even said a few posts ago that I support them to the hilt and the fans should continue to do so.

But that's in the stadium.

A sad bunch of men squabbling on an internet forum don't affect what goes on on the pitch.

It's mad. We'll probably finish on 97 points, have one defeat in the league, go on a great run in Europe again...

...and it'll be the shittest season for me personally. I don't think I'll be able to stomach it.
You'd prefer it if we were scrapping it out for 5th or 6th place, presumably?

I thought you being a gloom mongering merchant of doom was to stop yourself getting down? Doesn't sound like it's working!

If, IF, we don't do it, then there's always next season. This isn't 13/14 where it always felt like a desperate lunge for glory in the dying throes of death from a side on its way out, this side will be as strong next season, possibly stronger.

Yes it'll hurt if we don't do it, but fuck we've been boss, & we'll be boss again next season too.

Possibly like you, I’ve resigned myself to stopping watching football from the end of this season as there is no joy to be had anymore.

All I have left are the bitter acidic tears of shattered hopes and dreams of what could have been.

Thankfully Game of Thrones & Avengers Endgame has eased my end of season desolation....

I thought you being a gloom mongering merchant of doom was to stop yourself getting down? Doesn't sound like it's working!

If, IF, we don't do it, then there's always next season. This isn't 13/14 where it always felt like a desperate lunge for glory in the dying throes of death from a side on its way out, this side will be as strong next season, possibly stronger.

Yes it'll hurt if we don't do it, but fuck we've been boss, & we'll be boss again next season too.

The slightly disheartening thing is that we're up against this state-funded super-team who have frighteningly few chinks in their armour. there is very chance they will deepen the quality again in the summer. Yes, we'll continue to be boss, but we're a side absolutely worthy of winning silverware and the league title in particular, but we're in an era where we're up against an almost unbeatable opponent. *sigh*

The slightly disheartening thing is that we're up against this state-funded super-team who have frighteningly few chinks in their armour. there is very chance they will deepen the quality again in the summer. Yes, we'll continue to be boss, but we're a side absolutely worthy of winning silverware and the league title in particular, but we're in an era where we're up against an almost unbeatable opponent. *sigh*

Ha! I still think it isn't over until it's over, and I wasn't relying on the scum to do us any favours. I voted City win. I do wonder whether we're almost better chasing anyway until as close to the final hurdle as possible. The pressure in the last 3 games for us would almost be unbearable. There is obviously a tension in these games already, but that would be ramped up by a significant degree if we'd edged a lead at this stage. We're better chasing than leading until as close to the end as possible. Come on you Reds.

Seriously - get over yourselves. "There is no joy in this" is an abortion of a statement - we are on course for ninety fucking seven points. We may not win the league, but this is our best ever performance in the competition (even prior to the Premier League/Sky era), and we will have been beaten only by a state funded team that cost billions. How can you not enjoy our football & performances?

If you say losing out will mean the season is joyless, then logically you would be happier in mid-table with nothing on the line in the last few months of the season. If that's the case, maybe you preferred G&H to our current owners & Hodgson to Klopp, as the former guys were leading you to the promised land of mediocrity.

If you don't like close finishes and the chance of not winning, then maybe you should reassess what & who you chose to follow; there's a great little club across the park where you would fit in perfectly.

Sorry if I've offended some well respected posters here, but I'm fed up with the negativity that greets every little setback

Seriously - get over yourselves. "There is no joy in this" is an abortion of a statement - we are on course for ninety fucking seven points. We may not win the league, but this is our best ever performance in the competition (even prior to the Premier League/Sky era), and we will have been beaten only by a state funded team that cost billions. How can you not enjoy our football & performances?

If you say losing out will mean the season is joyless, then logically you would be happier in mid-table with nothing on the line in the last few months of the season. If that's the case, maybe you preferred G&H to our current owners & Hodgson to Klopp, as the former guys were leading you to the promised land of mediocrity.

If you don't like close finishes and the chance of not winning, then maybe you should reassess what & who you chose to follow; there's a great little club across the park where you would fit in perfectly.

Sorry if I've offended some well respected posters here, but I'm fed up with the negativity that greets every little setback

I won't take any real pleasure or joy from the season if we don't win anything. That's the whole point.

That said, while we have all moaned and griped at times about the midfield set-up, lack of January signings, or dropped points against Everton and Leicester, and the defeat against City and blah blah blah, if we get 90-whatever points and still come second, it's not really fair to complain or point fingers or moan, we will have just been unlucky to be up against and exceptional team with unlimited funds.

We've lost ONE game all season. Our defence and attack has been outstanding and our overall form and collection of points amazingly consistent. So I won't celebrate or be happy or satisfied with second, but I won't grumble either.

I won't take any real pleasure or joy from the season if we don't win anything. That's the whole point.

That said, while we have all moaned and griped at times about the midfield set-up, lack of January signings, or dropped points against Everton and Leicester, and the defeat against City and blah blah blah, if we get 90-whatever points and still come second, it's not really fair to complain or point fingers or moan, we will have just been unlucky to be up against and exceptional team with unlimited funds.

We've lost ONE game all season. Our defence and attack has been outstanding and our overall form and collection of points amazingly consistent. So I won't celebrate or be happy or satisfied with second, but I won't grumble either.

Exactly.
Imagine wakening up today as a United fan and remembering that you cheered when your own team lost.

Damn right son.

That right there is Captain America's giddy optimism worthy.

#nospoilers
#dontworry

I have more respect for Man Utd supporters than Man City supporters in general.

I wasn't watching the match so I don't know what the atmosphere was like

Everyone bleating on about how 97 points is a great season.

No one remembers 2nd. In 2/3 years time onwards it will forever be consigned to multiple pub quiz questions.

Which team...

That's what stings. The fact that in every season bar this and last - we'd have walked away with it.

I have serious doubts that we can produce a super human season like this again.

We don’t have Cities squad.

Ha! I still think it isn't over until it's over, and I wasn't relying on the scum to do us any favours. I voted City win. I do wonder whether we're almost better chasing anyway until as close to the final hurdle as possible. The pressure in the last 3 games for us would almost be unbearable. There is obviously a tension in these games already, but that would be ramped up by a significant degree if we'd edged a lead at this stage. We're better chasing than leading until as close to the end as possible. Come on you Reds.
I was thinking myself that if citeh dropped points the last thing I wanted was the coach welcome & premature celebration before Huddersfield. Not that I thought it'd make us fuck up against them, but ramp the pressure up massively for the next couple.

Of course the best possible way to win it to stop any chance of that being an issue would be for Brighton to take points off them & us to win it last game of the season, but fuck knows it'd probably kill me in the process.

Here's one for you to get pissed off about, we probably have a bus painted up just in case that all the opposition fans will get to laugh at when the photos leak.

Meh fuck it, better a painted up bus that's never used than no chance of a bus at all.

I'm still hoping for one more twist too, does Brendan become a hero if Leicester manage something?
Yes. He fucking well does. If he does, I want a rafatollah style fucking picture of him (yes the one from his house) carried through the streets during the open top bus parade.

Meh fuck it, better a painted up bus that's never used than no chance of a bus at all.

I'm still hoping for one more twist too, does Brendan become a hero if Leicester manage something?

Short answer- YES! I think he may end up being included in one of those banners of former mythical heroic managers. That Shankly and Paisley in the clouds meme will also get another outing.

Sanchez touch map from yesterday. He was on for twelve minutes

otl9s6K.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom