• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man of the match - Game 30 - Stoke City - Away - C1CSF1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morse

Very Active
Honorary Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35155369
Top 3 please.
Liverpool

• 22 Mignolet
  • 02 Clyne
  • 04 K Touré
  • 06 Lovren (Milner - 34' )
  • 18 Moreno
  • 23 Can
  • 21 Lucas
  • 24 Allen
  • 20 Lallana
  • 11 Firmino
  • 10 Coutinho (Ibe - 18' )
Substitutes

• 07 Milner
  • 09 Benteke
  • 32 Brannagan
  • 33 Ibe
  • 34 Bogdan
  • 44 Smith
  • 56 Randall
Thanks.

1. Mignolet
  2. Clyne
  3. Can
They all played for each other tonight. Great heart from the lads.

Lucas: complain as much as you like, but my god he's a superb pro.

Can: he's maturing.

Ibe: crucial goal.

Debits:

Mignolet must be the most blatant time waster there's ever been. The idiot.

Clyne has no idea how to distribute the ball in their half.

Allen
Lucas
Toure

• I thought Allen was brilliant today and very inventive with his passing, read the game really well.
  • Lucas was very good throughout and it could not have been easy just slotting into defense with someone who is part-time for our club.
  • Toure - he defended really well and in many ways watching him tonight made me feel more safe than watching our regular defenders. Seems to be stronger against bigger opponents than our regular lineup(s).

Allen
Toure
Lucas

Not a fan of Allen but he was superb today. Toure was also a leg with lucas a close 3rd.

Can
Allen
Lovren

Lucas gets an honorable mention

=============
Can was great. Looking more and more like a proper leader.

Good performance overall from Firmino, but it's so frustrating that he just can't buy a goal despite all the effort and obvious quality. Would easily be MOM if one of those shots found a target.

Did I not say earlier that Lucas and Allen might surprise a few people tonight? :)

Shame about Lovren – I thought he had a terrific game up until the injury, absolutely spot-on reading of the game and tackling and probably the best I've seen him play for us.

Ibe extremely frustrating despite the goal. He has all the tools to dominate, but doesn't know how to use them.

Lucas - not many can step into a very unfamiliar role and hold a team that have been tearing the league up
Allen
Toure

Toure
Lucas
Allen

Can was very close - he's been on a great run recently. Pity Lovren got injured as he started very well' continuing his latest form

Excellent team performance, everybody played very well...................

Can 9/10 - Ran the game
Lucas 8/10 - very average first half, faultless second half
Toure 8/10 - Stunning performance given how little he has played this season.

1. Toure - heroic performance, ran himself ragged and still struggled on because we'd used all our subs.
2. Lucas - as others have said, meh in the first half but his second half display was the best I've seen from him in dog's ages.
3. Can - hopefully beginning to develop into the player some of us have always thought he can (no pun intended) be.

Allen just missed out on my top three.

Love it when there are votes for so many players, and all of them are perfectly reasonable. We found a backbone last night. Can we keep it going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom