• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mac Allister

Top 10 best players in the Prem currently? Shouldn't have been too difficult.

Just look at the Liverpool team minus Gakpo.

How come we don't sing the Mac song chatgpt came up with? That tune fucking rocked.

I love how the pass is already made before the opposition even have a chance to close him down.

Is the MF trio of Endo, Mac and Endo our first choices, if so how often have they started matches?

Is the MF trio of Endo, Mac and Endo our first choices, if so how often have they started matches?
Endo, Mac and Endo? I'd probably say none, could be wrong though.

Endo Mac and Szobo on the other hand, I can only recall the Sheffield Utd game (Mac played pretty poorly as the #8 in that game).

One thing I love about Mac (and Jones for that matter) is they can receive a dog shit pass in a high risk area of the pitch and it they can just deal with it and keep the ball safe. They can play in most areas and it makes such a difference in how we can progress play and maintain possession.

View: https://twitter.com/OptaAnalyst/status/1768586059611275503

As we noted last June, in Mac Allister’s last season at Brighton he was a monster at winning possession in the first part of the campaign (pre-2022 World Cup), doing so on average 8.9 times per 90 minutes. That reduced to just 4.9 per 90 after the World Cup as he was expected to be more expansive and focused on attack.

With Liverpool, he has averaged 6.6 possession wins per 90, suggesting Klopp is finding a hybrid version of the two Mac Allister’s from his time with the Seagulls. It has gone down from 7.1 to 5.4 per 90 since his move to a more advanced role last month.

He is making nine extra passes per 90 at Liverpool in this year’s Premier League (65.2) than he did at Brighton last season (56.2), with a marginally higher completion rate (87.5% to 87.2%). He is largely doing so in pressured circumstances; Mac Allister has been pressured on the ball – a defensive action in which a player whose team is out of possession moves to close down an opposing player in possession – more often than any other Liverpool player in the Premier League this season (544) while only 15 players in the whole league have been pressured more.

His ability to stay calm under that pressure – not just when taking penalties – has been a key feature of Klopp’s revamped midfield. Of players to attempt at least 1,000 passes in the Premier League this season, only eight have a shorter average distance to the nearest opponent than Mac Allister’s 3.2 metres.

Mac Allister has been involved in 148 open-play attacking sequence involvements in all competitions, with the five teammates ahead of him all either playing consistently as a forward or an attacking midfielder. His 86 involvements in the build-up to a shot is the most of any other midfielder.

In terms of his own off-the-ball work, he’s getting used to Klopp’s beloved counter pressures, with only Dominik Szoboszlai (187) and Mohamed Salah (172) making more than his 145 in the Premier League for Liverpool this season.

View: https://twitter.com/scottjwillis/status/1768699481359278166
Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
It’s mad how two months ago many were underwhelmed by him.
You see surprised at how many on this forum write off players early in their LFC career only to have to eat their words.It happens with nearly every player we sign, and they then justify themselves with "yeah, but back then there was no evidence to suggest he'd come good", totally ignoring the repeated and overwhelming evidence that is the judgement and coaching of Klopp & co.

In informed you thusly

& top it off he's a genuine humble down to earth guy who has the most innocent of smiles.

Defo not your typical south american player.

Yep. Love this guy - been saying it to my mates and anyone who will listen for several months now that Maca is my favorite player. Unbelieveable will to win, coupled with skill, great engine, strong tackle, awesome through-ball, blistering shot, etc. All wrapped up in a humble, quiet spoken package. Quite frankly its stunning how transformative his introduction to the midfield has been. Along with Endo and Szoboszlai he has taken us from a team struggling to reach 5th place to a potential league winner. (Although to be fair he only had to be better than a burned out Hendo and Fabinho to make us better.) He's what we were screaming for last season when Klopp couldn't see the need for different midfielders. Klopp out.

He's the type of player we love.. opposition hate.

If you ask rival fans they'll tell you he makes a meal of every little touch.

But fuck em.. he's ours

Yep. Love this guy - been saying it to my mates and anyone who will listen for several months now that Maca is my favorite player. Unbelieveable will to win, coupled with skill, great engine, strong tackle, awesome through-ball, blistering shot, etc. All wrapped up in a humble, quiet spoken package. Quite frankly its stunning how transformative his introduction to the midfield has been. Along with Endo and Szoboszlai he has taken us from a team struggling to reach 5th place to a potential league winner. (Although to be fair he only had to be better than a burned out Hendo and Fabinho to make us better.) He's what we were screaming for last season when Klopp couldn't see the need for different midfielders. Klopp out.
Give him 'til the end of the season, FFS...

& top it off he's a genuine humble down to earth guy who has the most innocent of smiles.

Defo not your typical south american player.
I think South Americans are usually very much “down to earth,” whatever that means. Many footballers from there actually grew up in poverty and don’t take their wealth for granted.

Endo has released Mac Allister but his time at six has likely benefitted him. He's more impactful off the ball at 8 then he ever was for Brighton. He's becoming more dominant in all areas, frankly. Even at his best for Brighton and Argentina there was an element he was a cog in an effective machine. If his form continues he can become a super star. It's a shame Szobozslai and Mac Allister haven't both been in brilliant form at the same time, and as both favour the right sided eight there will likely be some level of compromise when both are starting.

This is quite gay and also exactly how I've felt since the start of the season

Worst possible timeline: Alonso relentlessly chases Macallister to be his first signing for Madrid summer ‘25

Back
Top Bottom