• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis Suarez Interview With Jamie Carragher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too many people care what Modo thinks. It's not the least bit amazing how he annoys so many by repeating his opinions over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, often in threads which they have f'ck all to do with.

Far too many people care what Modo thinks. It's not the least bit amazing how he annoys so many by repeating his opinions over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, often in threads which they have f'ck all to do with.

Just as long as it's not something negative about Lucas or Mignolet.

If you could take Carra (2005 form) or Suarez back for the next 5 seasons who would you take?

I reckon Carragher has been harder to replace. Christ we are still trying to replace Sami.

Yes you are, but if you'd really take Carra - for all his definite excellence - ahead of Suarez, there's nothing even I can do for you.

Signed Christ.

If you could take Carra (2005 form) or Suarez back for the next 5 seasons who would you take?

I reckon Carragher has been harder to replace. Christ we are still trying to replace Sami.

Carragher was top class during the Benitez years.
But Suarez was world class.

No-brainer.

There were plenty of posters on Koptalk who didn't rate Carra. 'Will never be good enough'.

Mind you, many of the same posters also didn't rate Kuyt.

Most of them changed tune over the years when it became bleedingly obvious how wrong they were.

Most people who don't go to games don't have a clue how good anyone is. Blame Sky for having 27 camera angles in every 20 seconds of action. You get no idea of positioning, movement, reading the game. It's fucking shite.

Most people who don't go to games don't have a clue how good anyone is. Blame Sky for having 27 camera angles in every 20 seconds of action. You get no idea of positioning, movement, reading the game. It's fucking shite.

Beats the radio though.

Suarez over Carragher is not a really hard decision. I know the value of a brilliant defender like Carra, and how much we miss him (and a few more of his quality) in a defence that currently includes Mignolet, Sakho, Toure, Moreno, Lovren etc.

But Suarez!

Hmm. I think having lots of angles, replays and player cam options can give you a decent understanding of a player's qualities. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate everything a player does when you only view it from a distance live at the match. It's almost certainly combination of the two that would give you the best idea of a player's quality, which is why almost everyone uses DVDs, OPTA stats and actually attendance of live games when scouting players.

I never notice a player's position if they don't have the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom