• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

London drinkies? (Tue 6th March - CL 2nd leg vs Porto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gone to Paddington 2 yet?

I'm taking my daughter tomorrow to see it.

Has anyone gone to Paddington 2 yet?

I'm taking my daughter tomorrow to see it.
Misted took Molly, they both really enjoyed it.
The first one was a lovely family movie.

Yeah the first one gets a regular airing on Netflix in ours. Or the first 25 minutes of it do anyway, before she gets bored and starts climbing on my head or some shit.

It's ace.

Really enjoyed it, the entire family did.

The first one took us by surprise, me & Bex thought it'd be shite but it was a very good film.

The second is equally good, partly due to Hugh Grant's incredibly versatile but occasionally self-deprecating performance & partly due to just being that rare wholesome family film that is entertaining for all ages.

I know Lion King word for word coz that's what was out when my eldest was about two and he seemed to watch it daily, but I don't mind coz it was sound.

Harry Potter though. Not for me.

Now that film seems to be universally loved by everyone.

I would watch it, but now my children are probably the ones who would veto it

Yeah reviews seem to be good.

I'm not really expecting Schindlers fucking List like, but anything that avoids me having to sit through Frozen again I'm all for.

This should be a seperate thread really.

'Best Shit Kids Movies You're Forced To Endure On Repeat'

Toy Story 2 by a fucking mile.

I got dragged along to Jumanji (new) in the holidays. "Not as horrificallycuntingappalling as one could have reasonably expected"

That the one with The Rock in it? Fuck that.

Someone talked me into watching "Ballers" (have i got that right?) recently cos it's "funny as" so I settled into some season of it on a flight back from somewhere of late.

I hated every single second of it.

This should be a seperate thread really.

'Best Shit Kids Movies You're Forced To Endure On Repeat'

Toy Story 2 by a fucking mile.
The ardmaan duo of Pirates (an adventure with Scientists) and Flushed away are both fucking brilliant.

That the one with The Rock in it? Fuck that.

Someone talked me into watching "Ballers" (have i got that right?) recently cos it's "funny as" so I settled into some season of it on a flight back from somewhere of late.

I hated every single second of it.
Don't forget, aided and abetted by Jack Black and that midget Kevin Hart too...good grief

I'm pretty sure most (almost all) of my happiness was gleaned from realising that my boy is now old enough to cry laughing at willy jokes, and people getting whacked really hard in the face with frying pans/bats/other people...

I don’t like Harry Potter. Gave up on the first book many years ago after a few chapters.

But as Oncy says you end up watching the movies with the kids. I’ve seen three or four of them. They’re kinda boring. It’s the sort of twee Englishness of it that grates.

I'll be very disappointed if I come into Lahndan for a drink and don't meet @Spionkop69

How can we have a 'knees up' as you Cockney types call it without Spion?
Ha! I can't make this as I'll be flying back from Dallas that night. I'm now frantically checking flight times and time zones to see if I'm in the air during game. Bad planning

On the plus side, I'm meeting up with @Whaddapie while I'm there. I'll be trying hard not to celebrate the Eagles super bowl victory in front of him! Ah fuck it they've won loads we've only won one!

I'm a definite, work trip confirmed and train tickets books. I haven't booked a hotel yet as waiting to see what pub we'll be watching from, so don't end up too far away (considering could be a late one if extra time & pens).

Is there a preferred part of London for people? I'll happily look into best venues - and ideally one we can book a table at if it isn't Famous Three Kings..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom