• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

London drinkies? (Tue 6th March - CL 2nd leg vs Porto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a preferred part of London for people? I'll happily look into best venues - and ideally one we can book a table at if it isn't Famous Three Kings..
Anywhere that's near a tube station works for me.

Potential venue - The Clapham North. Decent pub that has a bunch of TVs for watching the footy on.

The Roxy in London Bridge/ Borough could be fun. Huge screen - bit of a cinema lay out but good atmosphere?

Central is probably easiest for all. So options are probably:

The Roxy (london bridge)
Famous Three Kings (west ken)
Belushis (london bridge) - have heard it is good in there for footy

Guys, can't we reorganise for a game that has more riding on it? QFs has a nice ring to it.

Guys, can't we reorganise for a game that has more riding on it? QFs has a nice ring to it.
That would make a lot more sense. That first leg has kinda scuppered the idea.

I won't make it for QFs as only in London for 6th March, but that's cool. I'll do another one sometime.

We could always do both? If Jon numbers is in town i'm happy to meet up. Also means we are highly unlikely to all leave bitter that we have been knocked out.

The Roxy in London Bridge/ Borough could be fun. Huge screen - bit of a cinema lay out but good atmosphere?

Central is probably easiest for all. So options are probably:

The Roxy (london bridge)
Famous Three Kings (west ken)
Belushis (london bridge) - have heard it is good in there for footy
London Bridge is the one.

Last time i was in London Bridge I was being evacuated from the tube station and just as I was approaching the Tooley St exit i got a BBC News notification saying "terrorist incident taking place at London Bridge"

Luckily i'd been to the driving range in Greenwich and was armed with a Driver & 7 Iron so felt relatively comfortable once I heard that the assailants were merely knived.

Anyway - sounds like we are set on London Bridge for 6th March.

Belushi’s is nice but when I last went there like a year ago it was more of a wine bar than a proper pub with atmosphere?

Belushi’s is nice but when I last went there like a year ago it was more of a wine bar than a proper pub with atmosphere?

Yeah - that is my perception of Belushis but I was suggested it was good for footy by a mate.

You around on the 6th Ijg?

Yeah - that is my perception of Belushis but I was suggested it was good for footy by a mate.

You around on the 6th Ijg?

I’ve moved out of London now mate but I think I might actually be working there around then so will definitely come along if I am. I can let you know for sure when I know mate.

I’ve moved out of London now mate but I think I might actually be working there around then so will definitely come along if I am. I can let you know for sure when I know mate.
Vague.
Maybes.
Might be.
IJ ain't coming.

London Bridge 7pm
I'll be wearing a full kit including shinnies

So who is on the actual guest list?
Me
Bristow
Red Astaire

Anyone else?

Cool! Is that where we went when Jon numbers got his phone calls ignored? :)

I can't remember where we were for that one. I think it was a bit more niche. Wasn't there a lady in a red dress we all fell in love with too and thus missed half the game?!

I can't remember where we were for that one. I think it was a bit more niche. Wasn't there a lady in a red dress we all fell in love with too and thus missed half the game?!
Oh yeah! 'The Lady In Red' She was yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom