• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

lol Coutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he were happy to become a rotation player than I'd have him back. He can play either one of the roles in the front 3 or that attacking slot in the CM trio. We need depth. I wouldn't like to see big cash laid down but we know he can perform consistently in the PL

When you see him play now he always looks pissed off, like Torres did. I don't think you come back from that. Maybe he could but I'd rather be went through the Man United deskilling machine and ended up on the bench at Sunderland

Ha Ha, you so nasty man !!!! but yeah - I think after that experience his 'dream' is shattered, nothing will ever be the same. But it raises a bigger question - why do these cunts feel they need to go to Barca / Real Madrid still ? - it all comes down to where they come from and the only way we can overcome such bollox in the future is to continuously "OWN" that CL competition so the rest of the world who regard it as the main club competition are just fed with LIVERPOOL FC, LIVERPOOL FC - season after season. That way every young fucking cuntinho, suarez, masha and other South Americans dream about playing for LFC.

It's not a big shock that people from South America would rather play at the biggest Spanish clubs... Culturally, langauge, climate, coverage, history - it makes loads of sense. But those clubs are ruthless in a way we aren't, and the fans are never happy... so I think the likes of Coutinho didn't realise how good he had it. He's probably gutted that he's had his chance and now needs to find happiness another way. That kind of blow will take quite some time to get over I think.

It's not a big shock that people from South America would rather play at the biggest Spanish clubs... Culturally, langauge, climate, coverage, history - it makes loads of sense. But those clubs are ruthless in a way we aren't, and the fans are never happy... so I think the likes of Coutinho didn't realise how good he had it. He's probably gutted that he's had his chance and now needs to find happiness another way. That kind of blow will take quite some time to get over I think.
He was at Inter Milan which is no small club. But the other danger of course is that we sometimes give these players to much sunshine ip their arses and it gets lost on them that maybe they are curently doing so well because the fans are not on their backs and the current manager is playing them in a way that gets the best out of them, rather than them playing that well without the environment of their current club surroundings.

Once the Messi factor is gone Barca sink back to the level of another just another european team and their academy is going through a dry period apparently. At the moment playing with Messi is still an attraction, I'm sure there are one or two foolish players out there that think they can be some sort of successful successor to him! But once Messi retires they lose a measure of aura about the club. I'm not going to lie I was a little worried they were going to nab Firmino but seeing Bobby lifting No. 6 I and seeing the struggles of his pal Couts I think that idea will have been put to bed. Bobby is loved at Liverpool whilst Couts get whistled regularly by his own fans.

Once the Messi factor is gone Barca sink back to the level of another just another european team and their academy is going through a dry period apparently. At the moment playing with Messi is still an attraction, I'm sure there are one or two foolish players out there that think they can be some sort of successful successor to him! But once Messi retires they lose a measure of aura about the club. I'm not going to lie I was a little worried they were going to nab Firmino but seeing Bobby lifting No. 6 I and seeing the struggles of his pal Couts I think that idea will have been put to bed. Bobby is loved at Liverpool whilst Couts get whistled regularly by his own fans.

Yeah true, I think the original Ronaldo warned Coutinho about Barca and advised not to leave as Barca have a habit of not giving Brazil players the full respect they "need" apparently. Could be something to do with partying etc.. I recall Rivaldo having a hard time there too, even though he scored like loads of goals but at that time they were not winning titles and had not done for nearly 5 years until Ronaldinho arrived.

Hes won 2 leagues and a cup in 18 months, its not exactly the disaster some people are making it out to be. He doesnt look like hes enjoying himself much, but he doesnt look broken the way Torres did, not yet at least. I think Torres, much like Sturridge in the last 2 seasons, had broken physically to the point where he was just never 100% comfortable on the pitch. Coutinho is not there, he could easily move to another club and jump start his career again. I dont think it will be us because I dont think Klopp wants him.

Hes won 2 leagues and a cup in 18 months, its not exactly the disaster some people are making it out to be. He doesnt look like hes enjoying himself much, but he doesnt look broken the way Torres did, not yet at least. I think Torres, much like Sturridge in the last 2 seasons, had broken physically to the point where he was just never 100% comfortable on the pitch. Coutinho is not there, he could easily move to another club and jump start his career again. I dont think it will be us because I dont think Klopp wants him.

And we'd never pay what Barca will want for him. Which will be at least 100m.

But these kind of players want to win shit and feel they win it... not like Messi win it for them. What do people remember of Phils contribution in those titles? Probably nada.... Origi, Mane, Salah and Firmino can all applaud their contribution in our CL together with the rest of the squad.

There is winning shit and feeling part of it, and then there is winning shit and feeling like some charity case passenger - I would say he is the later. All of our players that were part of our squad this season from the main bench boys to the first team boys have all played some part (discount Ox, and Brewster) with specific moments, take Shaq's crosses, Origi Goals, Keita giving some performances, Gini moments, Hendo moments - fuck at times it felt we had a team of match winners. I doubt - in the season and half that Coutinho has been at Barca, he even had a moment of respect from the Barca fans that we showed to Sturridge in the single game against Chelsea away.

I think he'll be used in a swap deal for Neymar. If Neymar continues to kick up a fuss they may entertain Coutinho plus £50/60M thrown their way.

He didn't win anything although he has the medals. He could have with us. He may do elsewhere in the future but tie is ticking ....

I wouldn't have any issue if we were to re-sign him for the right price.

I don't really hold too much resent towards him.

Even though his behaviour wasn't professional when he forced the move - I understand it though.

It's Barcelona. Messi. I get it.

Unlike Suarez who was trying to force a move to Arsenal of all clubs.

I don't think Coutinho's actions truly reflect who is as a person - he seems quite reserved & grounded.

We all know how Barca operate in the window & can manipulate players to behave in a manner which forces the move.

I wouldn't have any issue if we were to re-sign him for the right price.

I don't really hold too much resent towards him.

Even though his behaviour wasn't professional when he forced the move - I understand it though.

It's Barcelona. Messi. I get it.

Unlike Suarez who was trying to force a move to Arsenal of all clubs.

I don't think Coutinho's actions truly reflect who is as a person - he seems quite reserved & grounded.

We all know how Barca operate in the window & can manipulate players to behave in a manner which forces the move.

I also don't have any deep animosity towards him – and neither does the club, as it seems. Klopp mentioned "Phil" in the same breath as "Bobby" and "Alli" when talking about Brazil's Copa America win; former teammates still clearly like him. It's just that for the price he's going to go for, there is a plethora of better options out there. Barca paid £105M rising to £142M for him; surely the minimum they would let him go for is around £90-100M. Phil's output last season: 11 goals (5 in the league) and 5 assists (2 in the league). No Liverpool fan in their right mind would chose Coutinho to play at LW over Mane now. And as a midfielder, he doesn't have enough work-rate and athleticism to complement the front 3 in most games, except in really easy games like Spartak Moscow or Maribor at home. It's exactly the same problem that's holding him back at Barca – he's a very good goal-scoring winger, but due to lack of pace he will never join the ranks of super-elite like Neymar, Mbappe or Mane and as a midfielder he's never produced the chance-creating numbers comparable to the best in the trade, players like Eriksen, Modric, prime Ozil, Iniesta etc.

Instead of Phil, we could get Van de Beek for around £50M – a Lampard-like goal-scoring midfielder who is also built like an ox and can hold his own as CM, Aouar for 50M+ – a player stylistically very similar to Coutinho, except for being a much more diligent defender and Havertz (next season, probably) for £80M+ – a phenom combining the work-rate of an elite CM and goal-scoring and creative prowess of an elite attacker. Each one would be a better fit for Klopp's team, hold a lot more resale value (the 3 players I mentioned are all between 20 and 22 while Phil is 27), and cost up to twice as little. Nothing personal against Phil, but there are better options out there; we made a killing selling him to Barca and there is no reason to be going back.

Last edited:
I also don't have any deep animosity towards him – and neither does the club, as it seems. Klopp mentioned "Phil" in the same breath as "Bobby" and "Alli" when talking about Brazil's Copa America win; former teammates still clearly like him. It's just that for the price he's going to go for, there is a plethora of better options out there. Barca paid £105M rising to £142M for him; surely the minimum they would let him go for is around £90-100M. Phil's output last season: 11 goals (5 in the league) and 5 assists (2 in the league). No Liverpool fan in their right mind would chose Coutinho to play at LW over Mane now. And as a midfielder, he doesn't have enough work-rate and athleticism to complement the front 3 in most games, except in really easy games like Spartak Moscow or Maribor at home. It's exactly the same problem that's holding him back at Barca – he's a very good goal-scoring winger, but due to lack of pace he will never join the ranks of super-elite like Neymar, Mbappe or Mane and as a midfielder he's never produced the chance-creating numbers comparable to the best in the trade, players like Eriksen, Modric, prime Ozil, Iniesta etc.

Instead of Phil, we could get Van de Beek for around £50M – a Lampard-like goal-scoring midfielder who is also built like an ox and can hold his own as CM, Aouar for 50M+ – a player stylistically very similar to Coutinho, except for being a much more diligent defender and Havertz (next season, probably) for £80M+ – a phenom combining the work-rate of an elite CM and goal-scoring and creative prowess of an elite attacker. Each one would be a better fit for Klopp's team, hold a lot more resale value (the 3 players I mentioned are all between 20 and 22 while Phil is 27), and cost up to twice as little. Nothing personal against Phil, but there are better options out there; we made a killing selling him to Barca and there is no reason to be going back.

The problem for Barca is that they is eager to get rid while we were eager to hold on. Who can afford such sum? United maybe... hope he don’t go there as he would improve them...

Not sure about his future. He is an awesome talent, but he need the right environment to blossom . He need to enjoy himself and his game. Now it is all about how he reacts to new challenge and how he fit in. It will be a step down regardless and if his head is gone, like Torres did, this can be a painful watch.

The problem for Barca is that they is eager to get rid while we were eager to hold on. Who can afford such sum? United maybe... hope he don’t go there as he would improve them...

Not sure about his future. He is an awesome talent, but he need the right environment to blossom . He need to enjoy himself and his game. Now it is all about how he reacts to new challenge and how he fit in. It will be a step down regardless and if his head is gone, like Torres did, this can be a painful watch.

We should encourage his move to Man United - they would be inclined to play him, and at the same time weaken their centre or left wing. I could not give a shit about his attacking ability - the point is - it is less effective in this league than in Spain except that defensive frailties are highlighted more in the PL.

[RMC Sport] | Coutinho's agent angry at Barça's double speech

Kia Joorabchian, Philippe Coutinho's agent, is annoyed by Barça's double talk about the Brazilian player as André Curry pushes to include him in the eventual transfer of Neymar

Kia: "As I told you last time, Pep Segura (Barca's football director) told me that Coutinho was not available for a departure from Barcelona."

Kia: "Josep Bartomeu (Barça president) told me the same thing last week in Barcelona, the president was clear: he had no intention of selling the player, to any club."

Kia: "With this speech, we chose not to look at the market for our player, out of respect for Barcelona's decision to keep him, so we have not offered the player to other clubs."

Kia: "But I learned, and it's a fact that André Cury (Barcelona recruiter for South America) is making a totally different speech, and André Cury is pushing for Coutinho to be included in the transfer of Neymar with PSG."

Kia: "As I told you, Coutinho has no offer from another club because we respected the decision of Barcelona, but they do not respect the word they gave us."

Kia: "I kept silence in this period, but it will not allow Barcelona to lie about the player. They must tell the truth! And if they want Coutinho to leave, they have to say it. And with the player, we will decide what is best for his future."

Last edited:
They still owe us 80M !!! Ouch....

Coutinho is a very VERY good player, on his day alongside Hazard was the best attacking midfielder in the league and for that reason Barca paid 140M...

It hasn’t gone well for him but due to the timing and manner of his departure I have very limited sympathy.

If he wishes to return he would strengthen us IMO but they will use him in the Neymar deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom