• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

lol Coutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a fucking cunt - why do you like cunts so much ?
The cunt was one of our best players before he left. I'd take him back. Just like I was ready to take Owen back before he picked Newcastle.

I wouldn’t entirely agree with this.

With Allison, VVD & Fabinho in the team - Coutinho’s presence wouldn’t have affected us as much in terms of being soft-centered.

If anything there’s a very good argument that the balance has swung too much towards solidity in Midfield - if you accept AOC’s injury affected presence & Keita’s inconsistent debut season.

Our results have dramatically improved since the January 2018 departure of Coutinho when the midfield balance changed towards solidity with Milner in his place; that's when we started performing at a Championship pace and reached back-to-back CL finals. To be fair, the arrival of Van Dijk was another huge factor and it's hard to separate those two changes as they both happened simultaneously. But sometimes we saw that imperfect midfield balance even with Van Dijk in the team – for instance first half at home against Southampton, when Shaqiri played the Coutinho role and Klopp hooked him at half-time (despite us winning).

This type of midfield balance leads to more see-saw type of game, where a small variable can tilt the balance towards one team or another – when a good team does it it can lead to some spectacular demolitions (Arsenal 5:1 game in December was one of the few games of this type Klopp allowed us to play this season), but also a lot more games where the result can genuinely go either way. Both Man City and us dominated the league by grinding out win after win; eliminating random factors and banking on their talent and tactical superiority to edge out slightly less talented and well-trained teams time and time again. When a team finally understands how to win this way (what Klopp calls "playing with maturity"), the winning creates its own momentum and confidence, which last season allowed us to go on the kind of unbeaten runs that were unimaginable during the times of "fab 4" – remember how we couldn't maintain the same level even from one half of the game to the next (Sevilla games in the CL, for instance)? We're operating on a totally different level now.

Our results have dramatically improved since the January 2018 departure of Coutinho when the midfield balance changed towards solidity with Milner in his place; that's when we started performing at a Championship pace and reached back-to-back CL finals. To be fair, the arrival of Van Dijk was another huge factor and it's hard to separate those two changes as they both happened simultaneously. But sometimes we saw that imperfect midfield balance even with Van Dijk in the team – for instance first half at home against Southampton, when Shaqiri played the Coutinho role and Klopp hooked him at half-time (despite us winning).

This type of midfield balance leads to more see-saw type of game, where a small variable can tilt the balance towards one team or another – when a good team does it it can lead to some spectacular demolitions (Arsenal 5:1 game in December was one of the few games of this type Klopp allowed us to play this season), but also a lot more games where the result can genuinely go either way. Both Man City and us dominated the league by grinding out win after win; eliminating random factors and banking on their talent and tactical superiority to edge out slightly less talented and well-trained teams time and time again. When a team finally understands how to win this way (what Klopp calls "playing with maturity"), the winning creates its own momentum and confidence, which last season allowed us to go on the kind of unbeaten runs that were unimaginable during the times of "fab 4" – remember how we couldn't maintain the same level even from one half of the game to the next (Sevilla games in the CL, for instance)? We're operating on a totally different level now.
The answer is Fabinho

https://le10sport.com/football/merc...elone-retour-a-liverpool-pour-coutinho-462005

EXCLU - Mercato - FC Barcelone : Retour à Liverpool pour Coutinho?

Publié le 20 juin 2019 à 17h46 par Alexis Bernard

Sur le départ au FC Barcelone, Philippe Coutinho intéresse plusieurs clubs de Premier League. Et Liverpool en fait partie…
Au terme d’une saison plus que décevante, Philippe Coutinho voit son avenir s’assombrir au FC Barcelone. Au point d’envisager plus que sérieusement un départ dès cet été, un an et demi seulement après son arrivée en Catalogne. Et les dirigeants barcelonais ne semblent pas opposés à son transfert.
Manchester et Liverpool pensent à lui

Selon nos informations, plusieurs écuries de Premier League seraient intéressées par la venue de Philippe Coutinho cet été. Chelsea en fait partie, mais son interdiction de recrutement l’empêche de pouvoir faire quelque chose. Manchester United est également là. Tout comme son ancien club de Liverpool ! Le vainqueur de la dernière Ligue des Champions n’a pas oublié celui qui a fait les beaux jours des Reds avant de partir, contre un chèque de 160 millions d’euros. Mais avec 12 millions d’euros net par saison, le dossier est radicalement différent de celui que Liverpool a eu entre les mains par le passé…

Google translate:

On the start at FC Barcelona, Philippe Coutinho is interested in several Premier League clubs. And Liverpool is one of them ...

At the end of a disappointing season, Philippe Coutinho sees his future darken at FC Barcelona. To the point of considering more seriously than a departure this summer, a year and a half only after his arrival in Catalonia. And the Barcelona leaders do not seem opposed to his transfer.
Manchester and Liverpool think of him

According to our information, several Premier League teams are interested in Philippe Coutinho's arrival this summer. Chelsea is one of them, but his ban on recruitment prevents him from doing anything. Manchester United is also there. Just like his former Liverpool club! The winner of the last Champions League has not forgotten the one who made the heyday of the Reds before leaving, against a check of 160 million euros. But with 12 million euros net per season, the record is radically different from the one Liverpool has had in the past ...

The answer is Fabinho

Rurik makes great sensible points as usual.

However - Coutinho never played with a spine behind him involving Allison, VVD & Fabinho - so any comparison isn’t going to be apples with apples.

The question is if you had the choice of the team that started the Champions League Final - which one would you pick out of Henderson, Keita, AOC or Coutinho to play in an advanced MF role.

Now I’d rather avoid a Henderson debate - but he offers the most robust option that would certainly press the hardest.

Coutinho offers the most attacking option.

I think Rurik’s right, for the record, about us “grinding out results” and I think you’re right to highlight Fabinho - but we also need something else in our weaponry to consistently challenge City - they have More creativity in MF to turn to when required than us.

We’re better in defence, we’re equal in attack, we have more solidity in MF, but they have more creativity in MF.

Greater creativity in MF along with greater strength in depth upfront and backup at both FB positions are the issues we need to address.

Now.... a fully fit AOC & settled, on-form Keita might address the MF creativity issue - but it’s an “IF” situation - Coutinho would solve the problem.

But.... he also did the dirty... so...

I'd take him back purely on the fact that he has a very good goalscoring record against Man City.

Games against them can decide a league.

He also will be coming back with his tail between his legs and used to being on the bench, so the odd games the front 3 need to be rested, we know we can do that with Phil in the team.

But he certainly wouldn't be a first teamer, and he certainly wouldn't be used in the midfield 3 for any game against a side that wasn't bottom 5 (at Anfield) material.

His biggest flaw for us was that he was a defense liability. With our front 3 plus him, made us very soft centered, I think the same shit was raised at Barca, he is not good or capable enough to get the ball back.

Watch him a couple of derbies or the man city 3-2 game and tell me he doesn’t know how to put in. Tackle

His biggest flaw for us was that he was a defense liability. With our front 3 plus him, made us very soft centered, I think the same shit was raised at Barca, he is not good or capable enough to get the ball back.

Watch him a couple of derbies or the man city 3-2 game and tell me he doesn’t know how to put in. Tackle

Watch him when we played Dortmund and see why we were two nil down early doors. Losing possession and not tracking back. He's a good player but if we hadn't already had him there's no way we'd consider him a Klopp player

Watch him when we played Dortmund and see why we were two nil down early doors. Losing possession and not tracking back. He's a good player but if we hadn't already had him there's no way we'd consider him a Klopp player
We also had Sakho on the pitch

The answer is Fabinho

There were plenty of games, especially early in Fabinho’s adaptation, when we looked less than solid in midfield with him. No player is a silver bullet; it’s all about teamwork in defense.

There were plenty of games, especially early in Fabinho’s adaptation, when we looked less than solid in midfield with him. No player is a silver bullet; it’s all about teamwork in defense.
Agreed. He was all over the place against Southampton (away). But that was largely due to the space vacated by Keita and Gini in that game and the huge ground he was asked to protect. Imagine Coutinho in such a game. We probably would have been a few goals down before we got our act together.

He'd have scored another worldie mind.

He's a match winner, and can unlock teams that sit back. And he would be a great rotation player in a team which now has a great spine to make up for his defensive flaws. I don't think he will be coming anywhere near us though to be a rotation player and I don't think we would be willing to pay what it would take to get him. So all in all its a moot point.

Ming, Moreno, Lovren et al at the back but it was all Coutinho’s fault we were defensively frail... even when he played on the left, right?

Come on guys.
Its true, even Barca have found that out. They turned up at this ground at Europe with a 3-0 lead, and got fucked over to the point where they had to take Coutinho off. Forgot the name of the team that did them but I know they went onto win the European Cup for the sixth time.

Bring him back . Fuck spending the same money on a gamble when you can have a guaranteed baller in coutinho , all he'd need to do is express regret in leaving and how he left and all would be forgotten and we'd have a boss footballer back at the club

Naw, he wouldn't be happy to regress. He'd be onto the next big Spanish Club (Real) or Serie A club to come knocking

It's a great cationary tale to our players - no way back. When you leave Klopp, you'll seem like mere mortals..

Reminds of of a few players who were bang average once they moved elsewhere.

No value for money. Get Ajaxs Ziyech for his buyout of 25 million instead and adapt him for attack mid. Coutinho will cost 70m at least.. Can even get fekir for 30m. Edwards and klopp will have better targets in mind.

Naw, he wouldn't be happy to regress. He'd be onto the next big Spanish Club (Real) or Serie A club to come knocking

It's a great cationary tale to our players - no way back. When you leave Klopp, you'll seem like mere mortals..

Reminds of of a few players who were bang average once they moved elsewhere.
Even before Klopp playing for Liverpool made some star players 10% better because of the adulation. Now with Klopp it's like players are like 25% better than they would be normally. Cant account for the players who were 100% worse though like Julian Dicks lol

I say we should negotiate a knock down price with Barca to let them know who has the upper hand now, offer the player his old contract terms back if he publicly declares he was a knob to leave and he's desperate to return. Then bring him over to Liverpool for a medical ...

.... and then rip up the paperwork due to the medical showing he has an undiagnosed back problem

I say we should negotiate a knock down price with Barca to let them know who has the upper hand now, offer the player his old contract terms back if he publicly declares he was a knob to leave and he's desperate to return. Then bring him over to Liverpool for a medical ...

.... and then rip up the paperwork due to the medical showing he has an undiagnosed back problem
...and top it off signing Fekir instead. FCB Full Circle Bobby them.

This is a great idea !!! - I like where you are going with this.

It’s very simple, if Klopp wants him we should get him.

Every other view is irrelevant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom