• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad move considering the space opened up with Danilo Pereira's loan move to PSG (€4m loan fee + obligation to buy at €16m). Potential regular & CL football. They'll have the money to get him permanently if he impresses.

Am I understanding it correctly that the domestic transfer window is still open until 10/16, so we can still theoretically sign someone like Sarr or a back-up keeper from the Championship? That's what I read in the Mirror – the only downside is that we won't be able to register them for the CL group stages.
Theoretically possible.

However we are right at the limit of home-grown players.

So unless we leave Shaqiri out/loan him out, we won't be getting anyone who doesn't qualify.

Not a bad move considering the space opened up with Danilo Pereira's loan move to PSG (€4m loan fee + obligation to buy at €16m). Potential regular & CL football. They'll have the money to get him permanently if he impresses.
.. and he gets to knock City out

So much for Pearce telling us all summer that we wouldn't entertain loan offers for him.

I am surprised though at the lack of a market for him. He's not a bad player.
I think it's because we didn't shift shaqiri as I'd imagine we expected to. 1 space left in the non-homegrown squad, so it's either let someone rot in the reserves on decent wages, or loan them out for shop window.

[article]Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United could get themselves a €40m bargain in Dayot Upamecano next summer.

That’s according to Sport BILD, who say that RB Leipzig star will be available next year due to a release clause in his contract.

The centre back was heavily linked with a move away from the German side this summer, with big clubs all around Europe all thought to be interested in his signature.

However, despite other stars leaving Leipzig for pastures new, he ended up staying and signing a new contract in July that will link him to the club until 2023.

That ended speculation about a move for now, but the newspaper says there is an understanding at the club that he will likely move next summer.

That’s because his new deal includes a €40m release clause and they believe that represents a ‘bargain’ for a player they describe as a ‘defensive jewel’.

Liverpool, Manchester City and rivals Manchester United are all named as ‘interested clubs’ for the 21-year-old.

Indeed, so convinced of a move are Leipzig they’ve already started planning ahead with the capture of Josko Gvardiol from Dinamo Zagreb, with it explained he will arrive next summer, ‘probably as a replacement’ for the Frenchman.

Of three named, though, it’s only likely two of them will be genuinely interested. Manchester City have already paid big money for Ruben Dias this summer, so it seems unlikely they’ll spend again next year.

Liverpool could definitely do with a new partner for Virgil van Dijk, however, while it’s been well covered that Manchester United’s defence needs a complete overhaul.

It’s easy to imagine both of them fighting it out for Upamecano next summer then, granted he enjoys another solid season in Germany.[/article]

I personally would look to do a swap deal with Brentford, Wilson for their keeper David Raya.
The keeper who fucked up in the playoffs by leaving such a gap at his near post that it invited the Fulham fullback to score from 35 yards out? Yeah let's get him. Also he just signed a new deal so thankfully we can move on. Next

Reactions: HC
It's a sad day when we are excited about Butland coming in on loan to replace Adrian.

it’s a sad day if we’re bringing in Butland; he’s been largely awful for over a season and made numerous cock ups last season which led to goals and was very patchy the 2 seasons before this.

reminds me too much of Joe Hart in that he appeared to believe in his own hype and hasn’t bothered to keep pushing himself on.

it’s a sad day if we’re bringing in Butland; he’s been largely awful for over a season and made numerous cock ups last season which led to goals and was very patchy the 2 seasons before this.

reminds me too much of Joe Hart in that he appeared to believe in his own hype and hasn’t bothered to keep pushing himself on.
That's what I meant. He's suspect at the near post

Honestly Adrian reminds me a bit of Joe Hart too. Lots of shouting and clapping only reveal himself as one of the major liabilities.

[article]Liverpool coach Vitor Matos has explained allowing Marko Grujic to join Porto on-loan this week.

The Serbian joined the Portuguese giants on a temporary deal earlier this week, despite Liverpool 's previous stance they would only consider a permanent exit for the 24-year-old.

“Marko had a very regular and consistent year on loan at Hertha Berlin and was at this early stage with us in which he played two official games," Matos told O Jogo.

“He played in both as a No.6 and, despite not being his most natural position, he performed very well.

“He's a midfielder who feels comfortable in a more positional game, but at the same time has a wide range of space.

“He has a good tactical culture and that allows him to be versatile in the functions of means in different structures.

“He's aggressive in tackling and has a natural ability to guide the ball through the interior.

“He was one of Serbia's greatest talents when he was signed. He never got room at Liverpool, due to the options for the positions, and at the same time the market opportunities that arose and allowed him more playing time."[/article]

[article]Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic has explained moving to Porto.

The Serb joined the Portuguese giants on a season-long loan.

He told Alo!: “Werder, whose coach [Florian] Kohfeldt is a great friend of Klopp, has been in the story for a long time, but I did not see a perspective there.

“Borussia [Monchengladbach] was a realistic option. [Valentino] Lazaro and [Breel] Embolo praised their coach, [Marco] Rose, to me.

“This attempt did not yield results, because they failed to sell the currently injured [Denis] Zakaria, but I believe that one day I will cooperate with Rose.

“I wanted to be at a stable, ambitious club that plays in the Champions League, and Porto is just that.

“While I was waiting for the flight to Oslo with the national team in Copenhagen, all the details with the 'Dragons' were settled.

“Immediately after the break, there will be a derby with Sporting, and then temptations in the Champions League – [Manchester] City, Marseille and Olympiakos. I believe that I will fight for a place with coach Sergio Conceicao and contribute to success.

“I am convinced that it is the right choice, and the Portuguese club were in a hurry to register me for the Champions League, which they did in the end."[/article]

[article]Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the loan signing of Ben Woodburn from reigning Premier League champions Liverpool.

The Wales international, capped 10 times for his country, links up with the Seasiders on a deal until 17th January and reunites with his former under-23 coach Neil Critchley at Bloomfield Road.

The versatile attacker, who has made 11 first-team appearances for the Reds, became Liverpool’s youngest ever scorer in November 2016, breaking Michael Owen’s long-standing record with a goal against Leeds United.

Nominated for Tuttosport’s prestigious European Golden Boy award in 2017, Woodburn also marked his breakthrough campaign by picking up Liverpool’s Academy Player of the Season trophy and being named BBC Wales Young Sportsman of the Year.

In recent seasons, the 21-year-old has gained further experience on loan with Sheffield United and Oxford United, lining up for the latter against Blackpool last season.

Ben Woodburn said:

“I’m really looking forward to being here and playing football again. Neil Critchley was a big factor in me playing for Liverpool and I feel as though he knows me as a player and I know him as a coach. Hopefully we can have a good connection and be successful on the pitch again.”

Neil Critchley added:

Ben is a young player with lots of ability and can play in a number of different attacking positions.

“In coming through the Academy at Liverpool, he has gone on to play for the first team and gained full international caps for Wales.

“I know the quality he can bring to the team, having worked with him previously. I am delighted to welcome him to Blackpool and to be working with him once again.”[/article]
[article]Cardiff City FC are delighted to announce that Harry Wilson has joined on a season-long loan deal from Liverpool, subject to completion of paperwork and international clearance.
Last term, Harry spent the campaign with AFC Bournemouth in the Premier League, hitting the net seven times in 31 league outings. Outside of club football, Wilson is Wales’ youngest ever international - making his debut for Cymru in 2013 at the age of 16 years and 207 days. The 23-year-old was involved in Wales’ recent internationals against Ireland and Bulgaria. To date, he has scored three times for his country.

His first Championship test came during a six month spell with Hull City in 2018. Wilson scored seven goals in 13 appearances for the Tigers - winning the EFL Championship PFA Player of the Month for April.

The following season, after signing a new five-year deal with Liverpool, he linked up with Derby County - and netted 18 goals in all competitions for the Rams, including 15 in the league and a 30-yard free kick against Manchester United at Old Trafford in the EFL Cup.

Speaking upon signing at CCS, Harry said: “I’m looking forward to getting started here. We had a few clubs enquire about me but as soon as I heard Cardiff were interested it was a place I wanted to come.

“The Welsh connection was a massive part for me. When I come here, I feel at home. I think the team and facilities we have, everything is built for a Premier League team.

“I’m determined to come here and do my best to help the Club get there.”[/article]

Last edited:
I hope he plays every game. There is no point going there and not playing as he can be training with better players here.

Harvey has looked very average to me. He used to have that arrogance to try a dribble or try a difficult pass when he just arrived. That's gone now.

Jones looks the real deal instead.

Harvey has looked very average to me. He used to have that arrogance to try a dribble or try a difficult pass when he just arrived. That's gone now.

Jones looks the real deal instead.
I think Elliot will become a more important player for us than Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom