• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Napoli - Match Thread - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be all over these second half. We're all over them now, once they get those video insights from the tactics team at half time about where to exploit they'll be golden.

As for Gomez being on, it's alright bemoaning it, but if we don't play him, & VVD does get injured, as we just saw a scary glimpse of, we're gonna want a gomez as close to match fit as possible!

Problem is whenever we play Gomez at rb we do look more vulnerable at times. He needs game time at cb, which will come

Problem is whenever we play Gomez at rb we do look more vulnerable at times. He needs game time at cb, which will come
But with no other cover at cb we're at danger of him being thrown in with very little match experience & we've all seen how rusty he is.

Left work early to watch the game and come home to this. Up til the last few minutes of the half Napoli has done a great job keeping us wide and Alisson gets caught hugging the near post for a weak goal to put us down.

Need a strong 2nd half and pull this through. Can't miss this massive opportunity to clinch the group.

The ref isn't giving us anything and to be honest I don't see a reason why he should. We've had chances and haven't scored.
We just need to keep going. This is a "by the book ref". Every little push, pull or whatever is getting penalised and Napoli are just benefitting from it.

The ref isn't giving us anything and to be honest I don't see a reason why he should. We've had chances and haven't scored.
We just need to keep going. This a by the book ref. Every little push, pull or whatever is getting penalised and Napoli are just benefitting from it.
Erm, except the one against Virge before the goal.

We just need to keep going. This a by the book ref. Every little push, pull or whatever is getting penalised and Napoli are just benefitting from it.

I turned on the game in the 29th minute and so far i have seen nothing from the ref to blame for us being down.

Our right hand side has been pretty poor. Mo/Gomez needs to start offering more or we need to get Trent on.

Our right hand side has been pretty poor. Mo/Gomez needs to start offering more or we need to get Trent on.
Mo is having a poor game. Gomez is playing alright, but by God, we miss Trent's passing forward.

Didnt see the first half, was the Fabinho injury bad? Saw the highlights during the break and at least he walked off.
Defo need him against Everton.

It didn't look that bad to be honest. We're expecting a premier League ref here, we need to change our mindset.
It is what it is. Fair play to the lad, he's sneaky as fuck, and I'm not sure a PL ref would have caught it. He isn't looking at the ball at all, and throws his hip in. He's a midget against a colossus and few refs are going to give it, even though it is a foul.

Didnt see the first half, was the Fabinho injury bad? Saw the highlights during the break and at least he walked off.
Defo need him against Everton.
Nah, he was limping but it looks like something that he'll be able to shake off before the Everton game.

Sorry people... I am not a fan for Milner and Henderson when they are both playing in midfield together, we always seem to lack umph with them...
Gomez...Poor,poor,poor...Nothing going forward, and so lacking in defense... seems to have no awareness of plays around him.

What has happened to him..?

Sorry people... I am not a fan for Milner and Henderson when they are both playing in midfield together, we always seem to lack umph with them...
Gomez...Poor,poor,poor...Nothing going forward, and so lacking in defense... seems to have no awareness of plays around him.

What has happened to him..?
I think he's been OK defensively, but nada going forward. I would withdraw him at HT for Trent, 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom