• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Burnley - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's been an element of bad luck today and great defending by Burnley but also noticed that sometimes we get into this mindset where we thinking we have to score the perfect goal... That's what messed up Arsenal after they win their last league title... Just score any type of goal doesn't have to be beautiful

The thing with yellow carding keepers for time wasting - unless you red card them for doing it again, there's no point. Usually the yellow card just means, 'Carry on, now, you're safe'.

Wanker of a ref allowed Burnley to get away with their usual tricks. Nowhere near enough patience and imagination from us.

Really odd game. We pulled a few of these out of the fire this season but now we are in a reversion to the mean.

Gritty performance from Burnley we had more than enough chances to burry them it was one of them days at the office, but hey were on 93 points with 3 games spare .

Salah and Mane score a crazy amount of goals but I think part of that is more to do with the system than to do with their innate ability as strikers. For example Harry Kane is more of a striker than Salah, you pick Kane over Salah in any situation.
Anyways my point is that is amazing that we have done so well with goals but I feel we need a true striker in our squad for days like today

Let's not make out like Burnley put on a defensive masterclass and hoped for 1 goal from 1 chance.

We had 4-5 clear chances to put game to bed but Mo and Bobby both guilty of fucking up.

Nick Pope did pull 1 or 2 great saves which we couldn't have done anymore from but still.

Shite ref, poor finishing, boss keeper, but we should have won.

Ok, so we need to win our last three to get the points record.

We're more than capable, & we never do it the easy way.

Salah and Mane score a crazy amount of goals but I think part of that is more to do with the system than to do with their innate ability as strikers. For example Harry Kane is more of a striker than Salah, you pick Kane over Salah in any situation.

Good player though Kane is, Mo's two Golden Boots in a row and a place in the running for a third say that's a pile of @rse. Mo can do and has done Kane's job, but you put Kane in Mo's position and you're wasting your time.

What has happened to Firmino this season? Easily his worst at the club.

Finishing woeful, anaonymous 2nd half again.

Bar the club world cup where he practically won it for us he's been fucking abysmal, Sorry to say.

Good player though Kane is, Mo's two Golden Boots in a row and a place in the running for a third say that's a pile of @rse. Salah can do and has done Kane's job, but you put Kane in Salah's position and you're wasting your time.
Salah is a better player now than in that 44 goal season, cos he does so much more.

His assist plus goals record is unparalleled. Only one player has more assists & only one players has more goals (when I saw the figures last week). That is ludicrous.

I'm not sitting Salah isn't amazing footballer but..Salah is a converted striker, he didn't grow up thinking to himself "I'm a striker", even when we signed him it was to play as part of a front three on the wide side to help... No one expected him to end up as the main man that he has become. What I mean is that I feel is that would Salah get the same amount of goals if he was playing the typical striker role for any other team. I think the setup of this Liverpool team also plays into Salahs goal ratio. Salah and co create so many chances but just because they create a lot of chances doesn't mean that he has that innate natural skill of a striker. Salah is a better all round player than Robbie Fowler but if I had to bet on who would hit the target I would put my money on Robbie even if Salah has overtaken Robbies records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom