• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Arsenal - League Cup - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
73537369_10214467194889789_1791858023723958272_n.jpg

Ozil's skill tonight, two amazing bits of quality to create two goals

Hmmm.. when he did the backheel, he landed on the sidelines and sat there like a boss who'd just carved open Brazil in the World Cup. He's been a massive inconsistent wonky eyed cunt for Arsenal, let's face it. That one moment just about said it all about his success in England.

Jamie uses the word 'listen' far too often, Ferdinand does it too.

I am listening you divvy. Don't fucking remind me to do some thing I am already doing just to help punctuate your chat and try and add gravitas

Yeah, I think he was the one player who looked seriously out of his depth, a bit sluggish, not great technically and he seemed to cause the anxiety among the backline. Williams and Elliot were great.
Yep and Jones too when he came on. The ginger dude looked leggy which is strange considering he is what 17-18? I guess (understandably) he was very nervous. Nowt wrong with that. Best sort it out sharpish though. You're right. Williams and Elliot looked the part. Raw but clearly talented.

Williams has been quality, save the odd inexperienced lapse, he looks the part.
Thought he was great all night (bar getting done a couple of times which is what you expect from a virgin FB up against experienced attackers). Really tricky feet.

Cuz klopp didn't give a shit if we won or lost ... or at least it felt that way.
hope we don't draw city in the 1/4ers ... won't end nicely if this is the team we play them with!

Agreed. Will be good for the young ones to get through another round.
Oxford or Colchester in the next round will nice

Origi missed a fucking trick there - when asked which was the best goal he should have said "That twat with an OG"
That wasn't the only trick he missed ...
When asked "have you ever played in a game like that" he should have answered "didn't you watch the Barca game then" ? "I got two in that one as well".

Full-time ratings (half-time rating in parentheses).

Kelleher - 5.5 (4). No chance for the 2nd half goals and not much else to do. Saved the decisive penalty.
Williams – 6.5 (5). Overall a good debut. Didn't lose his head in a crazy game and grew in confidence, showed bravery in possession and quick feet. His crossing was poor, unfortunately, that was the one big downside.
Gomez – 6 (5). Untroubled in the 2nd half and a couple of moments of real quality.
Van der Berg – 4.5 (3). To be fair, improved after the horror-show of the first half and won his duels. Still don't want to see him play for the first team this season.
Milner – 5 (6). Incredible to see our most senior player make the worst mistake of the night. Didn't have a good game overall, but held his nerve to score both penalties and provide calmness and leadership despite being not at his best.
Lallana – 4.5 (4.5). Pointless performance. Moved further forward after Chirivella came on and didn't do anything in the more advanced position either.
Keita – 4.5 (5). Picked up a groin injury and was subbed early in the 2nd half. Yet another disappointing setback.
Ox – 5.5 (4.5). Incredible strike for the goal, but struggled to find a balance between being incisive and patient. Lots of unforced errors. At least he never stopped trying.
Elliott – 7 (6.5). Looked the most mature of our players, despite being the youngest. Didn't have a "wow" moment in the game, but made right decisions time and time again – a polar opposite of Ox.
Brewster – 6.5 (6). Didn't score, but impressed with his work-rate and led the line well. To be fair, he was up against the most incompetent senior backline I've seen this season.
Origi – 6.5 (4.5). Frustrating at times, but those 2 goals well-taken and absolutely vital.

Subs:
Curtis Jones – 6.5. Provided the patient and incisive link up play that neither Lallana, Keita or Ox could muster.
Chirivella – 6. Neat. Hope he's properly registered this time.

Klopp – 5.5. Lucky bastard.

Last edited:
One of my fav moments of the match was Brewster celebrating the fuck out of that first goal even though he didn’t score it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom