• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Reserves & Youth Team Goals/Highlights

Looks like Gordon would be more useful than Ox

Low bar. Would not mind if he got some opportunities from the bench with Salah going center from time to time. I would have predicted that for Harvey, this season too.

Looks like Gordon would be more useful than Ox
Yep Ox came on today and was promptly shite. I'd definitely rather see Gordon on the pitch. For Ox. his time is surely up though I've no doubt Klopp will keep him around since our options are severely lacking up front.

Has Ox lost his focus on football during his rehabs? He seems to have a lot going on outside football; just doesn’t seem the same player, much like Origi.

9ou8iilzfin71.jpg

Watched the Champions League Youth game Vs Milan.

We were lucky to get a win - our Keeper MotM by a distance - saved us from a humping - particularly in the 2nd half.

Nobody stood out for us - Kumeto, Bradley, Beck and Gordon all played.

We looked slack.

Watched the Champions League Youth game Vs Milan.

We were lucky to get a win - our Keeper MotM by a distance - saved us from a humping - particularly in the 2nd half.

Nobody stood out for us - Kumeto, Bradley, Beck and Gordon all played.

We looked slack.

Who was the keeper - Pitaluga?

Article shared by @Hass here

Hope we get the better deal!

"The move itself was financed by the departure of former Liverpool youth player Ethan Ennis, who has gone to Manchester United.

Ennis, also an attacking midfielder, left for a fixed fee of £750,000 with add-ons potentially rising to £1.5 million. As well as this, there was a sell-on clause inserted into the deal, which was negotiated by assistant sporting director Julian Ward. The terms with Newcastle for Clark are thought to be almost identical, The Athletic understands."

I'm starting to wonder if we're maybe hyping these kids too early. I mean the results aren't looking that good.
The score 1-3, the polish kid scored another.
Then suddenly Chelsea just turned it around. Finished 4-3.

Liverpool U23s: Pitaluga, Bradley (Gallacher, 63), Clayton, Koumetio, Beck, Morton, Bearne, Norris, Balagizi (Dixon-Bonner, 77), Musialowski (Corness, 85), Woltman.

So you've got the Brazilian FIFA u17 champion in goal.
Rush's brother/sister's grandson Beck at left back.
Bradley who gave away a pen during against Norwich.
Koumetio who was supposed to be great.
Morton who actually did well in the League cup.

Can't really fault the attackers. They did the business.
Gordon was missing for some reason probably because he's too good for that level.

Not sure if our u23 team is actually that good. They're 10th in the league.

I'm starting to wonder if we're maybe hyping these kids too early. I mean the results aren't looking that good.

Liverpool U23s: Pitaluga, Bradley (Gallacher, 63), Clayton, Koumetio, Beck, Morton, Bearne, Norris, Balagizi (Dixon-Bonner, 77), Musialowski (Corness, 85), Woltman.

Gordon was missing for some reason probably because he's too good for that level.

Gordon is in the squad for tomorrow.

Our youth set up is not at the level of City’s or Chelsea’s judging by the money invested and relative output.

But the last few years have been good regardless. TAA, Brewster, Hoever, Wilson, Kelleher, Jones, Elliot, Van Den Berg all good Championship to Prem level players.

Our youth set up is not at the level of City’s or Chelsea’s judging by the money invested and relative output.

But the last few years have been good regardless. TAA, Brewster, Hoever, Wilson, Kelleher, Jones, Elliot, Van Den Berg all good Championship to Prem level players.

Most of them joined us when they were 15-16.
Brewster from Chelsea
Hoever from Ajax I think
We stole Elliott from Fulham
Van den Berg from some Dutch team

It's not just City and Chelsea though, you kind of expect that. But Arsenal, Utd, Everton even the likes of Southampton and Villa

It's not just City and Chelsea though, you kind of expect that. But Arsenal, Utd, Everton even the likes of Southampton and Villa
Yeah, that's what I see too. I'm fine with LFC not being able to compete with the youth set ups in London and Birmingham, considering the population in those cities, but Everton?

Back
Top Bottom