• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

League won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a sign of how over-hyped the league is can be found in the fact that Everton, in spite of some shockingly bad results and performances, in spite sacking a manager and hiring one almost as incompetent, in spite of a succession of really poor runs of results, are still as high as ninth. NINTH! You can be THAT bad and still be nice and comfortable in ninth! Same goes for Newcastle in tenth. And Burnley, who are sensibly run but, let's face it, a mediocre side, are challenging for Europe. You wouldn't get any of that in the 'greatest league in the world'. In a genuinely top class league where the standard is high far outside the top four, a team like Everton would still be struggling against relegation.

It looks like Peppy-G will be putting out a (maybe the first) Billion Pound Team next season. Surely that will ensure a clean sweep of trophies. Thank goodness for FFP.

Things can change dramatically. I don't see teams showing City as much respect next season.

I also seen them bringing in a couple of more super stars.

Pep while failing in Europe, shits league titles.

It's almost an impossible ask

I think a sign of how over-hyped the league is can be found in the fact that Everton, in spite of some shockingly bad results and performances, in spite sacking a manager and hiring one almost as incompetent, in spite of a succession of really poor runs of results, are still as high as ninth. NINTH! You can be THAT bad and still be nice and comfortable in ninth! Same goes for Newcastle in tenth. And Burnley, who are sensibly run but, let's face it, a mediocre side, are challenging for Europe. You wouldn't get any of that in the 'greatest league in the world'. In a genuinely top class league where the standard is high far outside the top four, a team like Everton would still be struggling against relegation.

What? As if. That makes fuck all sense.

This league has more teams capable of beating other teams than ANY OTHER in the world. That's the fundamental proof of quality throughout the league, and shows in the variety of different champions.

Over the last 5-6 years we've seen four different sides win the title. Nobody has retained it.

Over the same period in Germany, Bayern Munich have won it.....every single year.
Over the same period in Italy, Juventus have won it.....every single year
Over the same period in France, PSG have won it 5 times out of 6.
Over the same period in Spain, Real and Madrid have swapped titles, apart from one year when Atletico won it... who are the only team other than Real or Barca to win La Liga since Valencia nearly 15 years ago.

So.....bollocks.

Yeah, Aguero, Fernandinho, Silva, Kompany were all there, struggling horribly until the magnificent Pep came to save them.
Although, in fairness to those players, they had actually already won the fucking title twice before Cuntiola arrived.

So what has actually happened at City, is that Cuntiola arrived at the richest club in the league, with the best players, who were already winning titles, and then spent HALF A BILLION POUNDS in just two seasons making them even better.
What a manager!

Look at how he reshaped that defence, amazing! Only Mighty Pep could have done that. A modest £300m spent on it, including £100m on fullbacks and the most expensive goalkeeper in the world, to replace the one he bought 12 months earlier.

And such bravery in his rotation of the squad, and use of subs! Against us at Anfield, he was clever and brave enough to have £200m worth of players on his subs bench.
What a genius!

The most expensive squad in the world and the team who spent the most money spent on players in summer wins the league.
What a triumph!

It's not "fashionable" to mock them. It's mandatory.
Fucking cunts who bought the title. Again. With a fucking cunt of a cheque-book manager who won the title with the best team and the most money. Again.

You've conjured up a narrative that I didn't provide. So you could shoehorn in some italics, capitals, and exclamation marks.

You're such a dick Brendan.

You've conjured up a narrative that I didn't provide. So you could shoehorn in some italics, capitals, and exclamation marks.

You're such a dick Brendan.

Oh dear. Try and remove the emotion and instead look at the data points.

Your post generated 2 likes. Mine generated 10.

While by no means conclusive, it indicates that my post is five times better than yours.

While by no means conclusive, it indicates that my post is five times better than yours.
Christ!

It wasn't a competition.

But seeing as you've initiated it, I just noticed that my like-posts ratio is infinitely better than yours.

And you're still a dick.

I'm hamstrung by very often making unpopular posts, which are true and accurate, but not designed to generate likes.

They're a happy accident, not the main aim.

180414083645-07-trump-syria-0413-exlarge-169.jpg

I'm hamstrung by very often making unpopular posts, which are true and accurate, but not designed to generate likes.

They're a happy accident, not the main aim.

What? As if. That makes fuck all sense.

This league has more teams capable of beating other teams than ANY OTHER in the world. That's the fundamental proof of quality throughout the league, and shows in the variety of different champions.

Over the last 5-6 years we've seen four different sides win the title. Nobody has retained it.

Over the same period in Germany, Bayern Munich have won it.....every single year.
Over the same period in Italy, Juventus have won it.....every single year
Over the same period in France, PSG have won it 5 times out of 6.
Over the same period in Spain, Real and Madrid have swapped titles, apart from one year when Atletico won it... who are the only team other than Real or Barca to win La Liga since Valencia nearly 15 years ago.

So.....bollocks.

The premier league is more competitive at the top. But that doesn't necessarily equate to this league having more teams capable of beating other teams. If that is the case, we should have had several teams win the europa league atleast which we rarely do.

I am not saying your wrong and Macca's point is correct as I dont have much knowledge of other leagues. Just want to point out that your post doesn't necessarily negate Macca's point.

The premier league is more competitive at the top. But that doesn't necessarily equate to this league having more teams capable of beating other teams. If that is the case, we should have had several teams win the europa league atleast which we rarely do.

I am not saying your wrong and Macca's point is correct as I dont have much knowledge of other leagues. Just want to point out that your post doesn't necessarily negate Macca's point.

At least we have a league in which the top teams can get beaten by other sides.

At least we have a league in which the top teams can get beaten by other sides.

This years Bundesliga table - number of losses for top 5 teams

Bayern, 3
Schalke, 7
Bayer, 7
Dortmund, 7
Leipzig, 9

Premier league table
City, 2
Utd, 6
Liverpool, 4
Spurs, 6
Chelsea, 9

City only lost to us and Utd. Bayern lost to Leipzig, Hoffenheim, Borussia M' Gladbach (all worse placed teams than us and Utd.)

We have played 33 games. Bundesliga teams have only played 30 games. So more chances to rake in losses. Again I don't watch those leagues but I don't think it is as clear cut as you make out.

Over the last 20 years, Bayern Munich have won the title 14 (fourteen) times, and been runners up three times.

Fourteen.

That's the least competitive league ever. They've won or come second 85% of the time.

Hardly worth playing

Over the last 20 years, Bayern Munich have won the title 14 (fourteen) times, and been runners up three times.

Fourteen.

That's the least competitive league ever. They've won or come second 85% of the time.

Hardly worth playing

My point being the premier league is more competitive at the top. I am not arguing that. But that doesn't necessarily equate to this league having more teams capable of beating other teams. The point you are making doesn't necessarily make Macca's point false.

The only real reason the Premier League is any different I suppose is because of what's gone on at Chelsea and City. Otherwise, it'd still be Utd winning the title each year. Maybe we'd have had one or two (probably not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom