• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Konate - Is he worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rest my case!

But then Chelsea would be getting a really good defender and we’d have a gaping hole in our defence to plug and everyone would go all Southampton and try to fleece us !!!

But then Chelsea would be getting a really good defender and we’d have a gaping hole in our defence to plug and everyone would go all Southampton and try to fleece us !!!
Considering he only plays part-time due to injuries, we get a glaring hole in our defense anyway . This way we get £70m and we could go and try to find the next VVD. @King Binny could probably give half a dozen defenders who could do the job in Central Defence

If Fofana went for £75m who was a known crock, and Ibou with out any shadow of doubt better, give me your market value of Ibou?

I know Chelsea paid £75m for him, but that was just their new owner whipping out his magnum dong. there was no other interest because that wasn't his market value, it was an inflated value that Chelsea was willing to pay, as per every other signing in the last 12 months. In this respect, do you honestly think Mudryk is worth £85m, or Enzo £106m, or do you think there was simply a club with shit tonnes of cash willing to pay it?

We paid big bucks for VVD because he was the best. Alisson was expensive because he was potentially the best, and has since proved himself to be the best around.

Considering he only plays part-time due to injuries, we get a glaring hole in our defense anyway . This way we get £70m and we could go and try to find the next VVD. @King Binny could probably give half a dozen defenders who could do the job in Central Defence

Half a glaring hole then.

Ok - who are the half dozen CB’s that could do the job at least as good as Konate and would be available for what ever price we get for Konate.

They need to be under 25, pacy, comfortable in possession, tall, strong, not injury prone, ideally with experience in the CL with an elite level ceiling - so before you say it - Lloyd Kelly isn’t as good as Konate - and played about the same amount of games last season as Konate - so he would be a possible addition - not a replacement.

The key is - you’re replacing Konate - Gomez & Matip are still back up - so if he’s not as good, all you’ve done is weaken the team and if he’s not as young, all you’ve done is potentially create a problem for another day in the near future.

It needs bumping... I knew few days he was missing from training. I'd be up for selling him now, but the fact we struggled to sign a 3rd MF gives me no confidence we can sign anyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom