• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help wondering whether Kloppo makes sure he's some distance away from others when he does those manic fist pumps, or whether it's others who steer clear until he pipes down. :D

they missed Klopp's best celebration
DYdppDO.gif

[article]“Jurgen himself once said that in the event that Joachim Low someday no longer wants to be the national coach and it would be possible for him do that [job], this is an option for him,” Kosicke told German outlet Welt .

But Kosicke says Klopp has no designs on leaving Liverpool any time soon, certainly not before the end of his current contract - and that no other club could afford him in any case.

“Liverpool would even like to extend it,” he added.

“[Jurgen] felt again at the recent celebrations [after winning the Champions League], what a great club Liverpool is, and that he is in the right place at the right time.

“Jurgen is currently not affordable. But it is difficult to measure the transfer fee in his case anyway.

"How is this going to work for a coach who has increased the club's value from nearly £900 million to just under £2.8 billion? That is not how it works.”
[/article]

Man wants a big shiny new deal. Pay him it
Does he ? - not sure, he definitely comes across as the type to stick to an environment that suits him rather than go for the "Elite" teams, where the league challenge is really non existent. Under such circumstances I just cannot imagine Klopp having any life in him ? - I think he thrives for that league challenge on a weekly basis even if it is exhausting. I mean like - you think about it - most of us here would be confident of winning a title if we were in charge of say:

Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, Man City, and Ajax ?

I mean what is the point of living ? - you just go there for the pay cheque.

Over many years as a Liverpool supporter I have been privileged to support the likes of Dalglish, Rush, Souness, Hansen, Clemence, Grobelaar, Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge, Paisley, Hollier, Benitez, Suarez, Gerrard, Hyypia and many more. But nobody stands out more than Jurgen Klopp - he has brought us a level of entertainment and purpose unknown since the days of King Kenny.
I only know about Shankly through my Dad and TV, but Klopp is surely closer to him than any of our other managers. He is such a breath of fresh air in the modern, cynical, moneyed game.

I became a Red the year Shanks arrived as manager, so I was around throughout his time. Their outward personalities are quite different - Shanks the sergeant-major, Klopp the Pied Piper - but they do have one or two things very much in common, notably a deep understanding of the importance of the collective ethos of a club and a team, building everyone up and binding them together into a single, focused structure.

I do agree about Klopp being a breath of fresh air, and there's widespread evidence for that in the number of supporters of other clubs who like him (even Mancs - perhaps especially them, actually, as they really wanted him at their club). but IMHO at the same time he knows exactly what he's doing and what effect he's creating. Shanks was the same. What you see is what you get/got with them, but it is/was directed at the same time as being absolutely genuine.

In a recent interview Klopp mentioned that he had to sign up for Twitter to watch some fan-created videos – in less than 24 hours his Twitter handle seems to have been unmasked. I give you @JNorb14. So far only 2 tweets: one trying to deny it's him, 2nd kind of confirming.

Last edited:
I'd bet that's fake. Comes from the Pep and Klopp video that came out where he said he had to already. Someone is tryna capitalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom