• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to prove he can consistently win trophies including league titles for that.
Bollocks. This isn't the 80's. I love where he's got us and the trophies will come but I doubt any team that's not backed like City will win titles consistently. To be up there as serious challengers for the PL and CL is good enough for me. Others may live in cloud cuckoo land.

Last edited:
Bollocks. This isn't the 80's. I love where he's got us and the trophies will come but I doubt any team that's not backed like City will soon titles consistently. To be up there as serious challengers for the PL and CL is good enough for me. Others may live in cloud cuckoo land.
We're as good right now as any time in our history, that's a fact.

Bollocks. This isn't the 80's. I love where he's got us and the trophies will come but I doubt any team that's not backed like City will win titles consistently. To be up there as serious challengers for the PL and CL is good enough for me. Others may live in cloud cuckoo land.

So you would happy if he stayed here for 20 years and won nothing. I’d rather stay in Cuckoo land then.

Bob said it best, “playing good football is important but football is about winning trophies”

So you would happy if he stayed here for 20 years and won nothing. I’d rather stay in Cuckoo land then.

Bob said it best, “playing good football is important but football is about winning trophies”
Yeah that's exactly what I said. FFS.

Oh, and try to understand "Give him a lifetime contract" is more an exuberant figure of speech than a literal request. Do you really think people think he should be signed up until he takes last last breath at 103 years old????

Exactly.

Although I don't think we should assume he'll live to that age. At least not until he's demonstrated consistent vitality through his 80s and 90s.

If we lose this CL final, I honestly do not think Klopp will be the same again. I mean 4 cup final losses ... 2 of them the greatest prize in world club cup football.

If we lose this CL final, I honestly do not think Klopp will be the same again. I mean 4 cup final losses ... 2 of them the greatest prize in world club cup football.
Actually it would be 3 European Cup finals for Klopp. It’s incredible how he’s done that as manager of underdogs in all those campaigns.

The record where you simply can’t acknowledge our current form as being exceptional.
“Not until we win copious trophies”. “Not until we do it all again next year.”
You have to be a bellend and add the tedious caveat. Doubtless you’ll do it again as a reply to this post.

The discussion was to give him a lifetime contract which is premature.

Nowhere did I say our form isn’t exceptional.

Oh, and try to understand "Give him a lifetime contract" is more an exuberant figure of speech than a literal request. Do you really think people think he should be signed up until he takes last last breath at 103 years old????

I would see it as as long as he wants it like Wenger or Ferguson and I still think it’s too early for that.

The discussion was to give him a lifetime contract which is premature.

Nowhere did I say our form isn’t exceptional.
Was the discussion really about giving him a lifetime contract? I mean really?
Or do you think that the poster was just using hyperbole to suggest that our current form was exceptional, and that the manager was a large part of that excellence?

Was the discussion really about giving him a lifetime contract? I mean really?
Or do you think that the poster was just using hyperbole to suggest that our current form was exceptional, and that the manager was a large part of that excellence?

That’s what it say so yes. Because if it was about our current form or him being a large part of it then it hardly needed a thread as everyone has been saying that for months now.

However considering Klopp spoke when he first came about winning a title in 4 years or leaving, then his contract renewal is topical and worth a thread.

I’ve been as positive about him as anyone on here. Fuck I backed us to make the final in Kiev and Madrid, I’m fully aware of the great job he is doing.

It doesn’t take away from the fact we need to win something and hopefully it starts next weekend.

What record? I love Klopp. I wouldn’t give him a life time contract though. That would be stupid based on what he has done so far.
What he has done so far hasn’t been sensational. He’s been incredible for this club. Doesn’t take much foresight to see that he would have to be the unluckiest manager alive to not win big things Over the years to come.

ffs
There really is no arguing with a dullard.

When I check SCM in the morning, time difference means most of the threads are updated with the dullard as the final poster. I go through a few, ignore, but can’t resist replying to one of the thicker posts. Then get accused of being a stalker. Most likely spelt as satlakre. It’s rough I tell you.

Dude, he has been in something like 8 finals and lost all of them. He will be fine.

There has to be a limit on a any human, where repeated losses when it really matters or counts would make one question themselves. Honestly ask yourself - how would you feel if you had lost like 8 finals having worked so hard to get to that position in the first place, and then get no reward.

I absolutely love Klopp and the way he managed the team. In the time we have not won the league - he stands out alone as one who does not hesitate to make changes to the team, and feels the pulse of the supporters like no other. He does not adhere to the GH and Rafa school of stubbornness - he adjusts and fixes those issues, and gets the right players in for his methods to work and at the same time playing football that we all enjoy. I so desperately want us to win the final - not just for the club but for him especially. There was an article in the Echo the other night about why this time might be different and his struggles int the last three cup finals and why we lost. But I have to say - I have serious issues with those reasons given, as I still think he could have done something different in each case - especially playing Lallana when Salah was taken off in last seasons CL final.

There has to be a limit on a any human, where repeated losses when it really matters or counts would make one question themselves. Honestly ask yourself - how would you feel if you had lost like 8 finals having worked so hard to get to that position in the first place, and then get no reward.

I absolutely love Klopp and the way he managed the team. In the time we have not won the league - he stands out alone as one who does not hesitate to make changes to the team, and feels the pulse of the supporters like no other. He does not adhere to the GH and Rafa school of stubbornness - he adjusts and fixes those issues, and gets the right players in for his methods to work and at the same time playing football that we all enjoy. I so desperately want us to win the final - not just for the club but for him especially. There was an article in the Echo the other night about why this time might be different and his struggles int the last three cup finals and why we lost. But I have to say - I have serious issues with those reasons given, as I still think he could have done something different in each case - especially playing Lallana when Salah was taken off in last seasons CL final.
This time is different, we are strengthening favourites (Spurs out to 3/1 last time I looked) but not only favourites as I truly believe we are winning this. Koop's got this.

Can you imagine if the likes of Edison and the Wright brothers were mates with ppl like DB, moron and Bluebell ? We would still be living in the dark ages and you lot will be discussing whose horse or boat you'd have to hitch onto Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom