1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Klopp no more?

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by JurgenKlopp, Aug 26, 2019.

1. JurgenKlopp

JurgenKlopp Very Active Member

2. keniget

keniget Part of the Furniture Member

I don’t think he has the energy to build another side here so it makes sense.

By that time Salah and co will be 30+.

3. Athens

Athens Greatest Bloke Ever [Citation Needed] Member

My kids better start behaving themselves by then or they'll be in for it the day that Stevie G takes over.

4. Tinto

Tinto Very Active Member

Maybe Xabi will be an option too by then?

5. dmishra

dmishra Well-Known Member

Klopp has always said he'd be here for about 7 years or so. That gives us a 3 year window to win as many trophies as he can. The majority of the squad is in the 25-28 age bracket, which means they should be in their primes for another 3 years easily. Hopefully, we should be able to win a PL title, a few domestic trophies and another shot at Big Ears.

That would frankly be amazing.

Only hope is that the next guy can pick up from where Klopp has left off. Perhaps it will be Lijnders?

I've never thought Stevie would be a good manager. I can see Xabi being an excellent manager though. Time will tell.

6. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

Lijnders crashed and burned in his only stint at management (back home in Holland) so far.  Can't see it being him TBH.  Like you I didn't previously see Stevie as management material, but he's surprised me at Rangers.  Whether that's adequate prep for the Liverpool job is another matter - Souey's not an encouraging precedent.

What a pleasant change it makes to have a manager who's going to be a problem to replace.

7. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

Nah. He covered himself :

"It looks like it. Who can now say if he can give it his all in three years' time?
    "If I decide for myself that I can't go on anymore, I'll take a break and in that year I'd have to make a definite decision [over my career].

*Straws.

Insignificance likes this.
  8. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

A pound to a penny says he won't take another club job after LFC.  The one management gig I could then see him going for is the German national team.  Otherwise I reckon he may well go into media work.

You heard it here first.

tommyboy, moron and jan like this.
  9. Squiggles

Squiggles Very Well-Known Member

I've said it before, but if the club can work out a deal where he takes a hear sabbatical then we should certainly go with it. In those circumstances, Lijnders would be fine in charge for a 12 month period. I suppose it depends on whether Klopp is looking to return home to Germany / whether he's burned out with football / whether the spark returns after a few months out / whats best for his family, etc.

I do think if he isn't finished with club football then he should stay with us and the owners should do anything possible to make it happen. Klopp currently is LFC and replacing him is fraught with danger. Gerrard should only be considered on merit. The Fowler and Dalglish returns were highly romantic and low risk, but this is different. The manager will be taking over an elite team on the top of their game, but will need redeveloping and shaping in their image. Gerrard won't be ready in three years for that. He'll have to prove himself in the Premier League to be considered for us. Hiring Klopp was the best decision FSG have made since they've been here. They'll need a equally good decision to keep us at this level. Let's hope there's a stand-out manager in waiting in 3 years time.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  10. Rosco

Rosco Worse than Brendan Honorary Member

If these comments are anything like his comments about Alisson's injury it means he'll be here for another 7 years.

11. JurgenKlopp

JurgenKlopp Very Active Member

He will go back home to german national job, or perhaps where it all started, Mainz. Failing that, I think he will just walk away for good and second time with his family, not even sure he will be a pundit or work in media as some have suggested. Lots of talk in the past of Bayern, but just can't see it. Hopefully we win it all before he departs, what a send off that would be.

12. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

It's weird that we've got into a position where we've got ourselves some of the best layers in the world, and one of the 2 best managers in the world. Considering where we were with the owl faced twat etc. If he left, apart from a direct replacement with that twat pep, I can't see how we don't slide backwards. Just look at utd, they're desperate for a good manager, but there isn't really any one apart from the above 2 that could guaranteed return them back to their glory days.

13. binomial

binomial Very Active Member

If & when that time comes, I'll wish him nothing but the best whatever decision he makes...if he decides to walk away from management & spend more time at home with family or take on another role in football.

I could see him doing some work for Sky Germany or MOTD equivalent in Germany

14. moron

moron i am legend Member

I agree with this.  Also, once you taste European football with LFC, I honestly cannot see that same manager wanting to manage another top European club, and if they do...it will never be the same.  

But to be honest it would be partly cuntish of him to leave then, as some of you have pointed out he would need to rebuild given the current age of our best players,  all he he could retain for his LFC release 3.0 from his current cinfiguration is Allison, Trent, and Robertson.

15. FreshRed

FreshRed Very Active Member

Ljinders may not have been ready. He is clearly strong tactically and supposed to be great on the training pitch.

He could not have a better role model for man & media management and taking pressure of players.

Would like to see him succeed and would be a throwback to the boot room, but maybe he give another go somewhere else first.

16. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

It is more to it than the tactics and off the field work. Klopp offers tons of other things in the role that is visible to the outside and not all can fill that role like Klopp. I guess Lijnders, like Buvac has, at the time at least more to offer behind the scenes. To jump after Klopp will be difficult. Everything will be measured towards Klopp and you need to be a strong character to cope with that constantly.

moron likes this.
  17. tombrown

tombrown Very Well-Known Member

You would have thought that the Shankly and Dalglish resignations will have taught them (*) this is the way to go ... though it didnt end up too shabby for Bill's replacement

(*) Obv not the same "them" ....

18. Brizzle

Brizzle Well-Known Member

I think the more he wins, the longer he stays.

19. moron

moron i am legend Member

Lets not all get luvy duvvy with Klopp so much.  At the moment he has won less than Rafa with better owners.  Yes he does a lot of good work for the club, but as a club we are an attractive proposition for many managers, and I would never be averse to the idea of taking Rafa back.

Modo likes this.
  20. juniormember

juniormember Well-Known Member

God no. The transition from Bill to Bob to Joe to King went brilliantly because they all followed the original blueprint.
    Rafa replacing Klopp would be a disaster in the sense that everything we’ve built under Klopp would be ripped apart.
    It’ll never happen, but I wish Gerrard would eventually quit Rangers and come into the coaching team at Liverpool to learn what exactly Klopp and his team do, with the view of taking over a couple of years down the line.