• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keita could be on his way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I’m wrong but I fancy our chances of top 4 very strongly even without replacing Coutinho.
I don't..

Spurs are strong..

Couple of injuries to key players.. We are fooked..

I'm also betting Origi will be recalled too if Sturridge leaves.

Not sure its really worth getting Keita now. He's cup tied and will need time to settle into a new country and league. By the time he's up to speed the season will nearly be over. Better off just waiting til the summer.

Nobody was saying Barca paying a big premium to bring in Cuntyo in January reeked of desperation. They wanted the player asap, and were prepared to pay more to make it so.
They want him now to get him bedded in for next season. They've practically won la liga already so are in a fortunate position to be able to do that. Its different for us as we are in a serious battle for 4th and can't afford any passengers. It took Ox 2 months to get into the flow and he's from this country.

I'd be a lot happier if he wasn't cup tied for champions league.

This is the problem isn't it ? - a few yellow cards, and/or injuries and we are fucked. We actually need more players - an attacker and a midfielder of sorts and also with Sturridge being sold we need a striker maybe. I am also quite content that we could actually get 2nd if we stay injury free but the issue is our attack will be completely blunt without Salah/Mane - if either of these two are injured or get a ban then we are fucked in the scoring department. Nearly all our goals have come from them working alongside Firminio. It's a real risky strategy for us. I actually don't know what the best course of action is.

They want him now to get him bedded in for next season. They've practically won la liga already so are in a fortunate position to be able to do that. Its different for us as we are in a serious battle for 4th and can't afford any passengers. It took Ox 2 months to get into the flow and he's from this country.
Yeh, Keita is a little better than Oxlaid.

Aren't city about to blow 30m on a player they can have for free in the summer.

They're running away with the league, haven't sold anyone and have a mental squad already.

I think we need it

Fuck knows if we get this guy or not in Jan, and I'm not sure I'm that fucking arsed about us waxing 20M for the sake of it, but I will say - and admit this is based on extremely little data - every time I've watched this kid play he's looked a fucking gem.

He looks just outstanding, and offers us enormous drive from midfield - which the talented but pedestrian triumvirate of Hendo, Can, Wijnaldum absolutely don't provide.

I doubt he's going to assist in controlling the tempo, slowing the game down where required, or even be bale to run a game properly - but he does on the other hand look like he'll fit right into Klopp's Liverpool side.

He's going to be superb this little cunt.

I read, if they finish top 4, we have to pay 66m (pounds) for him. Is this 13m on top of that? Meaning he is (effectively) an 80m pound player?

Fuck knows if we get this guy or not in Jan, and I'm not sure I'm that fucking arsed about us waxing 20M for the sake of it, but I will say - and admit this is based on extremely little data - every time I've watched this kid play he's looked a fucking gem.

He looks just outstanding, and offers us enormous drive from midfield - which the talented but pedestrian triumvirate of Hendo, Can, Wijnaldum absolutely don't provide.

I doubt he's going to assist in controlling the tempo, slowing the game down where required, or even be bale to run a game properly - but he does on the other hand look like he'll fit right into Klopp's Liverpool side.

He's going to be superb this little cunt.
Yeah I don’t think he’s got the intelligence to do the latter part of what you said, but he looks several steps above the midfielders we currently have. I was hoping we had a post-Coutinho plan but if not, I’d be happy bringing him in for a premium.

The market is fucked beyond belief.

This second half of the season we will be weaker without Coutinho so need strengthening & I actually agree with Klopp's stance on not buying players for short term.

CL qualification is worth 100m.

The 'race for fourth' is tight as fuck.

Add those facts together & this actually makes a fair bit of sense.

Signing Keita in January for 13-17 mill £ extra is a no brainer.

It doesnt reek of desperation but is a good move in a difficult January market.

Keita and VVD in and Coutinho out.
I’d say thats alright even if we dont get anyone else in.

Could he be the Keita how our season finishes? If yes, let's Naby silly and just splunk the cash.

This second half of the season we will be weaker without Coutinho so need strengthening & I actually agree with Klopp's stance on not buying players for short term.

I guess the flip side is it gives us another half a season to integrate him into the side. While I'm impressed with his Youtube videos, I get the sneaking feeling his integration into the Premiership will be different and might take some time, particularly with it being a more demanding role in terms of discipline.

Bring in not like we are short the cash and it means we don't have to buy a short term fix til the summer

Bring in not like we are short the cash and it means we don't have to buy a short term fix til the summer

We're more likely to buy a short term fix now. It's quite the opposite (even though I'm not against it) - this is obviously the short term fix. Buying in the Summer would be the sensible option, assuming our priority target isn't available now.

Which of course goes full circle to why it was so fucking stupid to sell now without a replacement ready to come straight in. If the replacement isn't ready until the Summer, then Coutinho should have stayed until the Summer.

I honestly think anyone of us teams in position 2 to 5 could finish in position 5 but worse is that the one who finishes in position 5 could end up winning the CL. Therefore 4th place dont guarantee CL. I think we need to finish 2nd or 3rd.

Jesus Christ Glen would you lighten up.
Lighten up? I'm not stressed in the slightest. Just saying how i see it. It would be unfair and asking a lot of him to come in and just gel straight away. He would need bedding in time getting used to a new country, new team and league which could take a couple of months. If he comes in the summer it would be a lot easier for him than coming now. We could get lucky and he may do a sturridge or coutinho and just come and gel straight away.

I honestly think anyone of us teams in position 2 to 5 could finish in position 5 but worse is that the one who finishes in position 5 could end up winning the CL. Therefore 4th place dont guarantee CL. I think we need to finish 2nd or 3rd.

Can anyone confirm that United will take our CL Spot if they win the CL?

Fucking relief that they are out of the League cup those bastards

I'm still struggling to get my head around these fees.

Not too long ago 15M represented a big money transfer. Now it's 15,20, 30M to appease a club over losing a player for 4 months or so.

Anyways, if 13M really is meaningless in today's game, we should get him.

Our midfield has been... disappointing this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom