• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH I'm not sure what we need in January. Whoever we get are likely to need time to settle and get up to speed, so they aren't a makeshift cover for Endo/Mo. so are more than likely to be eyed with a view for the long term / this season's run in.

Overall I can't see us making any moves in the market whatsoever ...

GK
For sure Adrian and probably Kelleher replacement with the highly rated Pitaluga stepping up. But that's for the Summer.

LB
Gomez is doing a BETTER job than Robbo or Tsimi and Beck (doing very well at Dundee -their best player fans have said) has been recalled for cups and backup. We're not going to buy a short term replacement for two injured players when our starting LB is due back in the next few weeks.

CB
Quansah looks to be the real deal. Klopp is making contract renewal noises for Matip. I don't think we'll make a move for anyone this window and even the Summer will depend on Matip's recovery and Quansah's form.

RB
Bradley looking good and I think we're waiting on Ramsey. It depends on how those two are looking form and injury-wise. And there's also Bajcetic.

DM
We went for Caicedo & Lavia and ended up with an excellent budget buy in Endo, but long term there's no doubt Klopp will be looking for someone for this slot (enabling Mac to move forward). This will likely be our big Summer transfer.

Midfield
See above. Not required with Mac. moving forward and with Jones and Gravy improving, to add to Szobo, Elliott and Bajcetic.

LW
Covered by Diaz, Nunez and Gakpo. Deffo no action here.

CF
Remains to be seen but deffo no January movement.

RW
Definitely need cover / long term replacement for Mo. Won't happen in January though.

January : RB perhaps. That's it.
Summer : DM, CB perhaps and RW perhaps.

TBH I'm not sure what we need in January. Whoever we get are likely to need time to settle and get up to speed, so they aren't a makeshift cover for Endo/Mo. so are more than likely to be eyed with a view for the long term / this season's run in.

GK
For sure Adrian and probably Kelleher replacement with the highly rated Pitaluga stepping up. But that's for the Summer.

LB
Gomez is doing a BETTER job than Robbo or Tsimi and Beck (doing very well at Dundee -their best player fans have said) has been recalled for cups and backup. We're not going to buy a short term replacement for two injured players when our starting LB is due back in the next few weeks.

CB
Quansah looks to be the real deal. Klopp is making contract renewal noises for Matip. I don't think we'll make a move for anyone this window and even the Summer will depend on Matip's recovery and Quansah's form.

RB
Bradley looking good and I think we're waiting on Ramsey. It depends on how those two are looking form and injury-wise. And there's also Bajcetic.

DM
We went for Caicedo & Lavia and ended up with an excellent budget buy in Endo, but long term there's no doubt Klopp will be looking for someone for this slot (enabling Mac to move forward). This will likely be our big Summer transfer.

Midfield
See above. Not required with Mac. moving forward and with Jones and Gravy improving, to add to Szobo, Elliott and Bajcetic.

LW

CF

RW
Definitely need cover / long term replacement for Mo. Won't happen in January though.

Agree with that.

The exception I would make, as I have said before, and based on previous history, is if we have identified a player for the summer and someone else is likely to buy them in January. If that is the case, we may get them early.

GK

LB

CB

RB

DM

Midfield

LW

CF

RW

Mostly spot-on, but I’m still nervous about the CB situation given our reliance on Konate’s fitness while Gomez is covering both full-back positions. And we’re losing Endo who could be emergency cover at CB until mid-February most likely.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Yes… I know… but it was also the joke in my first post - so I thought this was escalating into some sort of joke re-cycling whirlwind pile-on…

Besides I’m bitter at you harvesting the likes from it!!!!

We need defensive cover. One more injury and we're potentially down to the kids.

I'd love a forward and think we need one (long-term if nothing else) but Klopp is likely to continue to put his faith the current bunch so it's not going to happen.

Yes, I want us to sign this lad. Just go all in.
He looks like a skinny big piece of shit, 78M ? Fucking joke.
We need an LCB, and a midfielder string enough to play 6 and 8. Szob injury is bad for us big time, he is Klopps engine, we wont do well without him if we gonna continue the Trent experiment, and the pressing.

The only thing I can see is happening is a CB but given Klopp's comments re Joel then it seems highly unlikely. So I'm still expecting no-one signing permanently in this window. New loan for Carvalho to another German team and either a sale or last loan for Nat.

I really hope there is a defender (ideally a CB) who we have in our shortlist of the defensive rebuild and we pull the trigger early on bringing them in. We will be really pushing our luck if we think we can get through to May with just Virgil, Konate & Quansah across four competitions, with Gomez having to cover both full back slots.

I really hope there is a defender (ideally a CB) who we have in our shortlist of the defensive rebuild and we pull the trigger early on bringing them in. We will be really pushing our luck if we think we can get through to May with just Virgil, Konate & Quansah across four competitions, with Gomez having to cover both full back slots.
if we go for a defender it will most likely be Max from Wolfsberg.. available for £25m only 23. He fits that profile. Young, plays in the known leagues (we buy players from 4 leagues).

Unless Klopp decides that Gomez isn't a CB anymore, we won't buy another one.
We already have a 4 CB rotation, 5 counting Matip. We're just a bit unfortunate to have 3 injury prone CB's.

Unless Klopp decides that Gomez isn't a CB anymore, we won't buy another one.
We already have a 4 CB rotation, 5 counting Matip. We're just a bit unfortunate to have 3 injury prone CB's.
i agree, when you look at the size and Klopp wants to promote from within. I wonder if we wills see Gordon play some 1st team games?
@King Binny Are you able to find stats on our u21/reserves fwds please? Thnx
I was looking for kaide gordon's.. I couldn't find any for his u21/reserve appearances.

Last edited:
i agree, when you look at the size and Klopp wants to promote from within. I wonder if we wills see Gordon play some 1st team games?
Doubt it, Gordon will probably go out on loan.
Next up is Lee Clark's kid, I think. Not sure where he'll play though.

I guess that a few young players will go away on loan in January.

If players aren't getting the odd game in the first half of the season then they probably won't in the second half.

There are exceptions to this, but its a general rule.

Doubt it, Gordon will probably go out on loan.
Next up is Lee Clark's kid, I think. Not sure where he'll play though.

McConnell is an interesting one. Leads the Premier league 2 in most interceptions per game, 9.34, and has made the squad 3-4 times.
Looks a good talent that kid.

Reactions: dee
I guess that a few young players will go away on loan in January.

If players aren't getting the odd game in the first half of the season then they probably won't in the second half.

There are exceptions to this, but its a general rule.
I really hope so

McConnell is an interesting one. Leads the Premier league 2 in most interceptions per game, 9.34, and has made the squad 3-4 times.
That's good, but another indicator is how many youth international caps does he have?
Answer? Zero.
Clark has been involved from the u15s all the way up to the U19s. Could be nepotism though, I don't know?
But everyone who's been involved around the first team has at least a few caps (Chambers, Scanlon, Quansah, Doak.)

That's good, but another indicator is how many youth international caps does he have?
Answer? Zero.
Clark has been involved from the u15s all the way up to the U19s. Could be nepotism though, I don't know?
But everyone who's been involved around the first team has at least a few caps (Chambers, Scanlon, Quansah, Doak.)
reese has been called back with 0 game time. I wonder if Scanlon will get some opportunities? He looked going forward defensively not so much

reese has been called back with 0 game time. I wonder if Scanlon will get some opportunities? He looked going forward defensively not so much
Scanlon isn't built for prime time imo. He's just too small. Granted he's lightning quick but it's too early in his development.
Rhys Williams is unfortunately not good enough for top tier football. He's failed in pretty much every loan move he's had. Except at Kidderminster who played in the 6th tier of English football. Granted, he was like 18 years old back then but still, I just don't see it happening for him in the top and he'll be released in the summer.

Answer? Zero.

If you go through the list of players that get youth caps but don't have a career at top level its probably pretty massive.
I wouldnt worry to much about that if Klopp rates him.

Yep think he’s the best of the next gen. Him and Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom