• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 mill for Toney. The World has gone mad.

Miguel Delaney
@MiguelDelaney

Brentford want £100m for Ivan Toney Chelsea looking into challenging Arsenal for signing, but really need £160m in sales Brentford emboldened by fact strikers at such a premium

Miguel Delaney
@MiguelDelaney

Brentford want £100m for Ivan Toney Chelsea looking into challenging Arsenal for signing, but really need £160m in sales Brentford emboldened by fact strikers at such a premium
All I have to say is, GO GET THAT MONEY!

I'm 100% backing Brentford here, they have absolutely no reason to sell.

Miguel Delaney
@MiguelDelaney

Shows the desperation for strikers at the moment.
Mo must be worth 250m in today’s money.

Offer them the Salah 150 mill for Enzo, Colwill and Palmer.
Why? Enzo and Colwill have been mediocre to average. Palmer has been brilliant but they would want £100m now for him considering they paid £45m.
I hate to say it, but @StevieM was right, we are title challengers and keeping Salah would be crucial to that. He has so much more intelligence

Why? Enzo and Colwill have been mediocre to average. Palmer has been brilliant but they would want £100m now for him considering they paid £45m.
I hate to say it, but @StevieM was right, we are title challengers and keeping Salah would be crucial to that. He has so much more intelligence

What did you expect ? - @StevieM is a TOP TOP TOP RED !!!! He needs to change his username to TripleTopRed or something. He has a direct line to Henry/Linda - and I know he tells them regularly "John mate - no need to spend that money - Klopp will sort it, he'll play the tea lady if he has to".

What did you expect ? - @StevieM is a TOP TOP TOP RED !!!! He needs to change his username to TripleTopRed or something. He has a direct line to Henry/Linda - and I know he tells them regularly "John mate - no need to spend that money - Klopp will sort it, he'll play the tea lady if he has to".
I wish I had a direct line to Linda.

This is the way!!!

Maybe I am Linda!!!!

Miguel Delaney
@MiguelDelaney

In no other parallel universe would this sentence make sense : A club needs £160m in sales, so they've decided to bid for a £100m striker...

Tony is class. Injuries (and gambling) aside he'd get 20+ a year at Arsenal throughout a contract. I wouldn't be paying £100M given the circumstances but for £70-85m I'd wager he would prove himself worthy of the outlay.

Tony is class. Injuries (and gambling) aside he'd get 20+ a year at Arsenal throughout a contract. I wouldn't be paying £100M given the circumstances but for £70-85m I'd wager he would prove himself worthy of the outlay.

I think he is as good as you say but he has done it in a counter-attacking side, will he be able to do it at Arsenal who are very good in the opposition box. I think he would fit us perfectly we are possession based team but don't always fuck around passing in the opposition box.

I think he is as good as you say but he has done it in a counter-attacking side, will he be able to do it at Arsenal who are very good in the opposition box. I think he would fit us perfectly we are possession based team but don't always fuck around passing in the opposition box.

Yeah, Toney would have to change his game, but he's got all the tools. It would be a similar situation to Haaland, who had to change his game and keep central in the box rather than be involved in consistent end-to-end counterattacks at Dortmund. Toney is obv not as good, but there are not many flaws to his game either. Tall, strong, quick, good touch, good finisher. He'd bang in plenty if they had the cash available and give Arteta the option to go more direct at the end of games, too. I guess it depends on how much faith they have in Nketiah's development. If Toney arrives it would likely spell the end for him as a starter.

@moron
[article]
Liverpool make contact over €45M signing that agreed personal terms in July 2023
02/01/2024 09:53 | by Michael Mongie
Liverpool have made contact with Borussia Monchengladbach over the potential signing of Manu Kone after the Premier League leaders ended their interest in the summer.

Jurgen Klopp wanted to sign Kone in the summer as a replacement for the departing Fabinho but he ultimately missed out on the opportunity to move to Anfield due to a knee injury.

The injury has since healed and Kone is back to impressing in the Bundesliga which has led to Liverpool returning to the table as they search the market for a suitable defensive midfielder.

Bayern Munich make "initial offer" for Kone as Liverpool make contact
According to Spanish publication Fichajes, Bayern Munich are targeting a move to sign Manu Kone with fears at Borussia Monchengladbach that his €45 million (£38.9M) release clause is not sufficient to ward off interest.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-newsifier.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com%2Fanfieldcentral.co.uk%2Fimages%2F2024-01%2Fmanu-kone-borussia-monchengladbach-bundesliga-6593c933f21d7.jpg

Thomas Tuchel has personally recommended Kone to the Bayern board and the Bavarians are reportedly prepared to pay the required amount to trigger the midfielder's release clause.

"Pressure from Anfield" comes in the form of a Liverpool approach to Gladbach to "express their interest."

Klopp has been pushing the Reds recruitment team to identify a defensive midfielder he can sign to further rebuild the engine room after selling or releasing Jordan Henderson, Fabinho, James Milner, Naby Keita, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Arthur Melo in the summer transfer window.

Kione is an excellent player and would certainly be a fine addition in the no.6 role.

Kone agreed personal terms with Liverpool in the summer
In June 2023, Liverpool reportedly agreed personal terms with Kone ahead of a planned transfer before he suffered a knee injury at the 2023 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Georgia and Romania.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-newsifier.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com%2Fanfieldcentral.co.uk%2Fimages%2F2024-01%2Fmanu-kone-jude-bellingham-bundesliga-6593ce455bc8f.jpg

It stands to reason that Kone would still be keen to join Liverpool given only injury prevented him from making the move to Merseyside.

Time will tell if this is a transfer that develops but it's certainly one that holds promise for the Reds.
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom