• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=46797.msg1442205#msg1442205 date=1323698070]

Jesus. Faced with the prospect of watching the Lions in the playoffs, or watching us play in January with Hanie, I'm not sure what I prefer. And the only other realistic option is Dallas. It's some sort of nightmare. COME ON YOU CARDINALS!
[/quote]

Dallas are a 0.5000 team ... Our defense is average (we rely solely on Ware and Ratliff for pressure on the QB, and lack secondary playmakers) and our offense is extremely gifted but lacks consistency (and now, DeMarco Murray). I think we finish the season 2-1 to finish 9-7 ... Giants should pip us to the NFC East with that, and I think we'll miss out on the wild card too.

We'll get absolutely hammered if we make the playoffs, but I don't care.

8 wins in the bag. Our first non losing season this millennium!

Eli Manning is having a great season so far, although it kills me to admit it. Unlucky for him there are so many other story lines so he tends to get overlooked.

And how about Houston, third string quarterback, no Andre Johnson, no Mario Williams, only 41 rush yards from Foster, and they still manage a victory on the road against a decent Bengal team. Pretty impressive.

Seriously, it's not Tebow?

2entjqo.jpg

BOWL NIGHT!

Div II national title game this afternoon, followed by the first three bowl games of the season. That's only twelve hours of football then.

Packers losing, Bears losing, Giants losing, this is a great start to the day!

And a Colts win to ensure Millen's legacy as the most useless bastard in history isn't tarnished!

Go Lions!

Something i was wondering about the draft system and getting 1st pick if you are the worst team (or is that exactly how it works ? ) . I was watching ESPN and they were saying the Colts might not want to win any more games so they can get 1st pick next season and go for some QB who everyone expects to be #1 . So do teams actually do that near the end of seasons , try not to win so they get a better pick ? Seems the system could slightly encourage that .

It's an interesting point. In hockey/basketball there's still a percentage involved in getting #1 pick (you are more likely if you have the worst record, but it's a lottery) whereas in football there's not, it's purely record. That said, football records usually go down to the last week, so it's always very close.

It's changed now with the CBA, but in the long term it's a bit of a pain in the arse to have so many high picks. It costs a fucking fortune.

Calvin
Stafford
Suh
etc

We have to re-sign Avril this offseason, plus Tulloch. And next year's the small matter of Calvin.

I predicted long before Manning went down that the Colts would somehow get Luck. Interestingly, the Rams may now have the opportunity... bringing alive my Cowboys trade theory ;)

ohh yeah 9ers ....in ben's face !

Good win that , need to prove can beat a few big boys and then who knows what happens in the playoffs .

My question would be this..

If we have so little faith in Charlie Batch that a ridiculously injured and immobile Ben is deemed a better option when he could barely move outside of the pocket (his entire game) then why not fuck him off and sign someone else.
Fucking joke that was.

Why play Ben at all ?

You would have made the playoffs either way surely, it made no sense to risk him. Particularly against the most physical defence in the league ..... btw my 49'ers are looking much better this season.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=46797.msg1447789#msg1447789 date=1324392456]
Why play Ben at all ?

You would have made the playoffs either way surely, it made no sense to risk him. Particularly against the most physical defence in the league ..... btw my 49'ers are looking much better this season.
[/quote]Exactly Ross, hobbling around like a fucking paraplegic giant.....fuck sakes.
He should have been resting the fuck out of his ankle for the battle ahead.

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=46797.msg1447492#msg1447492 date=1324343353]
Something i was wondering about the draft system and getting 1st pick if you are the worst team (or is that exactly how it works ? ) . I was watching ESPN and they were saying the Colts might not want to win any more games so they can get 1st pick next season and go for some QB who everyone expects to be #1 . So do teams actually do that near the end of seasons , try not to win so they get a better pick ? Seems the system could slightly encourage that .
[/quote]

It's talked about every year but more often than not teams end up winning pointless games and costing themselves decent picks. Thing is, a high draft pick is good for the team, but decent stats are good for the players as most of them have heavy performance-related clauses in their contracts. Taking sixteen cuntings in a season leads to no bonuses and big-time charlie rookies on zoo dollars the next year (glances at a boy called Suh). The new cap mitigates that last part somewhat, mind.

I'd love a Crazy Jerry Trade, but the Rams have the Steelers and the 49ers. Although, with Ben as he is... Colts have Texans and Jags, both of which look winnable. The Rams need to lose both their games and have the Colts win both their games, as Indy have a far easier SoS ranking so far this season. I don't think it's possible for the Rams' SoS to go lower than the Colts', so they need to have a clearly worse W-L record. In fact, I'm pretty sure if the Colts, the Rams and the Vikes all end with the same record, the Rams will pick third.

Matt Flynn starting for Rogers...... 31/44 - 480 yds - 6 td's

Do you think he'll make any money next year? ::)

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=46797.msg1453806#msg1453806 date=1325454688]
Couple of bullshit calls ruined it.

Flynn was great though.

Matt is fantastic.

Calvin is Calvin.
[/quote]

Does that mean you get the Saints?

Back
Top Bottom