• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Is it still FSG out?

Prefix for Poll Threads

FSG OUT or IN?

• OUT

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • IN

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • WAIT AND SEE

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
My anger has subsided alot since last year..., They finally showed some willingness to spend. However pasts season frugalness which cost us titles I believe still are very raw for me.
Are they the worst owners? No not for me
Would I wish they sell up to someone wealthier with better vision? Yes

Last edited:
They are better 99% of the nutter owners out there. Plus, we can't afford to lose Klopp and the entire coaching team and this lot too.

I never wanted them 'out'. I thought it reactionary just because we had a poor season because a) we were knackered from the previous season and just 6 weeks Summer break and b) an horrendous injury list.

I never wanted them 'out'. I thought it reactionary just because we had a poor season because a) we were knackered from the previous season and just 6 weeks Summer break and b) an horrendous injury list.
They've held back on spending at the cost of CL places... remember the season when our back line was decimated which then forced us to play MFs in defence when which caused huge issues...It was not till the last day of the transfer window we got two dead beat players.
Last season we need MFs, if @moron and I could see that, so did most of the fan base. The released £40m only when we all know we needed more.
If it weren't for Klopp, their frugalness could have jeopardised the club as a big 6.

They've held back on spending at the cost of CL places... remember the season when our back line was decimated which then forced us to play MFs in defence when which caused huge issues...It was not till the last day of the transfer window we got two dead beat players.
Last season we need MFs, if @moron and I could see that, so did most of the fan base. The released £40m only when we all know we needed more.
If it weren't for Klopp, their frugalness could have jeopardised the club as a big 6.
FFP want a word with you.

No manager/owner has a spotless record. Considering where we were / what we've won / where we are now, personally I find it ridiculous and precious for anyone to talk about 'FSG Out'.

The test for FSG is coming. We all know that basically teams finish up in the league somewhere related to their expenditure on the squad. FSG have had a cheat code with Klopp and we're coming to the end of his tenure. It should not be forgotten that Anfield has been almost entirely upgraded during their stewardship, and we have built a new training complex that is bearing fruit in that it has brought the academy and squad together in a manner that has allowed us to see players seamlessly integrate this season. So it is wait and see for me. Which should be an option on this poll.

FFP want a word with you.

No manager/owner has a spotless record. Considering where we were / what we've won / where we are now, personally I find it ridiculous and precious for anyone to talk about 'FSG Out'.
An extra £100m spend is what we would have needed to sure up the squad in the two seasons when everyman and his dog could see we needed additions (ie £50m a season). Klopp has said in his past comments, "if there was money there, you don't think I would spend it?"

Strange time to ask no? Ask again 1st September.
The test for FSG is coming. We all know that basically teams finish up in the league somewhere related to their expenditure on the squad. FSG have had a cheat code with Klopp and we're coming to the end of his tenure. It should not be forgotten that Anfield has been almost entirely upgraded during their stewardship, and we have built a new training complex that is bearing fruit in that it has brought the academy and squad together in a manner that has allowed us to see players seamlessly integrate this season. So it is wait and see for me. Which should be an option on this poll.
These. Being grateful to them for saving us from G&H is one thing. Whether they have been/will be good enough as owners of Champions and ambitious club constantly challenging for top honours is another. Being "Net Spend FC" would have been an even greater problem/burden if not for Klopp.

Going from (18/19) 97 pts and (19/20) 99 pts to (20/21) 69 pts; (21/22) 92 pts to (22/23) 67 pts weren't without reasons. "Exodus" of management staffs in consecutive seasons probably aren't coincidence too.

Last edited:

Yes, this.

They were a huge improvement on the previous group and come without many of the deficits attached to other clubs' ownership groups but they won the lottery with Klopp. (Tbf, have to credit them with landing him above other clubs.)

The real test is soon to come. But they haven't yet given me reason to agitate for their departure, even if there have been occasional frustrations along the way.

I never wanted them fully out, because they understand sports and have done wonders to raise our revenue and make it all sustainable. All I want them to do is actually spend and sell when necessary. I feel safe knowing they will make the right hire after Klopp and set the right expectations.

The in/out debate is boring, infantile and pointless untill there is genuine alternative to discuss. What else is there to say that has not been said already?

That’s not really the case though - the strategy has been pretty clear in that we generally don’t compromise on quality if we don’t get the player we want.

We have finite resources - there’s nothing not clear about the owners strategy - if a player is available for a price that we’re willing to play then we’ll try to sign him. If the players we want aren’t available then we’ll wait till either they or someone as good is.

Sometimes it works in our favour - because, realistically, how many of our signings under Klopp have failed - Kieta the most obvious one due to injury, Thiago similar but has had his moments too and probably Karius - that’s it.

So, we can be critical of our strategy, but it seems weird to given the success rate is phenomenally high. Part of that has to be down to deciding not to chase after “maybe” players - leave that to the Chelseas and Utd’s of the world.

We didn’t sign a CB because we wanted Konate, so we decided to wait - and it probably would have been ok apart from the GBH on Virgil committed by T-Rex arms.

We didn’t sign a midfielder last year - which led to Mac A & Dom - who weren’t available the previous summer. The minute we lost the CL final our chances of Bellingham reversed, though we clearly spent years trying to get him.

We were after Gravy for years too.

Endo is probably the only example that comes to mind of a Plan B signing.

So… get rid of the owners!!!! no, absolutely not, why - they’ve invested in the Academy and we’re seeing the results, they invested in the ground and that along with their input in commercial revenues means we’re sold financially with no worries, no need to sell players, can offer top wages to retain world class talent - what sort of muppet would want to give that up just so as we could splash cash we don’t have on a bunch of shite players - just look round the Premier League for how that works out.

There’s areas they need to get better at - this appointment has to be spot on and there’s a mess in the backroom and support staff that also needs fixing - which really shouldn’t be taking this long to sort out - but has to be IN, surely.

An extra £100m spend is what we would have needed to sure up the squad in the two seasons when everyman and his dog could see we needed additions (ie £50m a season). Klopp has said in his past comments, "if there was money there, you don't think I would spend it?"

How much have we saved with Trent, Jones, Bradley, Elliott (yeah I know), Quansah, Clark, McDonnell, Doak and maybe even Morton? Yes I know some of them are barely fringe players but they are playing minutes and taking up slots that otherwise we'd have had to buy someone to fill. And it's likely at least 4-5 of them will be at the core of our squad for the next few years.

I know I’m an old fucker - but most of us are on this site.

A few will have seen the glory days of the 70’s & 80’s, more will have seen the 90’s shitshow and most should have lived through the cowboy years when they nearly fucking ruined us.

Given all that - fuck me… why would anyone with half a brain want to remove FSG unless they literally have no idea what went on in the past.

I never wanted them fully out, because they understand sports and have done wonders to raise our revenue and make it all sustainable. All I want them to do is actually spend and sell when necessary. I feel safe knowing they will make the right hire after Klopp and set the right expectations.

That’s not really the case though - the strategy has been pretty clear in that we generally don’t compromise on quality if we don’t get the player we want.

We have finite resources - there’s nothing not clear about the owners strategy - if a player is available for a price that we’re willing to play then we’ll try to sign him. If the players we want aren’t available then we’ll wait till either they or someone as good is.

Sometimes it works in our favour - because, realistically, how many of our signings under Klopp have failed - Kieta the most obvious one due to injury, Thiago similar but has had his moments too and probably Karius - that’s it.

So, we can be critical of our strategy, but it seems weird to given the success rate is phenomenally high. Part of that has to be down to deciding not to chase after “maybe” players - leave that to the Chelseas and Utd’s of the world.

We didn’t sign a CB because we wanted Konate, so we decided to wait - and it probably would have been ok apart from the GBH on Virgil committed by T-Rex arms.

We didn’t sign a midfielder last year - which led to Mac A & Dom - who weren’t available the previous summer. The minute we lost the CL final our chances of Bellingham reversed, though we clearly spent years trying to get him.

We were after Gravy for years too.

Endo is probably the only example that comes to mind of a Plan B signing.

So… get rid of the owners!!!! no, absolutely not, why - they’ve invested in the Academy and we’re seeing the results, they invested in the ground and that along with their input in commercial revenues means we’re sold financially with no worries, no need to sell players, can offer top wages to retain world class talent - what sort of muppet would want to give that up just so as we could splash cash we don’t have on a bunch of shite players - just look round the Premier League for how that works out.

There’s areas they need to get better at - this appointment has to be spot on and there’s a mess in the backroom and support staff that also needs fixing - which really shouldn’t be taking this long to sort out - but has to be IN, surely.
he has intimated we're limited on funds and you've heard the press conferences where he snaps at a Journo for having to repeat himself. When out backline was decimated, who ever approves the decision waited till the last day of the window to get two very dead beat players

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJbb7PPjLT0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLl2dctypOs&t=9s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKGjUQVsZMs
Every man and his dog knows that he was hampered by FSG. As I said, had Klopp had a £100m extra, over his tenure, I would guess we could have had an extra title or at least have qualified for top 4

he has intimated we're limited on funds and you've heard the press conferences where he snaps at a Journo for having to repeat himself. When out backline was decimated, who ever approves the decision waited till the last day of the window to get two very dead beat players

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJbb7PPjLT0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLl2dctypOs&t=9s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKGjUQVsZMs
Every man and his dog knows that he was hampered by FSG. As I said, had Klopp had a £100m extra, over his tenure, I would guess we could have had an extra title or at least have qualified for top 4

Balls.

Hampered by FSG’s desire to stay within FFP and not cheat.

Where was this magical £100m extra coming from?

Balls.

Hampered by FSG’s desire to stay within FFP and not cheat.

Where was this magical £100m extra coming from?
Where did the Arse get £600m+ despite not qualifying for CL between the years 2017-2023? They prioritised debt repayment over CL places and trophies

Where did the Arse get £600m+ despite not qualifying for CL between the years 2017-2023? They prioritised debt repayment over CL places and trophies

They got it from drastically reducing their wage bill by signing younger players and getting rid do older players on big contracts and also spending years prioritising debt repayments so that they could fund a splurge when the time was right.

You’ll see how they’ve hit a wall where they can’t buy more without first selling some players.

Now they’re paying top dollar they’ll have to be a little more selective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom