• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Latest

So when will he be available for selection?
If he could choose, probably yesterday. But it seems like our medical department are being careful with him.
I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the bench for a Europa league game in April.

Last edited:
Robbo's injured. I kind of get the feeling this will be Robbo's last season with us.
Unlike Klopp, Edwards is far more ruthless and no doubt with Klopp gone we will see more exits

Robbo's injured. I kind of get the feeling this will be Robbo's last season with us.
Unlike Klopp, Edwards is far more ruthless and no doubt with Klopp gone we will see more exits
I don't think it'll be his last. Tsimi, maybe

I think Robbo is someone who brings a lot off the pitch. He’s the kind of character you need in the dressing room to make sure no-one gets up himself. If they do, Robbo will be along to sort them out. Provided he can still do a job, even if it’s not starting every game, and the money can reflect that, then I’d keep him. He can step into the Milner role of the old pro who’s a good example, good for squad cohesion and won’t let you down when called on, even if his best days are behind him.

I think Robbo is someone who brings a lot off the pitch. He’s the kind of character you need in the dressing room to make sure no-one gets up himself. If they do, Robbo will be along to sort them out. Provided he can still do a job, even if it’s not starting every game, and the money can reflect that, then I’d keep him. He can step into the Milner role of the old pro who’s a good example, good for squad cohesion and won’t let you down when called on, even if his best days are behind him.
We can't just dismantle the entire core in 2 seasons. We already got rid of our midfield and two of our forwards.

Would Robbo want to play 2nd fiddle? If Xabi comes, I think he brings Hincapie with him which allows us to play 3 at the back, with Trent inverting

We can't just dismantle the entire core in 2 seasons. We already got rid of our midfield and two of our forwards.

Haven’t you been paying attention!!!!

Give it a few months and the usual suspects will be demanding we sell Salah, Konate, Jota, Kelleher, Diaz, Gakpo, Robbo & Tsimikas while loaning out Danns, Morton, Clark, Gordon, Badger and Koumas and demanding we sign 10 world class first team players immediately!!!!

That will be followed by gurning about not looking like a tight, world beating unit 15 minutes into the first pre-season friendly when we’ll be declared as lucky to avoid relegation.

Agree with all that Robbo provides off the pitch. But he's a one footed left back without Milner's versatility. Once his stamina and reliability goes, there won't be much value left for him on the pitch.

Absolutely love Robbo but we need to be considering his successor and he probably shouldn't have much time with us beyond next season, barring a renaissance.

Agree with all that Robbo provides off the pitch. But he's a one footed left back without Milner's versatility. Once his stamina and reliability goes, there won't be much value left for him on the pitch.

Absolutely love Robbo but we need to be considering his successor and he probably shouldn't have much time with us beyond next season, barring a renaissance.
Yeah, I get that, and you're right about versatility. I was thinking more that he can still perform at his historic level, but maybe for 75 minutes, and not twice a week for a few months straight, so he would rotate with a younger player and ease him into the team as a long-term starter (if only we could find a left-sided Bradley).

Just to expand the off-the-pitch thing, I knew an old fella called Steve (who was born the same day as Shanks) who went to the game every week for 70 years. He always used to say that he never saw a great Liverpool team without a Scotsman in it (Liddle, who was a personal friend of his, was obviously the prime example, and he insisted he never saw a better player, including for the opposition). You'd also point to the likes of Souness, Hansen, Nicol in our dominant years. I remember telling him at the time that I didn't think there was a Scotsman good enough to deserve to be in our team, except maybe Gary McAllister, but he was too old. Houllier signed him the following year and we won the cup treble. It's doubtful Gerrard would have been the same player without Gary Mac's influence.

But when I look at Robbo I understand what Steve meant. It's about attitude. It's about determination in training, it's about not accepting bullshit, being grounded and not getting ideas above your station. Of course there's the odd (top-notch) Scottish player who's a wanker, but they are few and far between. Their team-mates at all levels won't stand for it, and the players who come up through the ranks in Scotland aren't pampered like they are down here. And that attitude is infectious. That's what Robbo brings, and we shouldn't let him go without replacing that. And if he's happy to make 20-30 starts a season and do a job off the bench the rest of the time then we should do all we can to keep him here.

Haven’t you been paying attention!!!!

Give it a few months and the usual suspects will be demanding we sell Salah, Konate, Jota, Kelleher, Diaz, Gakpo, Robbo & Tsimikas while loaning out Danns, Morton, Clark, Gordon, Badger and Koumas and demanding we sign 10 world class first team players immediately!!!!

That will be followed by gurning about not looking like a tight, world beating unit 15 minutes into the first pre-season friendly when we’ll be declared as lucky to avoid relegation.
Do you mean ME!?
Salah, if he refuses to sign an extension and the Saudis offer £100m+... He would be gone
Matip - He is gone
Thiago- He is gone
Adrian - He is gone

Jota does worry me because he is so injury prone, but I wouldn't want Salah and Jota gone in the same window. So keep
Diaz, his father seems to be pushing for a move. If he wants to stay, I would keep him.
Kelleher - Keep. There aren't as many number 2s as good as him. Give him a salary increase.
Tsimikas - Keep, he has shown he is a decent back-up option
Gakpo, Keep!
Konate, has had short injury spells but as he is being rotated and so he is being managed, Keep.
Robbo, I have loved Robbo but I think age is catching up and he isn't the same player, I would reluctantly sell.
Danns - torn between wanting to see more of him in a red shirt and him developing with more game time by loaning him out
Clark and Koumas need to be playing first team football so should be loaned out
Badger hopefully can remain fit and deputise for Endo
Morton - should be given the summer to prove his place in the 1st team or sold.

Incomings, if Salah remains, then just a CB/LB like Hincapie. If Salah leaves, then maybe someone like Goncalves on top too.
I don't think you need more than 2 players depending on departures

@moron Whats your thoughts

Last edited:
Do you mean ME!?
Salah, if he refuses to sign an extension and the Saudis offer £100m+... He would be gone
Matip - He is gone
Thiago- He is gone
Adrian - He is gone

Jota does worry me because he is so injury prone, but I wouldn't want Salah and Jota gone in the same window. So keep
Diaz, his father seems to be pushing for a move. If he wants to stay, I would keep him.
Kelleher - Keep. There aren't as many number 2s as good as him. Give him a salary increase.
Tsimikas - Keep, he has shown he is a decent back-up option
Gakpo, Keep!
Konate, has had short injury spells but as he is being rotated and so he is being managed, Keep.
Robbo, I have loved Robbo but I think age is catching up and he isn't the same player, I would reluctantly sell.
Danns - torn between wanting to see more of him in a red shirt and him developing with more game time by loaning him out
Clark and Koumas need to be playing first team football so should be loaned out
Badger hopefully can remain fit and deputise for Endo
Morton - should be given the summer to prove his place in the 1st team or sold.

Incomings, if Salah remains, then just a CB/LB like Hincapie. If Salah leaves, then maybe someone like Goncalves on top too.
I don't think you need more than 2 players depending on departures

@moron Whats your thoughts

I think you’re being generous in using the plural of thought for Moron there - there isn’t much room for thought after all the effort has been expended on Curtis Jones.

Klopp confirming that Alisson is back in 2,5-3 weeks. Back for Everton (A) or Fulham (A) it would seem.

That's something at least. Hopefully we're not rushing him back
Why would we? Kelleher has been phenomenal - 2nd best save rate in the PL, just fractionally behind Ali. That 2-3 weeks is probably being conservative !

Last edited:
Do we know if Jones or Trent are training with the squad yet? Really want both to be featuring against Sheffield United ahead of the Old Trafford trip.

At this stage Alexander-Arnold is targeting either the first leg of the Europa League quarter-final against Atalanta on April 11 or the league game against Crystal Palace three days later.

Goalkeeper Alisson, who has been out with a hamstring injury since early February, is also eyeing mid-April for his return."

- James Pearce

Back
Top Bottom