• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He still got it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like you might have jinxed Suarez, looks to be retiring with knee problems.

ShimmeringGraveHomalocephale-size_restricted.gif

Oh shit yeah it was outside the boot!!!! And came just after he was taunted for missing a sitter. Hahahahah even better.

There were parts of Luis Saureez's Liverpool career where he was going toe-to-toe with Messi/Ronaldo for the best player in the world. Other players have better legacies, but in terms of raw, outrageous talent, competitiveness and work ethic, I find it hard to imagine anyone in our history could surpass Suarez.

In his second season with us, I sat at the table next to him in one of the Brazilian Churrasco restaurants in town. The guy was so shy his wife did all the ordering and spoke for him when directly addressed. It was funny watching him turn into an animal on the pitch a few days later, screaming at referees, winding up CBs, and generally being a massive pain in the arse for the opposition. You'll never see a better example of someone more befitting of a Jekyll and Hyde comparison.

I happen to have a friend from Montevideo and this chimes in totally with what he told me about the guy when the Evra fiasco was at its height

I don't think so. We were OK as a team (until things unravelled right at the end of the season) but without Suarez we'd never have got that close, IMO anyway.
Same could be said if we were without Sterling or Sturridge....Suarez as majestic as he was had the perfect dance partners in which to shine off.

Until Mo Sadio and Bobby came along, this was arguably the best and most electric front 3 in Europe....maybe behind Bale Benzema & Ronaldo.

He was great but Suarez was on another level
Which no one can deny but to say he single handedly made us title challengers is a little far-fetched. If he was surrounded by junkies like Downing Carroll & Spearing then ok you could say that.

But he had Sterling Sturridge & Coutinho beside him.

Which no one can deny but to say he single handedly made us title challengers is a little far-fetched. If he was surrounded by junkies like Downing Carroll & Spearing then ok you could say that.

But he had Sterling Sturridge & Coutinho beside him.
What happened after he left?

What happened after he left?

Sterling followed him out, Sturridge couldn't stay fit for 3 games, Stevie got a year older.

& then Rodgers and Ayre fucked up every move we made the following summer.

Image selling Suarez and spending the proceeds on Rickie Lambert, Mario Balotelli, Lazer Markovic, Alberto Moreno & Dejan Lovren!!!

This isn’t in any way tangible but I’m absolutely certain having Luis Suarez in the team lifted everyone’s confidence and performance levels way beyond where they’d have been without him. Not to mention the space his fellow forwards were gifted by the oppositions fear of him alone. If you’ve ever played in a team with someone unreal in the same side it’s a huge boost.

Signing Balotelli was like watching someone else buy a car, have a load of problems with it, sell it, watch the next owner have a load of problems, then we buy it and think it’ll replace our Ferrari.

It’s just that we could have maximized his output even further in a super counter pressing system under Klopp.

Perhaps, scary stuff if so.

Obviously would never compare Klopp's style to Rodger's but under Rodger's he did seem to suit that high intensity, aggressive, fast paced attacking football for us really well.....would've been intriguing to see how his game would've developed/changed under Klopp in his first season here at least before leaving.

Nevermind, wasn't to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom