• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He still got it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando

Best striker I've ever seen play for Liverpool. Yes, that includes Rush, Fowler, Owen and Torres.

And it's fucking tragic that we didn't build a dynasty (as the Americans call it) with him in the team.

some unreal goals there - what a fucking insane talent he was.
he really should have won the league that year with him and stevie g ...

Love Suarez but half that 1:45 compilation is made up of misses / saves.

Meh.

We didn’t build a dynasty mostly due to him unable to stop biting people etc and he chose to leave at his earliest opportunity, at least we got some Tshirts printed. Great goals but meh…

Last edited:
Love Suarez but half that 1:45 compilation is made up of misses / saves.

Meh.
The chip attempt 17 seconds in was pretty funny but it was probably poor to show what he still has in the tank at his age.

There's a difference between assessing a player's ability and assessing his career. Other Liverpool players have had greater LFC careers but for sheer outrageous individual ability, the kind that makes spectators ask "How the **** did he manage THAT?", Suarez is the greatest talent I've seen in 60 years as a Red. Stevie G calls him the best striker he ever played with, and he ought to know.

For me Gerrard is still the best player I've seen play for the club, probably both in terms of achievements at Liverpool and ability wise. (although I do acknowledge and believe Kenny is the #1 in the all time)

Suarez a close 2nd on ability wise but yes there are many players even from the Klopp era that rank higher on achievements at the club.

There's a difference between assessing a player's ability and assessing his career. Other Liverpool players have had greater LFC careers but for sheer outrageous individual ability, the kind that makes spectators ask "How the **** did he manage THAT?", Suarez is the greatest talent I've seen in 60 years as a Red. Stevie G calls him the best striker he ever played with, and he ought to know.
Absolutley 100% agree. Me and some of the SCM's massive saw him in his pomp. Game before x-mas. LFC Vs Norwich. I've never seen a performance quite like it. Astonishing.

Yeah. What did they ever do to deserve the treatment he repeatedly handed out to them? :D
Just being there would be my conclusion. It could have been anyone that day. It wouldn't have mattered. He was like the football equivelent of the Harlem Globetrotters. Gerrard is bang on. Best I've ever seen.

Great memories of a great game (And a great night actually) So much fun. The Gerrard thing is interesting. He upped his game in the most massive way that day. He'd been a bit lethargic (maybe carrying a knock or something) the few games previous. He saw what Suarez was doing and the mood he was in and he just rose to it. Whatever got into Suarez that day inspired everyone in a red shirt. Put it this way Norwich felt the full force of a pumped to fuck Suarez and an inspired Gerrard. Norwich (bless 'em) didn't know what hit them. The crowd certainly did. We all watched in awe.

353021042_834564294703067_2754260154366884602_n.jpg

There were parts of Luis Saureez's Liverpool career where he was going toe-to-toe with Messi/Ronaldo for the best player in the world. Other players have better legacies, but in terms of raw, outrageous talent, competitiveness and work ethic, I find it hard to imagine anyone in our history could surpass Suarez.

In his second season with us, I sat at the table next to him in one of the Brazilian Churrasco restaurants in town. The guy was so shy his wife did all the ordering and spoke for him when directly addressed. It was funny watching him turn into an animal on the pitch a few days later, screaming at referees, winding up CBs, and generally being a massive pain in the arse for the opposition. You'll never see a better example of someone more befitting of a Jekyll and Hyde comparison.

There were parts of Luis Saureez's Liverpool career where he was going toe-to-toe with Messi/Ronaldo for the best player in the world. Other players have better legacies, but in terms of raw, outrageous talent, competitiveness and work ethic, I find it hard to imagine anyone in our history could surpass Suarez.

In his second season with us, I sat at the table next to him in one of the Brazilian Churrasco restaurants in town. The guy was so shy his wife did all the ordering and spoke for him when directly addressed. It was funny watching him turn into an animal on the pitch a few days later, screaming at referees, winding up CBs, and generally being a massive pain in the arse for the opposition. You'll never see a better example of someone more befitting of a Jekyll and Hyde comparison.

Is it wrong to say that he single-handedly almost led us to the title?

My favourite Suarez goal, speed, awareness, control. Very few players could do this:

Technical brilliance.

My personal favourite was against Norwich away, I think we won 3-0.....it was a complete flash of a goal, pinched it off the defender, megged him and curled it past I think Ruddy with his weaker foot all in the space of about 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom