• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He’ll Slot right in

So is he joining us or not, the wording in that tweet is awful. Says he rejects the proposal from Slot but then last paragraph says he rejects the offer to stay with the Ukrainian club?
Missing punctuation -
However the 52 y/o Shakhtar manager rejected the offer, to stay with the Ukrainian club

All the reading and interviews provide nice/interesting insights but in the press/social media, every time someone gets a job (esp. those who "made the step up" from less competitive leagues or "smaller" clubs), positive reports and references are published so best not to get hopes too high for a start.

For example, Dutch journalist Marcel van der Kraan who said these about Slot

"Liverpool fans should be confident because Slot does not lack any confidence and he will play the way he wants," he said. "He has a super attacking style and it is very similar to that of Pep Guardiola.

"He will not adapt against any opposition. Slot is like Guardiola and it is attack, attack, attack. He demands so much from his players."

"He has a personality where he knows he can carry a club because he has done that with smaller clubs and Feyenoord.

"He is charismatic and if Liverpool have done their homework and studied him, then they will know he is so similar to Klopp. He is full of energy and that is good for the Liverpool team because the players will not see much difference."

said these about ten Hag

"He is a massive fan of Pep Guardiola and his coaching is very similar," he said. "He is very intense, on the pitch every day and is an absolute fan of very attacking, dominant football.

"He's done this in the Dutch league but also most impressively in the Champions League
and that's what makes him a very wanted manager."

and these

Erik ten Hag's football philosophy has always been like Pep Guardiola's and Johan Cruyff's. He likes to attack, to create things on the pitch.

His man management is excellent and all his players say they have learnt so much from him.

Whereas many coaches focus on the first XI, Ten Hag will spend an incredible amount of time on the training pitch.
At Manchester United he won't just pay attention to the star players like Cristiano Ronaldo or Harry Maguire, he'll also go to the 19th or 20th most important player. He's taken on players with different characters and he doesn't mind how many hours he has to spend with them, he will give all his time to them.

That's where he gets the respect from the players because they see the effort he puts in to improve them individually. Even with those who have the most difficult background - some kind of baggage, maybe - if he thinks the talent is there he'll make sure they fit in.

Other examples incl. Sky sports features like these:

Erik ten Hag to Manchester United: His coaching journey from Twente to Ajax via Go Ahead Eagles explained in detail

Arne Slot to Liverpool: From FC Zwolle to Cambuur, AZ Alkmaar to Feyenoord, the making of Liverpool's next manager

View: https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1784178956893093936

Yeah - I watched that and another one.

If… and it is an IF… he can translate his set up, coaching and thinking to us, then I can see why we’ve gone with him.

It’ll suit most of the players - meaning we shouldn’t see much of a drop off, but we should also be able to remain competitive.

All the things we’ve whinged about this season get fixed - FB’s defending meaning were tighter at the back, less goals conceded, more control of games, Slobbers allowed a more creative attacking role…

Add to that, I’ve seen at least 2 different reviewers make the point that Diaz is Slots wet dream and is a certain starter, that it’ll get the best out of Salah, that we have loads of cover in midfield.

There’s lots of potential upsides here - if he can just get those tactical tweaks right and get the players inside.

Sell no-one unless they want to go - CB, forward and maybe a DM - and we’re good.

I like the suggestion of Diomande at CB and if Slot is going to go back to his old club for a player, then we’ve been linked with Wieffer before and he fits the profile of what we’d want.

The big question is the centre forward - Gykores would likely cost too much and I’d be wary of the one-season wonder issue.

I’m intrigued by this guy’s idea of Trent at RCM in Slot’s system (or some other way of finding a place for both Trent and Bradley in the starting 11). Due to injuries, Klopp never once had a chance to try it this season, which is mad - but potentially this could be an incredible right side with so much creativity, quality crossing from deep and from byline and energy between the two of them.

I’m intrigued by this guy’s idea of Trent at RCM in Slot’s system (or some other way of finding a place for both Trent and Bradley in the starting 11). Due to injuries, Klopp never once had a chance to try it this season, which is mad - but potentially this could be an incredible right side with so much creativity, quality crossing from deep and from byline and energy between the two of them.
I think he stole that idea from 6CM ;)

Oh I was ready to watch that - until I saw who it was giving the anlaysis. That guy has been so off target so often, and misses so much (or shoehorns ideas into his analysis), that is obvious, that I couldn't watch another of his videos.

I’ve seen other ones that have Harvey replacing Mo permanently and Gakpo playing as an attacking midfielder on the left sort of sitting deeper between Diaz & Nunez (or his replacement).

View: https://twitter.com/FootballOranje_/status/1784678819825066012

=====

PSV chief Marcel Brands has offered advice to Arne Slot ahead of taking charge of Liverpool.

Slot will leave Feyenoord for Liverpool on July 1 to replace Jurgen Klopp.

Brands, formerly technical director of Everton, told Goedemorgen Eredivisie: “Don't focus blindly on signing five Dutch players.

“He has to look very carefully at what he needs with his style of football. Only settle for top players."

He added, “Slot will be working at one of the biggest clubs in England. You have to realise that. Liverpool have supporters from all over the world, and the pressure is always there. Just like Manchester United, they really are the biggest clubs in England.

"But it is a fantastic challenge."

Is he scared we're gonna come after his players or something, Bakayoko maybe?

He shouldn't be speaking for other clubs, especially when he doesn't know our transfer strategy or ownership model.

Back
Top Bottom